This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

shocked at how active this board is -- why did you start playing

#1DeverothPosted 4/5/2014 2:46:24 AM
I can't believe how active this game's board is. it's 14 years old, for crying out loud! some games from last holiday season have boards more dead than this one.
which brings me to my question: how come you guys are here? what made you pick up a 15 year old game and keep it's community so active? are most of you guys playing on ps3s, with the digital version, or ps2s (like me)?

on a sidenote, it's awesome how few trolls and general a******* there are here. I guess they're all on the new game boards.
---
former xbox 360 owner, current ps4 owner, new to psn. add me!
KrimsonKing88
#2TinseltopiaPosted 4/5/2014 4:15:16 AM
I have it bookmarked and tend to check every so often it's like a routine now. But it is my favourite game ever so until something changes that, I'll still be here. I really like the riddles thread as well
---
Frog is talking? Should I eat..? Maybe I eat.
#3Moomba33Posted 4/5/2014 8:10:26 AM(edited)
Lots of old FF boards are still active.
I have all the ones I've played favourited and visit them pretty often.
Also replay most of them every couple years or so, they're just great games.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#4PibugoPosted 4/5/2014 8:21:36 AM
To be honest, FFIX gets more towards the bottom of the re-play list for me. Not saying it's a bad game, I just prefer every other SNES and PSX FF over it.

If I do replay it though, it's most likely for the rich setting and awesome characters. I didn't like the plot, and there really isn't much to the combat of the game, and the music (again, to me) feels inferior to the 5 other games I mentioned. Actually, it's probably slightly better than FFV's music but.. yeah, that's FFIX for me in a nutshell.

Also, I'm not here only when playing the game, I like checking here sometimes for interesting stuff :P
---
"I never worry about action, but only inaction."
- Winston Churchill
#5Atomos199Posted 4/5/2014 9:41:47 AM
Not only is this board active, but even an undiscovered sidequest was recently uncovered. So yeah, alive and kicking :P
---
I never gained supreme ulti-complete status. I projected my mind ca. 3 years into the future and realized it was going to be a waste of time.
~ bastardpoetry
#6GoIdenAcePosted 4/5/2014 11:59:39 AM
i just started the game >__>

on an emulator <__<
---
NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS3+2, XBOX360, WII+GC, WIIU and a gaming PC with a library of over 1000 games for over 15 years
I dare you to ever call me a casual gamer
#7DunadainPosted 4/5/2014 12:09:28 PM
Played 12 years ago, 6 years ago, & restarted 2 months ago. Next is HD FFX/2
---
Why do Americans vote for people who hate America, Americans, and especially those that elected them???
#8NegaZeldaPosted 4/5/2014 2:25:08 PM
I play it once every year since it's my #1 most favourite game of all time. Because of that, I check back on this board rather frequently. I knew it was something special when I first started it 13 years ago.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
<thing>
#9Garage_ManPosted 4/5/2014 5:09:44 PM
I just recently played the game, never knew it existed till the final fantasy sale (I mean I did but gave it no attention) and was even hesitant to pay the 5 bucks or whatever...man do I feel like a idiot. Anyways I finished it about a month ago, coincidentally found gamefaqs around the same time and then found this board.

Long story short the games amazing. I played it the first time through on my vita. I then bought the black label disks and ran the first few hours through a pc emulator and my god the game looks amazing. It's really something how the pc can post process these ps1 games and make them look decent.
#10andriin1990Posted 4/5/2014 9:33:57 PM
I have replayed this game for twenty-something times now. The only thing mooring me to this board is riddle thread (which sadly often already ended whenever I had the time to check the thread, lol).