This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disc one money trick

#1itis41269Posted 11/28/2013 7:34:32 PM
I forgot the trick to making some quick money on the first disc

Something to do with buying things in dali then synthesis it with something else once i get to lindblum
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
PSN:whatitis4u
#2CalmlanderPosted 11/28/2013 7:41:07 PM
Buy Wrist in Dali and Steepled Hat in Lindblum, and later in Burmecia, mix them into Cotton Robes and sell them for a 60000 g. profit.

You can do it a few times during the first two discs but once you have the red chocobo in disc 3 you can do the trick endlessy.
---
FFIX - 12425 rope jumps - http://postimg.org/image/s3sf2htsb/
FFX - 100 goals in 1 Blitz League -http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#3VeghEstherPosted 11/29/2013 11:01:50 AM
Its OK to not start the trick besides its only a measily 60,000 in return I could make more then 60,000 by not doing to trick at all and just level 5 death Grand Dragons for all 99 exp levels while ONLY spending gil on 99 tents to restore MP for level 5 death.

But it costs less to buy the x 99 tents then I does to make all 99 cotton robes at once.
#4itis41269(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:41:13 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Its OK to not start the trick besides its only a measily 60,000 in return I could make more then 60,000 by not doing to trick at all and just level 5 death Grand Dragons for all 99 exp levels while ONLY spending gil on 99 tents to restore MP for level 5 death.

But it costs less to buy the x 99 tents then I does to make all 99 cotton robes at once.

In great detail please explain how i get level 5 death to kill grand dragons on disc one
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
PSN:whatitis4u
#5VeghEstherPosted 11/29/2013 8:15:13 PM
You don't but the dragons are still killable on disc 1 via 1 HP left + Limit glove as long as you can survive 2 full turns.

Its just that I won't do the cotton robe trick unless you can make ALL 99 robes at once IF at all and by the time you can do that and spend the 135,000 gil to make all 99 robes at once you should be already on disc 3 and have level 5 death usable.
#6face235Posted 11/30/2013 6:42:23 AM
*facepalm*

You make it sound so hard, but it's really piss-easy. All you need is to have more than 10,000 gil before reaching Dali. The easiest way to do that is to do the Noble Minigame perfectly, the second way is to beat up on Plant Spiders after killing the Plant Brain. Just stay on the first screen where they come after you endlessly. Also, you should be stealing lots of Potions with two thieves in the party. After about 20 minutes, you should have the gil required. They don't give much EXP either.

In Dali, buy 99 Wrists. You should still have money left, and a bunch of potions to sell if needed. You should have also gotten a modest profit from other enemies up to this point.

When you get to Lindblum and can move about the city, DON'T buy the maximum amount of Steepled Hats that you can buy, make sure you have at least 2,000 gil left over. Synth those robes and go back and sell them, buy more Steepled Hats until 2,000 gil remains again. Keep doing this until your totals of Wrists and Steepled hats are =.

Synth until your broke and sell those robes, and synth again till you can't anymore. Even after keeping two for ability learning purposes, you will still profit handsomely.

And, it's even easier to do in disc 2. You don't have to backtrack as much between the Synth shop and the weapon shop.

This strategy is almost perfect. It may not be doable on a Excalibur II run, though. But it's far less dangerous than trying to kill Grand Dragons on Disc one. It's doable, but what's the point? More levels and stuff, okay, but leveling up excessively is BAD without the proper equipment. You won't get as many Magic Stones needed for proper defense against status ailments and be able to use them for lots of other things.
---
"What the heck is a wife? Is that something you drink?" -GamersTavern
Official Golbez of the Zelda Social Board
#7VeghEstherPosted 11/30/2013 8:13:08 AM(edited)
Its not that its hard its that you only make a measily 60,000 in return when it costs like 135,000 to make all 99 cotton robes at once.

I could make MORE then the 60,000 by not making a single robe after buying 99 tents and using Level 5 death on a Grand Dragon only to use a Tent or 2 when Quina has no MP left and by the time I used all 99 tents I made more gil via gaining tons of levels while spending the only gil on the tents.

Which cost way less then 135,00 gil to buy all those tents.

So I'd rather make tons of gil without spending any of it on anything else but the 99 tents and by level 70 I had enough magic stones on the non mages to set all the anti status skills + auto life haste and regen and that's all I needed to never see Grand Cross be used in the final battle even once.
#8doubtkiller25Posted 11/30/2013 9:44:46 AM
Ah, classic: Vegh logic states it's better to spend the extra half hour or so battling Grand Dragons (which only drop ~3000 gil per battle) than it is to take 5 minutes to do the Cotton Robe trick. If you want a fast moneymaking scheme, the CR trick is it, no exception. Even if you don't have the dreaded (dreaded by Vegh anyway) 135000, you don't need it. You can walk in with 10 or 20000 gil, buy a smattering of wrists and steepled hats, synth, sell and repeat: you'll end up with more gil than you started with and therefor more gil to do the trick with! No matter how you look at it, in the time it takes to finish off a couple Grand Dragons you've made ten times the profit. Just so you know, TC :)

It also doesn't get mentioned *too* much (although it's fairly well-known, I think) but the best time to do the CR trick consistently is around Disk 3. There are other places to get the steepled hat here that don't involve annoying battles and several screens (BM Village, maybe the Summit Station if you can return there on Disk 3, don't remember) so it's slightly faster to do it here than on Disk 4, where Burmecia is the only place you can get more steepled hats.
#9face235Posted 11/30/2013 11:10:36 AM
Exactly, what Vegh says to do, always be sure and do the opposite.
---
"What the heck is a wife? Is that something you drink?" -GamersTavern
Official Golbez of the Zelda Social Board
#10peedeejayPosted 11/30/2013 12:12:56 PM
face235 posted...
*facepalm*

You make it sound so hard, but it's really piss-easy. All you need is to have more than 10,000 gil before reaching Dali. The easiest way to do that is to do the Noble Minigame perfectly, the second way is to beat up on Plant Spiders after killing the Plant Brain. Just stay on the first screen where they come after you endlessly. Also, you should be stealing lots of Potions with two thieves in the party. After about 20 minutes, you should have the gil required. They don't give much EXP either.

You don't even need to grind Plant Spiders. You pick up and steal more than enough items (like ethers) along the way to just sell them in Dali to get enough money.