This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I......? NO SPOILERS WANTED!!!

#1Tidus2121Posted 2/3/2014 1:50:33 AM
Hi everyone,

As the topic title implies please refrain from spoilers please as I am planning on playing this game. Thank you.

Now I have played this game before and enjoyed it a lot...... a long time ago and I never finished it I had a problem with disc 3-4 can't remember if it had 4 discs. It was the last disc anyway I digress. I remember being pretty upset about it as I said I was really enjoying this game now this was when I was 13-14 am now 25 so am thinking if its worth picking this game up again so long after. I love final fantasy nd u have recently started playing X again. I am thinking of buying this again also.

Now I understand the irony of asking the IX board "should I play this again?" But I do really want to get honest opinions.

Thank you for reading.
---
--- place your signature here!!!!
#2LionHeart48Posted 2/3/2014 2:00:29 AM
Yes i have played every single Final Fantasy (the main series anyway) and IX is my favorite, you wont be disappointed.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#3Tidus2121(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 2:07:52 AM
I have also played a few VI, VII, VIII, IX (briefly) X, XII, XIII albeit XII, XIII are my least favourite and am pretty gutted I never got to finish IX
---
#4CalmlanderPosted 2/3/2014 2:10:43 AM
Yeah, this game is super, and don't be fooled by the childish art style, this game isn't childish, is very mature and have some of the darkest moments of the series, of course you will find humor and lighthearted moments too.
---
FFI - Chronodia done with 4 White Mages http://postimg.org/image/3w8s5waxp/
FFX - 100 goals in 1 Blitz League -http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#5WingedMasamunePosted 2/3/2014 5:42:26 AM(edited)
Final Fantasy IX is one of the absolute must play titles in the series. Some criticize it's chibi-esque character design or slow battle system (It really is the slowest of the ATB systems IMHO), but overall it knows its history and roots and the game honors them both.

You will not be disappointed.
---
http://theepicgamers.com/downloads/grekaosangel/Project%20VII.pdf
#6kacavelikiPosted 2/3/2014 5:00:47 PM
If you enjoyed it once there is no reason to not give it another try,is there? :)
#7Tidus2121(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 1:25:37 AM
kacaveliki posted...
If you enjoyed it once there is no reason to not give it another try,is there? :)

This is true. The only reason am asking is that u never really hear about IX and theres the whole "stood the test of time" deal. I really dont remeber much about this atall I remember a few characters and the opening bits with zidane, garnet and steiner etc. So am hoping if I get it, it will b like playing it from scratch. That I think would be good.
---
#8kacavelikiPosted 2/4/2014 2:41:10 PM
I still play it every few months,never loses the novelty even though I know the game by heart already
#9SIFLjeff8Posted 2/4/2014 6:29:23 PM
I remember being lukewarm about it 13 years ago, but recently decided to replay it. I'm half way in to disc 2 and am enjoying it. It's not blowing me away, but it is a good, definitely above average rpg.
#10easytoremember8Posted 2/4/2014 11:14:37 PM
get it on the vita! best decision of my life. then you can get ff10 HD on the vita too! double win.
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss