This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Max stats question, which stat least important for each character?

#1easytoremember8Posted 12/9/2013 4:48:03 PM
At disc 3 where I first get access to daguerro. Want to start power levelling some characters because the whole point of levelling for me is to smash some enemies faces in. Don't really want to wait too much longer to get literally ALL the best equipment. I have MOST of it, but not going to wait til disc 4 for power wrist.

Anyway, I was inclined to follow "author's best choices" in the FAQ but was just wondering, for each chararacter, which stat is the most useless so I know which one I can compromise on the most?
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#2wpotPosted 12/9/2013 5:06:18 PM
One word:

Speed. As I'm sure you've noticed, the rate that the ATB bar fills up is irrelevant. Thievery is easily maxed regardless of Zidane's speed. Speed has a (rather small) effect on Dagger's racket damage for some reason, but I'd still rather raise her strength (as it comes with HP and has just as much effect on the racket damage). Speed doesn't do anything else.

You could argue magic power is less important than speed for the physical characters as it only provides them MP. That being said, they all have at least a couple MP-heavy moves so, in the end, it's still slightly better than Speed which really does nothing in practice.
---
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
#3easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 5:13:01 PM
Ahh good call. Those enemies fill up crazy fast anyway. Which characters in particular have almost no use for magic?

Zidane, steiner, amarant, freya?
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#4VeghEstherPosted 12/9/2013 5:55:50 PM(edited)
Correct those 4 don't need a higher magic attack stat just higher MP especially to abuse Shock for Steiner but if Steiner goes into the final dungeon at full MP by the time shock can't be used the current boss will already be dead.

Because I would use Thrown Weapons and Dragons Crest also for a easy 9999 damage per turn.

As for Thievery and Frog drop I barely got 3000 and 1500 damage via the 2 moves to use even for the final boss hence I didn't bother to use Thievery or take Quina to the final dungeon.
#5easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 6:21:27 PM
Does magic affect any damage or healing from those characters? chakra, white wind, anything? Or is it purely for MP for all of them.
---
Masters Protoss
#6wpotPosted 12/9/2013 6:34:28 PM
It is purely MP for all of them IIRC; I don't think any of them have moves which are MAG dependent, I believe Atomos' Perfect Game FAQ had a section on this, should you be interested to read it.
---
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
#7ertfertPosted 12/9/2013 8:21:12 PM
easytoremember8 posted...
Ahh good call. Those enemies fill up crazy fast anyway. Which characters in particular have almost no use for magic?

Zidane, steiner, amarant, freya?

Its only MP for the 4 of them, if youre wondering if you want Magic or Speed for any of them, because of the gear available, its not much of an issue
Steiner and Freya's gear is pretty much all Str/Mag combinations and speed doesnt even come up for their best gear

Amarant, id say just use the recommended guide, he has the worst stat maxing gear of all, so its not really feasible to gain speed without sacrificing some strength or spirit

Zidane is the only real debate and the only character I give a bit of speed to
None of his spells use Magic and the only MP cost spell youll use is Thievery at 8 MP
So I equip the Orichalcon over the Masamune, even if it is 3 speed vs 6 magic, Zidane never runs out of MP anyway, so id rather have the miniscule difference of his ATB filling faster
#8easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:16:05 AM
Any recommendations for dagger? If I follow the best choices as close as I can,do I have to be worried and watch out for maxing spirit too fast? If i put too many points there, aren't they wasted past 50? Or will I probably not reach there anyway.
---
Masters Protoss
#9VeghEstherPosted 12/10/2013 10:26:25 AM(edited)
I only had Thievery barely top 3000 at the end of the game so I still used the Masamune and still did more then 3000 per fight command.

As for White Wind it kind of sucks in this one in FF5 onwards save for FF9 it can restore up to 9999 HP, but if Quina has 9999 HP it would only restore 1/4th as that HP so it would only restore up to 2500 max HP per use in FF9 which is why it sucks.

But its still better then using Curaga to restore HP.

But if you can absorb Doomsday final dungeon only just use that to restore HP and cause its targets to lose 6000 to 9999 per casting at the same time.

Dagger/Eiko I never use end of game but max magic stats is all they really need.
#10ertfertPosted 12/10/2013 1:29:57 PM
easytoremember8 posted...
Any recommendations for dagger? If I follow the best choices as close as I can,do I have to be worried and watch out for maxing spirit too fast? If i put too many points there, aren't they wasted past 50? Or will I probably not reach there anyway.

The ExIIPG guide uses a setup that focuses on getting 50 spirit, then combined stats
if thats what you want, then go for it
otherwise, just do the calculations if you want something else

if by "best choices" you mean gear that has the most combined stats (like the Pearl Rouge) and use those for all 98 levels, then yes, you would go quite a ways over 50 and waste a fair amount of stats