This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

100 Nobles is either the hardest thing ever, or the easiest...

#11seyyjJPosted 9/29/2013 2:30:15 PM
Good to know after all these years lol.
---
psn: lennylardo/gudmundsdottir
#12KrentarisPosted 10/3/2013 1:14:48 AM
Hmm. I never really found it that difficult. Once or twice to get into the swing of things, then a couple more decent attempts at it is usually enough. Still, kudos for the link - I had no idea about that.

Also, that's an interesting tidbit regarding reaction times. Do you think it's because in shorter people, the nerve signals don't have to travel as far? Or is there something else at play there? I'm kinda average, maybe a little above in height (6'2") and I'm terribly physically uncoordinated, but I've always had fast enough reactions to compete in gaming at a fairly decent level.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#13gesthal84Posted 10/3/2013 11:49:39 AM
Krentaris posted...
Hmm. I never really found it that difficult. Once or twice to get into the swing of things, then a couple more decent attempts at it is usually enough. Still, kudos for the link - I had no idea about that.

Also, that's an interesting tidbit regarding reaction times. Do you think it's because in shorter people, the nerve signals don't have to travel as far? Or is there something else at play there? I'm kinda average, maybe a little above in height (6'2") and I'm terribly physically uncoordinated, but I've always had fast enough reactions to compete in gaming at a fairly decent level.

Seems logical, taller people have longer axon lengths. I just never believed there would be any perceivable difference.
---
"Rampant ninja-related crimes these days... White House is not the exception."
#14unwashed_massesPosted 10/4/2013 3:48:41 AM
While it's true on average (based on physical limitations), the actual difference in time ends up being unperceivably small - just a few milliseconds. I think shaving off less than ten ms is unlikely to help your reflexes much. <_< It might be comforting to know that the actual way your reflexes work is way more complicated than just length. Most of that reaction time involves a signal bouncing around in your brain, and you can train to shorten that time. Practice makes perfect.
#15BetaSquadronPosted 10/4/2013 4:56:23 PM
I did it on a fat PS2, and game slowed down a lot worse than 1/4 speed. I input about 6 times before I gave up and put the disc back in. When the game returned to normal speed, I input the rest of it and got 100/100 so I'm happy. The first however many inputs probably contributed enough to my score, which I wasn't expecting.
#16LukeSkyvvalker(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 1:32:34 PM
BetaSquadron posted...
I did it on a fat PS2, and game slowed down a lot worse than 1/4 speed. I input about 6 times before I gave up and put the disc back in.

I tested it on a slim PS2, and it worked just fine. (Yes, it I would say it slowed down way more than 1/4 - but nobody's complaining right?) I have always sucked at the game, and using this little trick is the only way I seem to be able to achieve 100/100.

I must ask though, why did you take the disc out? You just have to open/close the lid... Even I'm not that impatient.
---
"Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
#17BetaSquadronPosted 10/6/2013 3:14:55 PM
Fat PS2s don't have lids. They have disk trays that you eject.
#18LukeSkyvvalker(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:09:07 PM
...Oh. I knew that.
---
"Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
#19FlahrPosted 10/14/2013 1:56:16 AM(edited)
I tried this trick and it added an hour to my time. It took literally an hour to input the buttons because of how slowly they came up, and apparently the game clock did NOT slow down because I had an hour and a half on the clock when I resumed the game to normal speed. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this what happens if the timing isn't right or what? I know I'll never be able to do this the "legit" way so I would like to get this to work...

Any help is appreciated, TC! Thanks.
---
Member of that 5% of female users. (poll 6/12/07)
............................7.5% of female users. (poll 5/9/11)