This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amarant discussion topic

#31PibugoPosted 12/16/2013 4:18:18 AM
XxGarfieldxX posted...
I think there is a lot more to Amarant than a lot of people realize.

I don't want to sound rude to some people, but really, I believe the reason most people don't like him is because they need the game to literally hold their hands and scream at them a thousand times clearly how a character has changed to understand character development, hence they don't realize Amarant does develop throughout the game, and there is plenty of awesome scenes showing this, if you just pay attention.

Good point you made with Amarant being the only one of his type. This is also what I was wondering throughout the game, and expected to see another person similar to Amarant.
For example: in FFVIII, you see a NPC in FH who seems much like Squall in personality, and Squall then comments on it "Huh? He sounds like me. I guess I don't sound very nice..." or something along those lines. Amarant getting that kind of a realization or starting a fight with that person similar to him would've been awesome to be seen in an ATE :D

But I don't get why you make it sound like Amarant needs a race. He is a human, not an own race.
---
"Lazy bum." ~ Freya to Zidane
- Start your adventure: http://sieni.es/
#32XxGarfieldxXPosted 12/16/2013 11:14:57 AM
Pibugo posted...
XxGarfieldxX posted...

But I don't get why you make it sound like Amarant needs a race. He is a human, not an own race.

No no, maybe I worded my last post poorly, it was awfully late when I posted it. I don't think Amarant needs a race. Quite the opposite. I'm glad that he has no group.

I guess Amarant could be just a distinguished looking human. That would be cool actually. it adds to the mystery behind the character. Like why does he look so different? are there other people who look like him? FFIX is full of quirky characters, and I like that they don't explain everything. leaves it for us to talk about.
---
Call me Garfield.
#33kacavelikiPosted 12/16/2013 11:46:31 AM
Well if they explained amarant they would have to explain hippaul,doctor tot,baku and his crew,etc
#34PibugoPosted 12/16/2013 11:19:46 PM
kacaveliki posted...
Well if they explained amarant they would have to explain hippaul,doctor tot,baku and his crew,etc

I'm pretty sure they are already explained.
Gaia is affected by mist, which makes weird looking persons, and that is why there are so many humans that have unregular traits like Amarant's skin, Marcus's head etc., but not enough differences to make their own race (Burmecians, B. Mages etc.)
---
"Lazy bum." ~ Freya to Zidane
- Start your adventure: http://sieni.es/
#35kacavelikiPosted 12/19/2013 12:05:23 PM
Actually iirc thats in ultimania only,time restrictions meant that those things were excluded from the game itself