This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Card arrows arrangement E2PG related

#11Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 10:51:05 AM
http://www.mathsisfun.com/combinatorics/combinations-permutations-calculator.html

Hey'all, I've found this. If I name each of the 8 spots were an arrow can be, I think I can use this program to my favor.

Ex:

H__A__B
|............|
|............|
G.........C
|............|
|............|
F__E__D
---
Sephiroth kills a lady and white materia drops to the floor. But when Cloud mows the lawn, it's brown materia that drops.
#12PibugoPosted 12/19/2013 10:55:10 AM
Cicatriz_ESP posted...
TL;DR: Try to obtain Namingway, Blue Narciss and Red Rose with 6 arrows each, and Cargo/Theater Ship and the Hilda Gardes with 5 arrows each.

So where exactly do you obtain these and how far is the save point and/or how difficult it is to get there?
The only one I know (or remember, I should say) is Namingway, and iirc, you have to fight the boss of Desert Palace, then go through that paaaaainfull road without encounters every time you don't get 6 arrows.
---
"Lazy bum." ~ Freya to Zidane
- Start your adventure: http://sieni.es/
#13Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:04:06 AM
All of the missable ship cards can be obtained from the 4-armed man at Daguerreo. Not too difficult.

The Namingway card can be obtained from the dungeon you mentioned (there's a convenient save moogle not tooooo far) and then there's the card tournament in Treno during a special-missable event.
---
Sephiroth kills a lady and white materia drops to the floor. But when Cloud mows the lawn, it's brown materia that drops.
#14Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 11:11:53 AM
Here it is: number each of the spots in clockwise or counterclockwise manner starting from where you want and you'll have yourself a solid pattern to follow should you wish to have a specif arrow arrangement for EACH card - OR, if you're only worried about the 7 cards with limited availability, keep note of their order in the sequence.

4 arrows:

7 first: {a,b,c,d} {a,b,c,e} {a,b,c,f} {a,b,c,g} {a,b,c,h} {a,b,d,e} {a,b,d,f}
7 last:{c,e,g,h} {c,f,g,h} {d,e,f,g} {d,e,f,h} {d,e,g,h} {d,f,g,h} {e,f,g,h}

5 arrows:

{a,b,c,d,e} {a,b,c,d,f} {a,b,c,d,g} {a,b,c,d,h} {a,b,c,e,f} {a,b,c,e,g} {a,b,c,e,h} {a,b,c,f,g} {a,b,c,f,h} {a,b,c,g,h} {a,b,d,e,f} {a,b,d,e,g} {a,b,d,e,h} {a,b,d,f,g} {a,b,d,f,h} {a,b,d,g,h} {a,b,e,f,g} {a,b,e,f,h} {a,b,e,g,h} {a,b,f,g,h} {a,c,d,e,f} {a,c,d,e,g} {a,c,d,e,h} {a,c,d,f,g} {a,c,d,f,h} {a,c,d,g,h} {a,c,e,f,g} {a,c,e,f,h} {a,c,e,g,h} {a,c,f,g,h} {a,d,e,f,g} {a,d,e,f,h} {a,d,e,g,h} {a,d,f,g,h} {a,e,f,g,h} {b,c,d,e,f} {b,c,d,e,g} {b,c,d,e,h} {b,c,d,f,g} {b,c,d,f,h} {b,c,d,g,h} {b,c,e,f,g} {b,c,e,f,h} {b,c,e,g,h} {b,c,f,g,h} {b,d,e,f,g} {b,d,e,f,h} {b,d,e,g,h} {b,d,f,g,h} {b,e,f,g,h} {c,d,e,f,g} {c,d,e,f,h} {c,d,e,g,h} {c,d,f,g,h} {c,e,f,g,h} {d,e,f,g,h}

6 arrows:

{a,b,c,d,e,f} {a,b,c,d,e,g} {a,b,c,d,e,h} {a,b,c,d,f,g} {a,b,c,d,f,h} {a,b,c,d,g,h} {a,b,c,e,f,g} {a,b,c,e,f,h} {a,b,c,e,g,h} {a,b,c,f,g,h} {a,b,d,e,f,g} {a,b,d,e,f,h} {a,b,d,e,g,h} {a,b,d,f,g,h} {a,b,e,f,g,h} {a,c,d,e,f,g} {a,c,d,e,f,h} {a,c,d,e,g,h} {a,c,d,f,g,h} {a,c,e,f,g,h} {a,d,e,f,g,h} {b,c,d,e,f,g} {b,c,d,e,f,h} {b,c,d,e,g,h} {b,c,d,f,g,h} {b,c,e,f,g,h} {b,d,e,f,g,h} {c,d,e,f,g,h}

7 arrows:

{a,b,c,d,e,f,g} {a,b,c,d,e,f,h} {a,b,c,d,e,g,h} {a,b,c,d,f,g,h} {a,b,c,e,f,g,h} {a,b,d,e,f,g,h} {a,c,d,e,f,g,h} {b,c,d,e,f,g,h}

8 arrows:

{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h}
---
#15Atomos199Posted 12/19/2013 1:40:05 PM
How would you say the special arrowless card fits into this? I've always been a fan of that one because at least in theory, you can win an X-rank arrowless and therefore have max Collector's Pts possible without triggering the glitch (1699) as well as a unique kind of card in your inventory at the same time.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#16Atomos199Posted 12/19/2013 1:40:58 PM
Of course the probability of winning an X-rank arrowless is astronomically low, but perfection is perfection LOL.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#17Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 3:23:46 AM
Hi Mr Atomos.

Mr Moogles (and now mine) approaches aim to have the maximum combined number of arrows and in that sense it can be considered 'perfect' because it's consistent all around. I do realize that having a arrowless 'X' card is quite a feat, and a rather elegant way to avoid the 1700 cpts glitch. That being considered, you could reserve the card placed lowest in our ranking - which would be Frog - to have 0 arrows.

Additionally, while you are at that, you can pick the next 3 cards ranked higher to have, respectivelly, 1, 2 and 3 arrows. That way you have at least one card with each number of arrows and the rest having the maximum combined number of arrows.

Chocobo> 3 arrows
Mog ----> 2 arrows
Goblin -> 1 arrow
Frog ---> arrowless

The rest of the list continues the same, for a combined total of 530 arrows.
---
#18Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 3:34:19 AM
Now I'd like to ask Mr Atomos, how much space - if any - can we dedicate to the chart, list and statement about this subject? Could you help me with formatting and how to properly articulate my ideas, since I'm not a native English speaker? I may leave the task of writing the explanation up to you.
---
#19Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 3:59:31 AM
Hi again, Mr Atomos,

I've messed around with that tool I've linked to previously, and I've changed the letters to cardinal points, so that should make it even easier for the FAQ users to use it. It also makes the decision about where to start counting from, and in which direction, quite intuitive and less arbitrary. Here's an example of how this particular section could appear on the FAQ.

Please note that the number listed before each combination refers to the position of the card on the overall card ranking (all 100 cards).

Possible combinations with 7 arrows (8 total):

#2{N,Ne,E,Se,S,Sw,W} ; #3{N,Ne,E,Se,S,Sw,Nw} ; #4{N,Ne,E,Se,S,W,Nw} ; #5{N,Ne,E,Se,Sw,W,Nw} ; #6{N,Ne,E,S,Sw,W,Nw} ; #7{N,Ne,Se,S,Sw,W,Nw} ; #8{N,E,Se,S,Sw,W,Nw} ; #9{Ne,E,Se,S,Sw,W,Nw}

Possible combinations with 6 arrows:

---
#20Cicatriz_ESP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 8:18:25 AM
Namingway

x---O---O
|.............|
|.............|
O..........O
|.............|
|.............|
O---O---x

Blue Narciss:

O---O---O
|.............|
|.............|
O..........x
|.............|
|.............|
x---O---O

Red Rose:

O---O---O
|.............|
|.............|
O..........x
|.............|
|.............|
O---x---O

Hilda Garde 1:

x---O---O
|.............|
|.............|
O..........x
|.............|
|.............|
O---x---O

Hilda Garde 3:

O---O---O
|.............|
|.............|
x............x
|.............|
|.............|
O---x---O

Theater Ship:

x---O---x
|.............|
|.............|
x...........O
|.............|
|.............|
O---O---O

Cargo Ship:

O---O---x
|.............|
|.............|
x...........O
|.............|
|.............|
x---O---O
---