This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now lets compare fanbases of FF games k

#61Sedated Cricket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:18:34 PM
KoopaBoop posted...
What is going in is a lot of people getting offended(like you) for no reason; really.

So a person returns to a topic that has since fallen into disarray, says wtf, and you translate that into thinking it means he is offended? Are you Flare Dragon's multi or something? Why do you continue to make irrational conclusions based on information that should already be abundantly clear?

Demonic_Essence posted...
All the FF games are great, some people just don't like certain things.

Exactly my point. Thank you for posting D_E. Such a simple concept is evidently beyond the grasp of certain individuals. A shame really. I expected better of this board. However, that is not to say there aren't others who are able to contribute to the topic in a meaningful way. I grow tired of all this useless banter with indignant little nerds who insist on arguing over trivial semantics. There are already ppl thinking this is a troll topic or that I am a troll when I never had any such intent. Regardless, I feel it is not too late to rectify that in order to let this topic continue as it was meant to from the beginning. Let that statement by D_E be a disclaimer for all those who would eschew ill contrived dialogue into this discussion or be mercilessly flamed to hell and back for it. Let my recent posts to this topic stand as example for any who should take it upon themselves to violate this now established disclaimer set forth by D_E. Thou hath been warned my delinquent little nerd mongrels.
---
just play the game... worry about your sanity afterwards ~riddlebox89
#62KoopaBoopPosted 2/11/2014 2:59:49 PM(edited)
You're not very fun to debate with for reasons I just don't want to get into. Take it for what you will. Likely it'll be comprehension or level of understanding which you boast about constantly. I don't really care -that- much.

Next.

I should've left this thread alone.

Also I think you have a crush on "Flare Dragon." You say their name in every post you make. 8)
---
0962 9849 6963 - 3DS FC
Eiko: "He's really ticking me off! Can I kill him?"
#63glory of power metalPosted 2/11/2014 4:03:29 PM
If anything, we learned here that FF fans in general are intolerable.
---
Now Playing: GTA V, Rayman Legends, Crash Bandicoot
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#64KoopaBoopPosted 2/11/2014 4:10:39 PM
glory of power metal posted...

---
0962 9849 6963 - 3DS FC
Eiko: "He's really ticking me off! Can I kill him?"
#65deepfriedNUGGETPosted 2/15/2014 5:53:26 PM

this game is better than that game and if u disagree then I will clothesline your neck with my skateboard

this how the different fanbases have always treated each other this is not new information okay
---
Evergrace.... awful game but still gives me nostalgia - thelastmonk
#66LivingHitokiriPosted 2/16/2014 4:32:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#67LivingHitokiriPosted 2/16/2014 5:51:55 AM
Demonic_Essence posted...

All the FF games are great, some people just don't like certain things.

It doesn't always work like this, people still could use objective facts about a game not following or breaking some base principles of an Final Fantasy or JRPG in general,does that mean it makes people to not like the game ?
Absolutely no, but, it will bring the game to the point of discussion about the integrity of its greatness .

As for the Final Fantasy fanbase, all i have to say that the biggest problem is the acceptance of certain things,the fans almost relentlessly will tyr to force their opinion on you and resort to a circle of repetitive questions and try to use against as arguments even if these said arguments where discussed and countered before,they will still ignore it and keep bringing the same stuff over and over until you eventually give up hence declaring them " winners" by default .
#68Sedated Cricket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:39:39 PM
KoopaBoop posted...
You're not very fun to debate with for reasons I just don't want to get into.

You think this is all some kind of joke? You even think this is a debate? You think anyone is going to have a fun time when you attempt to ridicule and belittle them for their own personal opinions? You throw unwarranted and unfounded criticisms at me and then wonder why I am compelled to defend myself against you? That hardly resembles what anyone would call a debate. If it is clear to you that it is no fun to "debate" with me then you should have no problem providing reasons to support why you feel that way. The fact that you are reluctant to only lends greater traction to the idea that you bit off more than you can chew and as a result do not want to admit to or accept the consequences of being held to account for it. That means you are way out of your league here compadre. You ought to wear a bib the way you dribble at the mouth like that.

KoopaBoop posted...
Likely it'll be comprehension or level of understanding which you boast about constantly.

What you perceive as boasting is actually me just holding you to account for your shallow claims and obtuse criticisms. There is a difference but evidently you cannot grasp that. Though it is natural that anyone with poor comprehension abilities would be unable to make the distinction.

Also it's hilarious you would plagiarize my "Next" gimmick as though you made some irrefutable observation that was supposed to burn me with its searing accuracy except you precede it by saying you "don't really care -that- much." Do you even realize how failmoar tryhard that is compared to the bowling pin line em up knock em down context I employed it in throughout my other post towards you.

KoopaBoop posted...
I should've left this thread alone.

It would be sensible to follow your own advice since you seem reluctant to heed my earlier warning or D_E's disclaimer. Maybe you should take a hint from Flare Dragon since it seems he realized he was wandering a little too far away from the safety of his schoolyard sandbox.

Or perhaps a more polite response would be like.... Maybe if you had understood premise of the topic and were able to contribute to it a meaningful way rather than attacking people for holding views you so much as admit to being unable to comprehend then maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be giving people reasons to go and rake you over the coals as mercilessly as I have because you've been doing pretty good job of setting yourself up for that the way you insist on making such doorknob comments and passing judgements about my views regarding a freaking video game released well over ten years ago already.

KoopaBoop posted...
Also I think you have a crush on "Flare Dragon." You say their name in every post you make. 8)

Are you still prepubescent? You need to be at least thirteen yrs old to use this website.
---
#69Sedated Cricket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:41:55 PM

Funny you should make such a sweeping generalization as you deliberately remain vague about who you could be referring to. Allow me to break it down for those of us involved. If you thought that claim was applicable to me, you'd be wrong. Not once this whole topic have I condemned or criticized anyone for sharing an opinion that I expressed a dislike for or disagreed with. I would like to see you quote any instance of me doing so. Additionally, if you thought that claim wasn't applicable to Flare Dragon or Koopa, again, you'd be wrong. Throughout the topic you hear them doing little else but questioning my views in ignorant attempt to undermine the validity of them or attempt to make them seem redundant because they cannot understand them. So it is clear that I cannot be among the intolerant group since I have yet to express intolerance to anyone else's views meanwhile others have shown plenty of intolerance towards me for mine.

And then Koopa quotes it with no additional response of his own as though to suggest that he thinks that statement doesn't apply to him but to me or others instead. How laughably pathetic. Koopa, you make it so easy for me to just keep knocking you down but the hilarious part is that you are too dense to realize how pointless it is to keep getting back up. Just stay down already broseph. Maybe go back to high school and learn how to construct a coherent and persuasive essay before you think you can spar logic with me because at the moment you are only digging yourself deeper into your own hole.

Stay small rand.
---
#70Peter_19Posted 2/19/2014 9:54:18 AM(edited)
Sedated Cricket posted...
The whole yu yevon bit to the overarching story felt like a poorly reinterpreted view of western religions from an eastern world perspective shoe horned into the story of a video game for pretentious dramatic effect. I'm sorry if anyone feels as though it doesnt detract from the experience of the game but if I wanted to have religion for breakfast I would go to church on Sunday

Why do some people react like this whenever there are the slightest implications of religion in a medium?
I'm an atheist myself but I'm not such a vehement anti-theist that I feel the need to rage as soon as there is religious content somewhere.

Besides, FF10 is actually criticizing religion.
You clearly didn't pay much attention to the part where Rikku is frustrated that Wakka only follows Yevon's teachings and can't think for himself.