This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

End of Disc 3... WTF. *SPOILERS*

#11phiefer3Posted 2/7/2014 11:44:45 PM(edited)
I think Xenogears may have the title for these types of fights, including fights that:
a) when you win, you still loose in the story, but if you loose you get a game over
b) fights that it doesn't matter if you win or loose the story continues the same way regardless
c) fights that are outright impossible to win, but the game continues without a gameover
d) fights that are practically impossible to loose and are little more than interactive cutscenes

Offhand I'm not sure how many there are, but 7 or 8 sounds like a lowball to me.
---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
phiefer3-I must be a glutton for punishment but I'm going to attempt to edumacate the Veghbot
#12KulthPosted 2/8/2014 2:07:36 AM
Look at it logically. Kuja is the main antagonist of the game, the main villain of the story.

If you were able to kill him in the first fight against him, then you'd complain over: The game ending so soon, or the fact that he's still alive in the next scene after you "killed" him. So, scripted, not scripted, it's a lose/lose situation here.

Also.. The word is l-o-s-e. L-o-o-s-e is a completely different word.
---
PSN: Saerenan
#133StormsPosted 2/8/2014 6:10:23 AM
Kulth posted...
Look at it logically. Kuja is the main antagonist of the game, the main villain of the story.

If you were able to kill him in the first fight against him, then you'd complain over: The game ending so soon, or the fact that he's still alive in the next scene after you "killed" him. So, scripted, not scripted, it's a lose/lose situation here.

Also.. The word is l-o-s-e. L-o-o-s-e is a completely different word.

Or even worst do you want it to be like FF8 and FF10 where you fight Seifer and Seymour 100 times but they never go away and just keep coming back?
#14terran3999999Posted 2/8/2014 9:27:11 AM
7? 8?
I don't think VII nor VIII had any of those, or at least very little of it.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#15kacavelikiPosted 2/8/2014 11:11:17 AM
VeghEsther posted...
Yes while arms 5 has the most unbeatable bosses ie way over leveled but unlike FF9 Wild Arms 5 has a NG+ mode and levels do transfer over so those wild arms 5 bosses are beatable.

the only scripted boss fight in this FF games are the 3x Beatrix fights after 1 minute she drains all your HP to 1 HP left and you can't actually drain all her HP to zero at all.>

But yes the Kuja fights both of them end with Ultima but you'll still get a game over if he kills you before hits HP hits zero

It's 10 turns not 1 minute. Also I believe you can kill her,she has around 3600(first fight),4500(second),5700(3rd) hp so a few bios or limit glove WILL drain her hp. Also taken from ff9 wiki is the following:

SPOILERS

The party must try to stay alive until Beatrix uses an unblockable finishing move that instantly knocks everyone down to 1 HP; either Stock Break or Climhazzard. She uses this when her HP hits 0, or after getting ten turns.
#16VeghEstherPosted 2/8/2014 12:07:18 PM
As for FF7 it has a few battles during most of those "turks" fights they will run away as soon as their HP hits zero.

However the only difference between them and the 2 FF9 bosses is the ones in FF7 don't use a "final" attack against you.