This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you get a treasure point even if you are unable to pick it?

#1AsimLeonheartPosted 12/28/2013 1:50:01 PM
I have been unable to pick up a few treasures because my inventory for that item or card is full. Do I still get the treasure point for the Rank S medal? Thanks.
#2VeghEstherPosted 12/28/2013 1:57:55 PM
It should be possible to hit rank S without ever opening every chest in game as long as you opened at least 90% of the chests that is.
#3AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 2:13:11 PM
VeghEsther posted...
It should be possible to hit rank S without ever opening every chest in game as long as you opened at least 90% of the chests that is.

Yeah, but I am worried about missing several exclamation marks because I do not have the space for more than 100 cards, potions, high potions or other items. Should I try to make some space and pick up the item or is checking the exclamation mark enough to receive the point.
#4VeghEstherPosted 12/29/2013 11:13:25 AM
I believe the points only count if you can open the chest and keep what's inside the chest but still selling cards if you own 100 of them still isn't needed you just need to open 90% of all the games chests for a S rank.
#5Vir27Posted 12/29/2013 11:24:02 AM
It's a good question. I don't know and don't expect most anyone else would. Vegh is doing as well answering as might anybody. Good topic.
#6WindMouseHanpanPosted 1/8/2014 11:56:41 PM
I always wondered, does finding CH&C treasures, as well as ocean treasures (the bubbly spots where you use a dead pepper) count towards your treasure rank? What about random items just littered around, not in chests?
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#7monkeyslingerPosted 1/9/2014 7:45:48 AM
^ yes, yes, and yes
---
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/
#8Revival_FlamePosted 1/9/2014 7:51:51 AM
You have to pick up the item to get the point towards your treasure rank.

Chocograph treasures, dive spots and mountain cracks do count towards your treasure rank as does items not in chests you find in the area.
---
Never assume anything,
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
#9loselessPosted 1/9/2014 9:43:41 AM
A master player can get rank S before even Ipsen's Castle. So don't worry. You can miss quite a few treasures and still get it. Chocographs and spots are the most important ones. As well as key items, I suppose.