This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Boss (SPOILERS)

#1Nate526Posted 8/15/2013 1:43:49 AM
In your opinion, should Square have included Necron as the final boss? - Results (54 votes)
Yes, Necron was needed
64.81% (35 votes)
No, they should've left it with Kuja
35.19% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What you guys think?
#2decoy51Posted 8/15/2013 6:18:47 AM(edited)
I found Trance Kuja very boring. Necron brings the theme of existence full circle.
#3AhribarPosted 8/15/2013 10:16:44 AM
If they cut it short after Trance Kuja, here's how the last part of the game would look: Kuja threatens to destroy, the Crystal, you stop him, he dies, game over. You'd be left wondering what the Crystal really is and what destroying it would mean. Not really what I'd call a satisfying ending.

As it is: Kuja succeeds in destroying the Crystal and you have to fight the personification of Death itself (that's what Necron means in Greek) so the world can continue to exist. And that is awesome.
#4Moe_Lester_13Posted 8/15/2013 3:08:10 PM
The end would feel a bit shallow and empty without Necron.
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--
#5roxas9001Posted 8/15/2013 5:12:58 PM
Ahribar posted...
If they cut it short after Trance Kuja, here's how the last part of the game would look: Kuja threatens to destroy, the Crystal, you stop him, he dies, game over. You'd be left wondering what the Crystal really is and what destroying it would mean. Not really what I'd call a satisfying ending.

As it is: Kuja succeeds in destroying the Crystal and you have to fight the personification of Death itself (that's what Necron means in Greek) so the world can continue to exist. And that is awesome.

crystal was never destroyed
---
Tali+Shepard=Tali'Zorah nar Shepard
#6MysterPixelPosted 8/15/2013 6:27:36 PM
They shouldn't have just left it with Kuja, but they should've explained or integrated Necron better than they did.
#7Crimson_AvixPosted 8/15/2013 7:37:22 PM
Ending it with Kuja being the biggest threat to existence would take a lot of the meaning out the end of the game and some of the final sequence. Why on earth would Kuja be the final boss, then turn around and choose to save the entire party that he just tried to kill.

The game needed a bigger evil and something to kinda dilute the confusion that would have resulted from Kuja's change of heart. Having Necron to allow for Kuja to have a realization saved Square Enix from encountering an even more blatant Deus Ex Machina than what they were already utilizing.
---
Currently playing through all FFs in order
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, Tactics, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2