This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

E2PG question

#91Atomos199Posted 11/30/2013 8:32:30 AM
doubtkiller25 posted...
Although I'm sure I'll get shot down for this, my experience with the Hippaul race has been that using a Turbo Controller *kinda* works. Strangely enough, if you win with turbo on the whole way you won't win, but if you turn off the turbo at the last second and take the last couple steps manually you win.

There was a topic about this once. The mechanics apparently check whether a turbo controller is used, but only at the time you finish IIRC. So that's why your strategy works, I think.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#92doubtkiller25(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:31:54 AM
Atomos199 posted...
There was a topic about this once. The mechanics apparently check whether a turbo controller is used, but only at the time you finish IIRC. So that's why your strategy works, I think.

I feel silly now haha. Well that's good to know. What a silly oversight :P
#93seyyjJPosted 11/30/2013 2:29:12 PM(edited)
Yay, no more worrying over Zidanes trance gauge atleast.

On my second attempt at the Desert Palace dock, I got two fast battles with single Ogres, both did Trouble Knife immidiately on Zidane, leaving Amarant with critical HP, Eiko KO and Zidanes trance gauge almost full, pretty much guaranteed trance after one hit.

Next up Oeilvert. Should't be too bad in terms of random encounters..

E: Just noticed I've accidently sold both my Mythril Daggers, it's gonna be fun stealing that Holy Lance from Ark..
---
psn: lennylardo/gudmundsdottir
#94Atomos199Posted 11/30/2013 3:39:57 PM(edited)
doubtkiller25 posted...
Atomos199 posted...

I feel silly now haha. Well that's good to know. What a silly oversight :P

Not silly at all, I think - it's a very obscure issue.

seyyjJ posted...
Next up Oeilvert. Should't be too bad in terms of random encounters..

Wow, you're really BLAZING through this! :O
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#95seyyjJPosted 12/1/2013 12:22:26 PM(edited)
Atomos199 posted...
Wow, you're really BLAZING through this! :O

Yeah I guess so, but there hasn't been a single day without playing since I started. Even when I've been sick of it, I've given it few attempts and when something works out on those couple first tries, it really gives new spirit to keep going on. I also think I've been very lucky on many segments, getting through segments on first or second attempt. It's really addicting too lol.

But yeah, I just made some progress again. I'm finished with Oeilvert, I guess. I got through the place with relatively low effort, but Ark was entirely different thing. After many, many attempts I finally got the Holy Lance and Ark killed, but then I messed up getting the key. All I could think was "DON'T MESS THIS ONE UP, YOU CAN'T MESS THIS ONE UP!" and so just as I got near the key ready to pick it up, I blew it. What can you expect though, when you're only thinking to not mess something up, you just end up doing exactly that. Then I mashed buttons on the prompt where you choose to go up or put the scales again..

It was terrible but I think I'll have to go with that. That puts me into Desert Palace with time of 9:05:16 and that means I have roughly 18 minutes of the buffer left.

E: Ahaha oh whoa, so I decided to give few more tries for Ark to possibly fix my errors with the hourglass thingy. The second one of those attempts went perfect with Ark and then I nailed the damn hourglass thingy in just few seconds over a minute.
---
#96PibugoPosted 12/2/2013 2:21:39 AM
Hey Atomos, I've wondered..

My Action Replay Max Evo is on the way (hope it comes quickly, I am currently at the point of reset and can't progress lol), I dunno if this is a good accessory (or whatever you wanna call it) for cheating, I just got one that allows me to reset the timer, didn't really care.. but I've started to wonder if there are some fun cheats to use?

I don't mean ones like "max stats" or "99 every equipment" that's just lame, but something like... well, I thought it would be interesting if I could swap Zidane and/or make someone else the leader on world map.
Which means, say, I wanted Quina, Vivi, Dagger and Eiko to be my members in battle and Quina would be the person running the show, are there cheats to allow this? It'd be a good change to not have Zidane in the party :P

This is just one example, of course. Some sort of list would be nice, but I was not able to find anything by searching...
---
"Lazy bum." ~ Freya to Zidane
#97seyyjJPosted 12/2/2013 5:53:35 AM
Even though I've really enjoyed the challenge, the ups and downs with hours of resetting and the lucky streaks, there's something I genuinely feel bad about.

It's the fact that at this point, when I finally get to play the challenge myself, the guide is pretty much perfected to the point where no further improvements can be made. All the hard work for strategies is done by others and I've missed all that, all I can do is just follow the guide and do everything as it says without having to think that much and I'll get there even with slightly sloppy playing. It feels cheap in a way, I've missed out all the conversations and testing to come up with such great strategies and now that I play it myself, there's no way I couldn't contribute to it or give anything back.

That's how I feel about it, but maybe there's a chance I'm being too consious about it, maybe I just have to appreciate all the work done by playing the challenge, making the best possible use of the guide and enjoy the heck out of it.
---
#98IllusionGamer90Posted 12/2/2013 11:05:08 AM
Hey guys, what's up?!!! :D

Lol, sorry for my long absence of this challenge. Been playing a lot of Pokemon X and I no longer have Internet access that much anymore. But I promise everyone that I'm still not finished (quitting) the challenge. I've just been busy with a lot of things lately and it's been a little difficult.

I'm really liking how everyone is completely happy with the new guide and how a bunch of people have join the quest to their perfect file! :) Gotta say, finally glad it is over. Good luck on your challenge, my friends!

Also, anyone let me know if my program has a bug and where. Since the guides aims towards perfection, then everything in it should be.

Peace!!
---
Pokemon X FC: 2148-8537-5761 / Illusion
Grass Safari: Sunkern, Swadloon, Gogoat
#99Atomos199Posted 12/2/2013 1:38:29 PM
Pibugo posted...
Hey Atomos, I've wondered..

My Action Replay Max Evo is on the way (hope it comes quickly, I am currently at the point of reset and can't progress lol), I dunno if this is a good accessory (or whatever you wanna call it) for cheating, I just got one that allows me to reset the timer, didn't really care.. but I've started to wonder if there are some fun cheats to use?

I'm not sure how to break this to you, but AFAIK all PS2 cheat devices work only on PS2 games, and that would include the ARMax Evo. You need one of the old disc-based GS or AR specifically for PS1 games.

As for the codes, yes, switching party members is easy. You can even change characters' skill lists, give them unallowed equipment, enemy spells (there's a FAQ for this), etc. Check out this link for a very comprehensive list:

http://gamehacking.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=1&gid=11157

I also have some old, unpublished data that can be used to give any/all enemies or party members any combination of status effects.

seyyjJ posted...
Even though I've really enjoyed the challenge, the ups and downs with hours of resetting and the lucky streaks, there's something I genuinely feel bad about.

It's the fact that at this point, when I finally get to play the challenge myself, the guide is pretty much perfected to the point where no further improvements can be made. All the hard work for strategies is done by others and I've missed all that, all I can do is just follow the guide and do everything as it says without having to think that much and I'll get there even with slightly sloppy playing. It feels cheap in a way, I've missed out all the conversations and testing to come up with such great strategies and now that I play it myself, there's no way I couldn't contribute to it or give anything back.

That's how I feel about it, but maybe there's a chance I'm being too consious about it, maybe I just have to appreciate all the work done by playing the challenge, making the best possible use of the guide and enjoy the heck out of it.

I'm really glad to hear this bolded part because it means that we don't need to get to work on another overhaul! *happy dance* I hope you don't discover anything in the remaining sections you still have ahead of you >__< Actually, let me rephrase that: DO NOT discover anything :P

Yeah, I guess it maybe feels like coming late to the party, huh? Well, to put things into perspective, it was also a TON of work, things were being revised constantly, and there were moments when I was really close to just saying "F-It" and abandoning the update. On the other hand, there were some great discussions, I think the most exciting one was the Non-Physical Ozma Battle, which sadly did not end up making it into the guide. Maybe I'll include it as a kind of "extras/trivia" section some day. But it's also archived in the forum.

IllusionGamer90 posted...
Hey guys, what's up?!!! :D

OMG it's Illusion!!! :D haha

I'm really liking how everyone is completely happy with the new guide and how a bunch of people have join the quest to their perfect file! :) Gotta say, finally glad it is over.

Amen to that!

You know what, we should have organized some sort of online forum after-party hehe :D Guess it's a bit late now... >__>
---
~ bastardpoetry
#100seyyjJPosted 12/2/2013 6:11:23 PM(edited)
^ I can only imagine the amount of work and frustration that has happened during coming up with all that stuff! I've read those threads along the years but only a little because I didn't have my US console to play it myself back then. And about discoverin new stuff, well, not gonna happen unless I come up with a way to completely avoid random encounters or something crazy like that lol.. The strategies are so good that up to this point, the hardest part has been avoiding random encounters.

But speaking of random encounters, I need to whine a bit. Last night I managed to go through Desert Palace without those, it was rather easy against all of my expectations.

The DP docks on the other hand.. Now that screen is seriously evil, like the worst of them all. Seriously I'd rather run through the whole DP five times than keep trying the docks with two encounters. I really wanted to do it like the guide says but I simply couldn't do it.. I had no problems getting to Kuja with one encounter with fast Flee, I even got couple instant L1+R1 escapes and once I even got there with no encounters at all!

It was the way back that ruined everything all the time, I'd get a battles just as I stepped on the stairs after the teleport, constant back attacks and instant attacks on Zidane that made him reach trance. I've never seen so many back attacks in so short time.. Sometimes I got past the stairs part, just to be encounterd shortly afterwards and when I got out of the battle, I'd get another one in 2-5 steps. On one of that kinda attempts I didn't restart but instead went on to see how many battles I could get; I ended up having _four_ battles before I reached the end of the screen. So yeah, honestly I think that's the worst screen for me so far. I had to allow myself three battles and that I could do, one battle going in and two on the way out, luckily all with pretty much instant Flee. I wouldn't have saved much time with only two battles but it still pisses me off..

Next up would be Esto Gaza and possibly another tedious Stopfest. Zombifying Amarant would be nice to speed things up IRL with Red Dragons but then again I'd rather keep my buffer minutes as long as possible. I still have 18 minutes left so I guess there's no need to panic but better be safe than sorry.

Phew.

Also; DOUBTKILLER25, have you had the time to play lately?