This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ozma question

#1nickbrienPosted 2/12/2014 1:44:41 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's my first time playing the game. Im on disk 4 and I wanted to fight Ozma but I guess I need to get a gold chocobo first? I literally haven't touched a chocobo since disk 1, is it too late at this point?
#2WindMouseHanpanPosted 2/12/2014 2:07:06 PM
Yes, you need a Gold Chocobo, and it's never too late to do the Chocobo Hot 'n Cold sidequest as the forest and other areas never get sealed off, so don't worry, you can still do it.
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#3VeghEstherPosted 2/12/2014 6:28:08 PM
The only problem is that since every area on the world map is covered in a dense fog its nearly impossible to dig up the chocographs via the world map areas.

That's why I always ended the quest and killed Ozma ASAP on disc 3 at levels over 50.
#4paul_matthiasPosted 2/13/2014 1:04:36 AM
"nearly impossible"

WHAT!? Of COURSE it's fine. I have done both, multiple times - the only one that's hard to find is Ocean, and even then that's hard to find on Disc 3 AND 4.
---
"You gave to me all I know. I will stay here, I will not go" - Shuffle, Bombay Bicycle Club
#5nickbrien(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 2:28:46 PM
VeghEsther posted...
The only problem is that since every area on the world map is covered in a dense fog its nearly impossible to dig up the chocographs via the world map areas.

That's why I always ended the quest and killed Ozma ASAP on disc 3 at levels over 50.

I'm just using the IGN guide with pictures and trying to get through it as quickly as possible. Sort of a pain in the ass though. I have 11 found in about three hours.
#6LionHeart48Posted 2/13/2014 3:45:24 PM
Don't underestimate my marble buddy.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#7nickbrien(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 4:19:03 PM
I ended up getting all the treasure in 6 hours or so but I got Bravely Default as a gift yesterday so I skipped Ozma and just rushed through the end. I kept a save file to get back to it after.

I liked the game, but it seemed really easy for a Final Fantasy game. I didn't grind at all and I breezed through the end without ever being in danger of dying. I liked it though.
#8VeghEstherPosted 2/15/2014 4:34:41 PM
6 hours is a very good time after all of the 40 to 45 hours it took me to beat the game just finding all the chocographs to dig up via the forest/lagoon/air garden took me at least 10 to 15 of those 45 hours.
#9ertfertPosted 2/15/2014 7:54:16 PM
nickbrien posted...
I liked the game, but it seemed really easy for a Final Fantasy game. I didn't grind at all and I breezed through the end without ever being in danger of dying. I liked it though.

I could say that about all of them from 4-10 and 12
FFIX is more middle of the pack in terms of difficulty, which isnt saying that much considering theyre all pretty easy
#10LionHeart48Posted 2/15/2014 8:46:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]