E2PG: Deathguise (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. E2PG: Deathguise (spoilers)
3 years ago#1
So I've stumbled upon a double sided sword after fiiiinally completing Pandemonium (and that You're Not Alone scene is probably ruined forever, so much for that part of the game...) and I read that the "Version X" assumes you do the Nero family sidequest so that you have to kill Tahark.. I'm sorry, Deathguise.

However, I want to keep Deathguise alive, because... well, I guess I shouldn't mention it's part of the ending, Kuja has quite the speech before killing it and it fits well with the 2 other battles so I consider that more important than the Duel Claws you can steal from it.
Besides, I will be keeping Ozma alive as well.

Really my questions then are, how much do you lose if you pay 1 extra visit to Lindblum and what do you consider more important?
I got (approximately) 14 minutes spare time, so I'm not sure if I can do it.
Any help?
If something is frustrating, then it's hard.
There's no "it's not hard to do, it's just frustrating" in that case it's hard to do due to frustration.
3 years ago#2
14 minutes should be enough, just return at the earliest possible trigger not used in the guide to minimize travel time.
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
3 years ago#3
Thanks, great to know!

That'd be the flashback of Alexander, and then when I return to Lindblum after each Memoria event, I should be done after stepping into Crystal World and Deathguise will be unharmed.
Just saying this to note to myself, but do correct me if I got something wrong.

Actually, now that I think of it, no I don't have 14 minutes, more like 11:38 (I forgot I am 17% behind...), but that should still be enough, and I was considering re-doing Pandemonium (not the forced battles, just the dungeon), because I got 3 encounters instead of 2, but I wasn't bothered to reset since the last one came within literally few steps so... RNG, derp, I guess.
Anyway, that could save some time.
There's no "it's not hard to do, it's just frustrating" in that case it's hard to do due to frustration.
3 years ago#4
well to be safe keep an extra file just in case the time becomes too tight so you can reload.
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
3 years ago#5
How do you keep deathguise alive? :O
3 years ago#6
kacaveliki posted...
How do you keep deathguise alive? :O

It shouldn't be any harder than simply not fighting it..? _
3 years ago#7
Wait wait how do you not fight it? It engages me automatically before kuja
3 years ago#8
I didn't realize this on my first playthrough, either. After winning the Deathguise fight, you can actually run backwards a bit and teleport back to Crystal World. Next time you go there, it goes straight to the fight against Kuja.
3 years ago#9
But you still have to fight and kill him before you can go back,yes? I'm sorry I just don't understand xD
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. E2PG: Deathguise (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived