This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

E2PG: Deathguise (spoilers)

#1PibugoPosted 1/26/2014 11:55:52 AM
So I've stumbled upon a double sided sword after fiiiinally completing Pandemonium (and that You're Not Alone scene is probably ruined forever, so much for that part of the game...) and I read that the "Version X" assumes you do the Nero family sidequest so that you have to kill Tahark.. I'm sorry, Deathguise.

However, I want to keep Deathguise alive, because... well, I guess I shouldn't mention it's part of the ending, Kuja has quite the speech before killing it and it fits well with the 2 other battles so I consider that more important than the Duel Claws you can steal from it.
Besides, I will be keeping Ozma alive as well.

Really my questions then are, how much do you lose if you pay 1 extra visit to Lindblum and what do you consider more important?
I got (approximately) 14 minutes spare time, so I'm not sure if I can do it.
Any help?
---
If something is frustrating, then it's hard.
There's no "it's not hard to do, it's just frustrating" in that case it's hard to do due to frustration.
#2Atomos199Posted 1/26/2014 12:42:29 PM
14 minutes should be enough, just return at the earliest possible trigger not used in the guide to minimize travel time.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#3Pibugo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 2:51:48 PM
Thanks, great to know!

That'd be the flashback of Alexander, and then when I return to Lindblum after each Memoria event, I should be done after stepping into Crystal World and Deathguise will be unharmed.
Just saying this to note to myself, but do correct me if I got something wrong.

Actually, now that I think of it, no I don't have 14 minutes, more like 11:38 (I forgot I am 17% behind...), but that should still be enough, and I was considering re-doing Pandemonium (not the forced battles, just the dungeon), because I got 3 encounters instead of 2, but I wasn't bothered to reset since the last one came within literally few steps so... RNG, derp, I guess.
Anyway, that could save some time.
---
There's no "it's not hard to do, it's just frustrating" in that case it's hard to do due to frustration.
#4Atomos199Posted 1/26/2014 3:13:05 PM
well to be safe keep an extra file just in case the time becomes too tight so you can reload.
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#5kacavelikiPosted 1/27/2014 6:45:17 PM
How do you keep deathguise alive? :O
#6Pibugo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 10:57:23 PM
kacaveliki posted...
How do you keep deathguise alive? :O

It shouldn't be any harder than simply not fighting it..? _
---
#7kacavelikiPosted 1/28/2014 10:09:02 AM
Wait wait how do you not fight it? It engages me automatically before kuja
#8Pibugo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 1:00:50 PM
I didn't realize this on my first playthrough, either. After winning the Deathguise fight, you can actually run backwards a bit and teleport back to Crystal World. Next time you go there, it goes straight to the fight against Kuja.
---
#9kacavelikiPosted 1/31/2014 2:27:04 PM
But you still have to fight and kill him before you can go back,yes? I'm sorry I just don't understand xD