This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now lets compare fanbases of FF games k

#51peedeejayPosted 2/4/2014 11:39:50 PM
Given the direction this thread has taken, I think it's best to let the thread die.
#52LionHeart48Posted 2/5/2014 12:08:24 AM
peedeejay posted...
Given the direction this thread has taken, I think it's best to let the thread die.

Your right, TC hasn't posted since 3 pages ago, i just knew this was gonna be a troll topic, im done with this thread, it should be buried.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#53KoopaBoopPosted 2/5/2014 1:23:00 AM
Ugh, I'm done here. You obviously can't handle reading comprehension and I don't feel like explaining the obvious to you...

You called someone a pedophile for requesting a video of YOU laughing. Can you not put 1 and 1 together here to make 2? If they're a pedophile for viewing a video of you laughing and getting aroused to it... Would that not make you a child and the viewer an adult?

Seriously!

Do you know what the word pedophile means? Can you comprehend what I am saying now? Do you understand the implication you made? Ugh. -_-;
---
0962 9849 6963 - 3DS FC
#54LionHeart48Posted 2/5/2014 1:26:50 AM
KoopaBoop posted...
Ugh, I'm done here. You obviously can't handle reading comprehension and I don't feel like explaining the obvious to you...

You called someone a pedophile for requesting a video of YOU laughing. Can you not put 1 and 1 together here to make 2? If they're a pedophile for viewing a video of you laughing and getting aroused to it... Would that not make you a child and the viewer an adult?

Seriously!

Do you know what the word pedophile means? Can you comprehend what I am saying now? Do you understand the implication you made? Ugh. -_-;

Can we just end it already? This whole topic is stupid, call it a truce and let's forget about this.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#55Sedated Cricket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 4:15:39 PM(edited)
Flare_Dragon123 posted...
Good lord, do you understand the levels of ignorance you're exhibiting by implying that FFX in some way encourages religion? Nothing about your statement shows that you have completed the entire game and realized how much of a critique of religious beliefs that game is. Shoe-horned in to a story you evidently did not complete, and therefore cannot judge.

So explain to me exactly where in my post I suggest that X encourages religion. I am non religious, the game being a critique of religious belief doesn't suddenly make all the mushy religious overtones in the game more bearable or enjoyable. Like I said the first time, religious content in a video game good or bad is going to come off as being pretentious to create dramatic effect to ppl like me who are non religious hence my shoe horned analagy. I shouldnt have to explain what is merely my own opinion to you and the fact that I did speaks only to the levels of ignorance you exhibited for horribly misinterpreting my post into thinking I said the game encourages religion. Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Let me know.

While hearing the argument that graphics = a better game is something that I do believe deserves to be ridiculed, and all of those kids should have moved on to FFXIII by now, its also equally reprehensible to see you take one piece of a multi-layered argument and decry an entire fanbase based on this one argument.

Thats great but apparently you missed the part where I mention other things about VIII fans that annoy me in the very same post. Something about triple triad if I'm not mistaken or are you really that blind? It is reprehensible you would cherry pick that one point and then accuse me of decrying an entire fanbase based on that one point as you neglect to acknowledge the rest of the points I made. Tell me, when you go for crap do you let the poo out first and then the pee after? Or do you push them both out at the same time to get it over with faster. Let me know.

When I see people like you I weep. FF fans are a dying breed because of one reason, little Hitlers of the world like you who take love dedication and opinion and use them to seperate us into little camps of hatred. If you want to hold up the canon of old school Final Fantasy what you should be doing is picking the best opinions of each game and presenting them as arguments for why these classics should never be forgotten, instead you minimize opinions that are not your own and lessen the impact of those opinions because of your bigotry.

I made this topic as a place for everyone to feel okay about sharing their opinions about FF fanbases whether they be good or bad because after all they are only opinions and we are all entitled to them. Why do you feel so threatened by them? Why are you so insecure that you can't leave other ppls opinions alone just because they dont align with your own? I made this topic at the IX board thinking our fanbase was the most receptive and understanding of all FF audiences but apparently you are making a very loud and arrogant exception out of yourself. And then you have the nerve to speak to me about bigotry. You my friend are exactly why we have a problem. See what I did there? The whole rest of your post was absolute drivel. Pull your head out of your ass before you let me see you post like that again at this board. Just embarrassing.
---
just play the game... worry about your sanity afterwards ~riddlebox89
#56KoopaBoopPosted 2/10/2014 1:59:54 AM(edited)
Sedated Cricket posted...

So explain to me exactly where in my post I suggest that X encourages religion. I am non religious, the game being a critique of religious belief doesn't suddenly make all the mushy religious overtones in the game more bearable or enjoyable. Like I said the first time, religious content in a video game good or bad is going to come off as being pretentious to create dramatic effect to ppl like me who are non religious hence my shoe horned analagy. I shouldnt have to explain what is merely my own opinion to you and the fact that I did speaks only to the levels of ignorance you exhibited for horribly misinterpreting my post into thinking I said the game encourages religion. Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Let me know.

What? Everything you state is pure opinion. Everything we all post is; in a message board made up of opinions of others and your want to compare fanbases of a series... I think it's justified that you're expected to EXPLAIN your opinion to be taken seriously. Whether you believe so or not. Anyways...

Religious overtones coming off as... "pretentious?" That doesn't even make -sense-. You're obviously comparing a made up religion in a game to a single religion in the real world when in fact there are many. It's not -pretentious- at all(I still don't get why you used that word). I don't even like FFX that much but your arguments are just silly and they clearly give light to your perspective. In all honesty... Who gives a crap? The story is actually mostly political in the way the setting of Spira is; a world in which religion and politics is entwined completely. I think it's take is very interesting and not the least bit -pretentious.-

Also I think it's funny you go on to to debate whether you implied the plot encourages religion or not and then dive right into just stating it does and what it means by doing it.
---
0962 9849 6963 - 3DS FC
Eiko: "He's really ticking me off! Can I kill him?"
#57Demonic_EssencePosted 2/10/2014 1:23:28 PM
.......WTF is going on here?

All the FF games are great, some people just don't like certain things. I love 1-5, 7-13 6 is kind of a meh game for me. Why? Its fanbase played it up to be such a epic game that makes the others look like s*** that it was a total let down, its all recycled content with like 4 new things.
---
From this point on, all you opinions will be rejected!
#58KoopaBoopPosted 2/10/2014 9:26:10 PM
Demonic_Essence posted...

All the FF games are great, some people just don't like certain things. I love 1-5, 7-13 6 is kind of a meh game for me. Why? Its fanbase played it up to be such a epic game that makes the others look like s*** that it was a total let down, its all recycled content with like 4 new things.

What is going in is a lot of people getting offended(like you) for no reason; really. It's just a discussion. Dunno why you act all surprised, say all the FF games are great... Then criticize FFVI -and- it's fanbase! Lol.
---
0962 9849 6963 - 3DS FC
Eiko: "He's really ticking me off! Can I kill him?"
#59Demonic_EssencePosted 2/10/2014 10:40:13 PM
KoopaBoop posted...
Demonic_Essence posted...

What is going in is a lot of people getting offended(like you) for no reason; really. It's just a discussion. Dunno why you act all surprised, say all the FF games are great... Then criticize FFVI -and- it's fanbase! Lol.

I was talking about the 15 or so post about people talking about being pedophiles and stuff I can accept a opinion on a game but all of that is beyond WTF......surprise those post haven't gotten modded yet.

Also I think you read to much into my post, I only criticize the pedestal its on. Its still a pretty ok game, lol
---
From this point on, all you opinions will be rejected!
#60Sedated Cricket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:14:52 PM
so you go from

KoopaBoop posted...
What? Everything you state is pure opinion.

to

KoopaBoop posted...
Religious overtones coming off as... "pretentious?" That doesn't even make -sense-.

How can you acknowledge me having what is strictly an opinion and then criticize me when you don't understand me for what is as you said strictly my own opinion. I already tried to explain but if you still cannot understand it then that is not my problem.

Comprehension is not a requisite for another person to still be entitled to a given opinion.

Next.

KoopaBoop posted...
You're obviously comparing a made up religion in a game to a single religion in the real world when in fact there are many. It's not -pretentious- at all(I still don't get why you used that word).

You are obviously unaware that many aspects of the games religion borrows heavily from an assortment of real world religions but why would you know or care about that when you openly express a dislike for the game. And so obviously you are not going to understand why I "use that word."

The Yevon church draws heavy inspiration from real-world religions, such as Shintoism (practices and temples), Buddhism (iconography and ritualistic disciplines), and Catholicism (hierarchical structure and rigid doctrine).

as quoted directly from the wiki page:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yevon

Next.

KoopaBoop posted...
Also I think it's funny you go on to to debate whether you implied the plot encourages religion or not and then dive right into just stating it does and what it means by doing it.

So you are stooping as low as Flare Dragon at this point. Allow me to try and dumb it down for both of you as much as I can. You are overanalyzing my "religion for breakfast" comment. I never said the game encourages religion. I was simply expressing a dislike for the amount of religious content the game portrays throughout.

Remind me again how an opinion you cannot understand is supposed to make sense to you.

Next.
---
just play the game... worry about your sanity afterwards ~riddlebox89