This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why dont people like quina?

#1BrokeTheGameDoePosted 10/30/2013 5:27:50 PM
Ix was somehow the only one i never played. Just finished it the other day and friends and a lot of stuff ive read suggest people dont like him/her.

I perosnally thought it was good comic relief. Plus blue magic ftw. I think i hate everything.

Y you all stare at this rock for? I go lick it!

Amd my favorite...

I find no tasties.in this town so we cook you for breakfast! (Talking to beatrix... who <3333)
#2CalmlanderPosted 10/30/2013 6:43:58 PM
I like her.
---
100 goals with Shaami in 1 League!!! http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#3NateRose89Posted 10/30/2013 10:11:12 PM
Calmlander posted...
I like her.

Wash your mouth out! He's a dude!
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#4CalmlanderPosted 10/30/2013 11:03:34 PM
NateRose89 posted...
Calmlander posted...
I like her.

Not i'm my game, the Qu is ''her''.

I own a spanish copy. And in this game (and probably FF9 is the only example) the spanish translation is slighty more accurate than the english version. For example:

Zidane is called Yitán (Gypsy), Zidane was a mistranslation, Necron is called Tiniebla Eterna (Eternal Darkness), they run out of space, Quina is a woman, like her master, and so on...
---
100 goals with Shaami in 1 League!!! http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#5NateRose89Posted 10/30/2013 11:13:53 PM
Calmlander posted...
NateRose89 posted...
Calmlander posted...
I like her.

Not i'm my game, the Qu is ''her''.

I own a spanish copy. And in this game (and probably FF9 is the only example) the spanish translation is slighty more accurate than the english version. For example:

Zidane is called Yitán (Gypsy), Zidane was a mistranslation, Necron is called Tiniebla Eterna (Eternal Darkness), they run out of space, Quina is a woman, like her master, and so on...

Well. This I did not know. Ya learn something new every day.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#6MysterPixelPosted 10/31/2013 12:33:26 AM
Quina is the best character in the game!

Calmlander posted...
the spanish translation is slighty more accurate than the english version.

Quina is of ambiguous gender/genderless in the original Japanese, so if anything it is less accurate to actually give them a gender pronoun.
#7RavenShinobiPosted 10/31/2013 3:02:16 AM
The game wouldn't have been the same for me without Quina.I might be in the minority, but Quina is one of my favorite characters to use in battle.
---
Favs: FF9, We <3 Katamari, Zelda: MM, Jet Grind Radio, Castlevania: SotN, Ape Escape, MGS, Chrono, Suikoden 1-3
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Haya_Yandere
#8Roy-FokkerPosted 10/31/2013 11:07:05 AM
It looks stupid. I can't say much more than that. I just can't stand looking at it so it gets the bench. If it wasn't for having to recruit it to get to the other continent I would love it to rot in its' swamp.
#9loselessPosted 10/31/2013 2:04:49 PM
Well, plot-wise, if you had change Quina's parts for some random NPC or other character it would have been the same. It only adds comical relief, nothing else. And Zidane does that better (certainly more subtle and less goofy). Plus, a fork? Really? Hadn't Final Fantasy had enough stupid weapons already?!?

Still, it beats the f..... blitzball...
#10Roy-FokkerPosted 10/31/2013 2:14:25 PM
RavenShinobi posted...
The game wouldn't have been the same for me without Quina.I might be in the minority, but Quina is one of my favorite characters to use in battle.

As far as utility goes, the blue magic was great. I just found Quina annoying and silly looking though and the blue magic was definitely not necessary to have in the party. Much like Gau who I dislike as much as Quina. From the first time I met the little bugger and he's all "Awuu me Gau" or whatever. I was done.