This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

More Freya awesomeness (Early Maximum Spirit without penalty)

#1CalmlanderPosted 11/29/2013 2:46:50 PM
Spirit is the most important stat in FF 9, the higher the spirit is, the best, it affect many, many things, not only the resistance against magic. So is wise level up the less as posible to wait till the best gear is available, (the gear with most spirit bonus) in CD 4.
That is right, ok? There is one exception: Freya. Freya can have all his best spirit boost gear at Alexandra in disc 3. (Before Tantarian). Here:

Barbut - Spirit +2 (Burmecia CD 1)
Mythril Gloves - Spirit +1 (Burmecia CD 1)
Plate Mail - Spirit +1 (Alexandria CD 3)
Pearl Rouge - Spirit +4 Magic +2 (Treno Auction House CD2)

Ok, technically, there is one armor with best stat boost

Carabini Mail - Speed +1, Spirit +1 (Pandemonium)

But its spirit is the same, it only give 1 point of speed, and speed in this game is useless, specially with auto haste.

The point is, even in a low level game, or semi low level game, the player can level up Freya as early as s/he gets the Blue Narciss to reach her maximum spirit (50) without penalty. That means in the Desert Palace the party level could be 7, except a level 72 Freya, for example.

(Probably someone noticed that before me, but i found it amusing)
---
FFIX - 12425 rope jumps - http://postimg.org/image/s3sf2htsb/
FFX - 100 goals in 1 Blitz League -http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#2elusivePosted 11/29/2013 3:55:38 PM
Spirit is the most important stat in FF 9, the higher the spirit is, the best, it affect many, many things, not only the resistance against magic.

Lol you straight up Valentine's Day Massacred that sentence with the Coma Gun :) Like reading text in FFT

Thanxs for the info though!
#3terran3999999Posted 11/30/2013 9:22:56 AM
not only the resistance against magic
This is false. Spirit does a lot of things but magic defense is not one of them, that's based solely on the magic defense your equipments provide and whether the magic attack is elemental and if you have resistant/immunity to it or not.

So is wise level up the less as posible to wait till the best gear is available
Spirit is important but you seem to be forgetting about the other three stats. The purpose of a low level/level one run is to raise ALL of the stats to their highest/max potential.

Honestly, it feels like you know nothing about the topic but felt the need to comment on it.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#4Calmlander(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:41:11 AM
With high spirit and auto-regen you don't need to worry about almost anything, no matter if the other stats are higher or lower.

I must admit is boring as hell playing this way, so probably i won't do it again.
---
FFIX - 12425 rope jumps - http://postimg.org/image/s3sf2htsb/
FFX - 100 goals in 1 Blitz League -http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#5PibugoPosted 11/30/2013 5:37:48 PM
terran3999999 posted...
not only the resistance against magic
This is false. Spirit does a lot of things but magic defense is not one of them, that's based solely on the magic defense your equipments provide and whether the magic attack is elemental and if you have resistant/immunity to it or not.

So is wise level up the less as posible to wait till the best gear is available
Spirit is important but you seem to be forgetting about the other three stats. The purpose of a low level/level one run is to raise ALL of the stats to their highest/max potential.

Honestly, it feels like you know nothing about the topic but felt the need to comment on it.

I think he meant not only magic def as in reference to other FF games where it does function only to increase M. Def.

Also, I don't see anywhere it saying you must raise all stats. It's up to an individuals preference, I could use only Magic increasing stuff on Amarant till he hits 99 and call it a level one stat maxing run.
---
"Lazy bum." ~ Freya to Zidane