This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Broken game, terrible plot

#51kacavelikiPosted 2/9/2014 8:26:52 AM
nokillingmoths posted...
BrokeTheGameDoe posted...
nokillingmoths posted...
Rachenar posted...
I actually agree with about 70% of the stuff in this post.

I agree that disc 1 is very short. FF8 is as well. In FF7 you go just about everywhere in disc 1, get to about level 40 and spend quite a while at most locations. I might have been level 15 in FF9, just finished disc 1 in FF8 today. Level 15. Anyone got any theories as to why disc 1 in these 2 games are so short?

Final Fantasy VII has 3 discs.

VIII AND IX have 4.....

And if we are dictating disc length by levels....

Esp since its insanely counter productive to level up in VIII.

Leveling up is just being used to suggest how short the disc is. Nothing more. I'm talking naturally leveling up. No grinding. You missed my second post as well. Never mind.

I'm lvl 8 at end of disc 2 because i run from every random battle,does it mean that my ff9 is shorter than yours? No.
#52seyyjJPosted 2/9/2014 9:56:32 AM
Epic, simply epic :^)

Keep the pot stirred!
#53nokillingmothsPosted 2/9/2014 11:07:05 AM
kacaveliki posted...
nokillingmoths posted...
BrokeTheGameDoe posted...
nokillingmoths posted...
Rachenar posted...
I actually agree with about 70% of the stuff in this post.

I agree that disc 1 is very short. FF8 is as well. In FF7 you go just about everywhere in disc 1, get to about level 40 and spend quite a while at most locations. I might have been level 15 in FF9, just finished disc 1 in FF8 today. Level 15. Anyone got any theories as to why disc 1 in these 2 games are so short?

Final Fantasy VII has 3 discs.

VIII AND IX have 4.....

And if we are dictating disc length by levels....

Esp since its insanely counter productive to level up in VIII.

Leveling up is just being used to suggest how short the disc is. Nothing more. I'm talking naturally leveling up. No grinding. You missed my second post as well. Never mind.

I'm lvl 8 at end of disc 2 because i run from every random battle,does it mean that my ff9 is shorter than yours? No.

Ha ha completely missing the point. Ok.
#54VeghEstherPosted 2/9/2014 12:32:47 PM
As for level 40 on disc 1 in FF7 I did that since I had all limits that are possible not named Omnislash and Slots usable over half way through disc 1 and was at level 45 then.

But in FF8 its very easy to have all 6 playable pc's all at level 100 on disc 1 and I still easily beat ever boss required or otherwise easily.
#55Moomba33Posted 2/9/2014 1:14:29 PM
I can't believe this topic is still going.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#56LionHeart48Posted 2/9/2014 1:16:21 PM
Moomba33 posted...
I can't believe this topic is still going.

me either
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#57SSJBenPosted 2/13/2014 9:58:12 AM
mages have more defense than melee (wut)

The ever misconception of mages needs to have less defense than a melee character, look week, scrawny, old or is about near his deathbed.

Really? Gandalf would love to speak to you.
---
@_@
#58EuroEPosted 2/13/2014 10:04:32 AM
VeghEsther posted...
As for level 40 on disc 1 in FF7 I did that since I had all limits that are possible not named Omnislash and Slots usable over half way through disc 1 and was at level 45 then.

But in FF8 its very easy to have all 6 playable pc's all at level 100 on disc 1 and I still easily beat ever boss required or otherwise easily.

You can literally coast through all of these games without any difficulty, or grinding to unreasonably high levels. It kind of seems like a waste of time to do what you're saying.
---
PSN- Kevontay
#59JukainPosted 2/13/2014 10:06:13 AM
EuroE posted...
VeghEsther posted...

You can literally coast through all of these games without any difficulty, or grinding to unreasonably high levels. It kind of seems like a waste of time to do what you're saying.

In fact, leveling everyone to 100 in FF8 is shooting yourself in the foot. Low level is the way to coast through FF8.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#60HH_KingPosted 2/13/2014 1:21:56 PM
Jukain posted...
EuroE posted...
VeghEsther posted...

In fact, leveling everyone to 100 in FF8 is shooting yourself in the foot. Low level is the way to coast through FF8.

I agree with Jukain. I would also like to shoot Vegh in the foot.
---
"Heh. We've all made mistakes as stupid as yours before. You just had the misfortune of makings your publicly."
~zz1000zz