This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adebadebadeba that's all folks!

#1robdawg183Posted 11/15/2013 9:09:36 AM
Woot! Beat the game!

Overall it wasn't bad a game, however not one of my favorites. I think FF8 was much better.

On to FFX! (another one I've had since the day it came out yet never played haha).

I'll be in the FFX forum I suppose.

Thanks for all your help everyone!
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 11/15/2013 7:10:07 PM
Congrats. Also, nice reference drop with the title. Merrie Melodies would approve.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3peedeejayPosted 11/15/2013 7:43:28 PM
robdawg183 posted...
Woot! Beat the game!

Overall it wasn't bad a game, however not one of my favorites. I think FF8 was much better.

On to FFX! (another one I've had since the day it came out yet never played haha).

If you liked 8 you'll probably like ten. You also have terrible taste.

Just kidding. Have fun. Advice for X: After spending a little time in his own area send Kimihari into Rikku's grid to get steal and then into Yuna's Grid to get some curative magic and dispel early.
#4kacavelikiPosted 11/16/2013 6:48:06 PM
I dislike 8 for its gameplay,9 has great story(meaning of life etc),10 has great story(anti religious basically) but is too easy,you can 1shot end bosses with just tidus' blitz ace....
#5easytoremember8Posted 11/16/2013 7:20:56 PM
wait, you're going to play 10? why not wait for ffx remastered if you can afford it. looks beautiful and it can't be coming at a better time for you
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#6robdawg183(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 10:55:30 AM
easytoremember8 posted...
wait, you're going to play 10? why not wait for ffx remastered if you can afford it. looks beautiful and it can't be coming at a better time for you

Honestly, I'm not really into new video games, and I've just been playing older FF's, so right now the graphics of the original FFX are pretty damn amazing to me haha.

I'm also playing them all via emulator, which with a nice video card makes the games, particularly the PS1 games, look a hell of a lot better than on the original systems. I have it installed on my desktop PC at home (connected to the TV), my desktop PC at work, and also on my laptop (have to lower the graphics settings on that though). I even have it installed on my Android phone.

I keep my memory card files saved in the cloud using SkyDrive so no matter what device I'm using to play, I can pick up where I left off seamlessly.
#7robdawg183(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 11:00:09 AM
peedeejay posted...
robdawg183 posted...
Woot! Beat the game!

If you liked 8 you'll probably like ten. You also have terrible taste.

Just kidding. Have fun. Advice for X: After spending a little time in his own area send Kimihari into Rikku's grid to get steal and then into Yuna's Grid to get some curative magic and dispel early.

Ahhhh thanks... that's actually a really great tip. It didn't even occur to me to learn skills from other peoples' grids.

I have a teleport sphere I won from the first Blitzball tournament too. Are those pretty rare or will I be able to get my hands on some more fairly easily? Just not sure if I should use it yet.
#8robdawg183(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 11:04:02 AM
kacaveliki posted...
I dislike 8 for its gameplay,9 has great story(meaning of life etc),10 has great story(anti religious basically) but is too easy,you can 1shot end bosses with just tidus' blitz ace....

The gameplay in 8 was pretty standard Final Fantasy gameplay, no?

To each his own, but I personally thought the story in 9 was a little dull.

I'm about 22 hours into 10 right now, and so far it does seem pretty damn easy, was hoping it would get a bit more challenging as you go along. The bosses have all been a joke.
#9peedeejayPosted 11/18/2013 1:11:41 PM(edited)
robdawg183 posted...
Ahhhh thanks... that's actually a really great tip. It didn't even occur to me to learn skills from other peoples' grids.

I have a teleport sphere I won from the first Blitzball tournament too. Are those pretty rare or will I be able to get my hands on some more fairly easily? Just not sure if I should use it yet.

I wouldn't use the teleport sphere. It's fairly rare until the endgame, and once you can customize weapons you can use it to apply Evade & Counter. It's a pretty spectacular ability.

All it takes to move Kimahri into Rikku's grid is 2 Level 1 Key Spheres, which are easy enough to get. There's a bunch of HP boosts early in her grid he can get, and then you can get Steal and Use, so you have two characters with that.

Then, to move into Yuna's grid you only need a Level 2 Key Sphere, which also should be easy enough to get. Kimahri should be ahead of Yuna on her own grid at that point, and you get Dispel. You can backtrack a little for Reflect if you want, and you'll be able to get Curaga, Regen and Holy early. Which is nice becasue it sets Kimahri up for his solo battle. It also gives you a second healer, and allows Yuna to get Steal and Use right after Dispel, so you'll have three characters with those nice abilities.

robdawg183 posted...

I'm about 22 hours into 10 right now, and so far it does seem pretty damn easy, was hoping it would get a bit more challenging as you go along. The bosses have all been a joke.

The gameplay in 8 is very much non-standard. The Junction System is non-standard, the lack of armor is non-standard as is the weapon upgrade system. Drawing and stocking magic is non-standard, as is having a system where casting magic is basically worthless.

"To each his own" is one way to look at it. The other way is that FFIX is looked at as the best or one of the best stories in the series while FFVIII's story is looked at as a very convoluted mess with absurdity ad nauseam. Anytime the two are compared all one has to do is say, "Orphanage scene," and that pretty much wins the argument for FFIX's story.

FFX isn't a difficult game. The only difficult monsters are optional ones, and you'll just have to grind to prepare for them.
#10kacavelikiPosted 11/18/2013 3:55:12 PM
robdawg183 posted...
kacaveliki posted...

Enemies scaling with you,non standard equipment,"drawing" magic from enemies,junction was difficult to understand for me when i was a child. Not really standard gameplay no >.<