This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can initiative rate be increased? does yan counter of float do anything?

#1easytoremember8Posted 12/25/2013 3:56:53 AM(edited)
Topic...couple questions I had been meaning to ask for a while.

1)I've been wrong in reading the battle mechanics before, initiative raises pre strike to 85/265 or so, can that be increase?

2) why DOES yan counter with float. Just to show the player we were lucky it wasn't snort? I thought when I was younger that auto float made comet more likely to hit or something. Does auto float do anything aside from make us immune to earth damage?

3) Regarding max stats, do I need to do anything specific to max magic stones? Or will that happen naturally as long as I get the party member at the lowest possible level. FAQ seemed unclear.
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#2tlodgamerPosted 12/25/2013 6:25:53 AM
I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. Not that I know of. I believe that the percentage stays the same, no matter what you do.

2. Besides making the characters immune to earth damage, auto float also increases damage from wind type attacks. Yans have an attack called Aera, which is wind elemental. If Yans use float on a character and then later follow up with Aera on that same character, they take greater damage from Aera than usual.

3. I never heard of doing anything specific to max magic stones. I believe that this happens naturally, and that you get the most stones if you level the characters up from level 1. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps.
#3ertfertPosted 12/25/2013 8:00:46 AM
as long as youre level 1 when you start leveling, Magic Stones will reach its absolute max at level 99
unless you leveled Marcus though, which would give you more Magic Stones for Eiko
#4VeghEstherPosted 12/25/2013 9:15:12 AM(edited)
I'm not that lucky I had Yans use Comet not float after inputting it Night + Odin only to kill the entire party at level 70 with full HP before both went into effect.

But yes float counters make you immune to earth damage which against Yans is pointless since it doesn't even use earth magic.

Well at level 70 for Zidane Freya Amarant and Steiner my final 4 party members I'd only use I had their stone points at only 69 to 70 so at level 99 odds are they won't have 99 points to spend.

Which is OK 69 points is enough to null most of grand crosses effects while setting auto life haste an regen all at once and that's all you really need to have set to attempt to beat it without ever seeing GC being used at all.
#5easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 1:57:35 PM
the yans on that island use aera? interesting, it says so in the FAQ

has anyone actually ever had them use aera? I've fought hundreds of them so far and they've never used aera on me.
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#6monkeyslingerPosted 12/25/2013 2:29:04 PM
I have seen it, but it seems they only use it as a counter when their target is already floating.
---
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/
#7easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 3:18:21 PM
regarding the extra damage from wind type attacks/spells, is this mentioned anywhere? don't seem to see it on the battle mechanics faq
---
Masters Protoss
#8tlodgamerPosted 12/26/2013 11:14:45 AM
easytoremember8 posted...
regarding the extra damage from wind type attacks/spells, is this mentioned anywhere? don't seem to see it on the battle mechanics faq

I saw that little piece of information in Shotgunnova’s walkthrough. It is located in the “Status Abnormalities” section of his guide. He doesn’t go into a lot of detail about it, though.
#9VeghEstherPosted 12/26/2013 12:14:22 PM
As for Aera no I had the Yans use Comet more then half of the time and before Night and Odin went into effect while never having Comet miss an have it do over 5000+ damage 100% of the time.
#10easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 5:24:47 PM
really vegh? tell me more
---
Masters Protoss