This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what are your favorite dungeons in the game? These are my favorites ^_^

#1gfaqsterPosted 10/5/2013 9:21:00 AM
For some reason I really enjoyed these

Desert Palace
Ipsen's Castle
Memoria

I just wished they were longer, bigger, had more floors, puzzles and stuff to do in them because I found them a bit too short.

But I really liked them and they kinda reminded me of the final dungeon in FF8 which I also liked.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2Atomos199Posted 10/5/2013 9:45:55 AM
I wouldn't really say this game has any "dungeons" at all, in the usual gameplay sense of the word. More like "areas" you go through which happen to have random battles.

That said, my favorite areas are:

BMV Forest (I wish it was longer, this could really have been a maze-type "dungeon"
Conde Petie Mtn Path (they could have added some more climbing on/off all those roots)
Desert Palace
Memoria
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#3WingedMasamunePosted 10/5/2013 10:38:55 AM
I'm fond of a few "dungeons".

Ice Cavern
Burmecia / Cleyra
Mount Gulug

Mostly because of the set-pieces or music.
---
http://theepicgamers.com/
http://theepicgamers.com/downloads/grekaosangel/Project%20VII.pdf
#4Flare_Dragon123Posted 10/5/2013 2:17:58 PM
I think they're dungeons, they have their own places on the world map, or within towns. Just like any dungeon really ever has.

I'm not sure how else you could define a dungeon really, though I welcome to hear why you think these aren't dungeons.

That being said,

My Top 5 Dungeons:

- Memoria (beautifully designed)
- Pandemonium (I love warped dark castles)
- Oeilvert (the remixed music, the back story littered througout)
- Cleyra's Tree (it reminded me of Centra Ruins and also the sand was an awesome mechanic)
- Burmecia (Again the music sells me here, plus the bells and the tragic sense of it all)

This is honestly one of the games where the dungeons seemed to just get better and better. They were all so insanely good and help sell the game.
---
Movie Reviews, Gaming News, and other random tidbits:
http://expositoryconundrum.wordpress.com/
#5Atomos199Posted 10/5/2013 2:45:14 PM
Well, for me, a dungeon usually has some puzzle(s) involved, and maybe some unique mechanics for getting around, exploring etc. Like in Zelda, or Tales Symphonia.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#6NegaZeldaPosted 10/5/2013 2:57:46 PM
Atomos199 posted...
Well, for me, a dungeon usually has some puzzle(s) involved, and maybe some unique mechanics for getting around, exploring etc. Like in Zelda, or Tales Symphonia.

Doesn't Pandemonium fit that description? Teleporter puzzles, the flashing lights puzzle, elevator puzzle? And the teleporters being used as transportation of course (unique to Terran tech).

Anyway, my favourites are these:

Burmecia - The atmosphere and music just make it quite beautiful, despite what's happened.
Pandemonium - Again, the music makes this a great place. The visuals also contrast the look of a dark castle and laboratory really well.
Condie Petie Mtn. Path - It's just so relaxing to be here. You're at a part of the disc where the urgency is lessened and it just feels great to take a break in the sun in this place. I need to find a real world equivalent. =/

My most favourite place in the entire game though? South Gate/Summit Station. Even though Garnet is in a rush story-wise, I always stop here for much longer than you're supposed to. The music is so carefree and the atmosphere and design of the area exudes a relaxing aura. It really feels like a place where you could just sit down, have some (Burman) Coffee and watch the world go by.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972
#7peedeejayPosted 10/5/2013 4:38:31 PM
Gizamaluke's Grotto, Mt. Gulug, Burmecia, Memoria, Cleyra, Fossil Roo, there are just too many great areas in this game.

Atomos199 posted...
I wouldn't really say this game has any "dungeons"

What about Alexandria Castle's dungeon? :D
#8datdudeMcCoyPosted 10/5/2013 8:58:15 PM
alexandria rooftops. gets me every time..
---
WHO DEY!!!!!!!
#9mega1343Posted 10/5/2013 9:06:21 PM(edited)
Fav Dungeons:

Pandomoneum- The music that's played here is one of my favorite's in the entire series. They play it when you fight the Silver Dragon but I wish they kept playing it when you fight Garland instead of going back to the regular boss theme.

Memoria- Also like this place because of the music, the intro cutscene also kicks ass, and the part when Quina is drowning is always funny to me for some reason.

Mt. Gulug- I always liked this place for some reason. Its nothing special about it but I just like it.
Least Fav:

That dungeon under Qu's Marsh with the Gargans and miners all over the place. I don't remember for sure if it was Gargon Roo or Fossil Roo but either way I hated that place. The song kind of made up for it though.

Ipsen's Castle- On my first playthrough I didn't know about the gimmick that was there.
---
SamG528
#10gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:27:29 AM
Oh I forgot to put Oeilvert in my original post I really like that area too.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-