This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chocobo hot and cold - desperately need help

#1DeverothPosted 4/7/2014 10:46:56 PM
hey guys, I know there's a few topics about chocobo hot and cold already, but I need some help still. I'm on disc 3, just left the desert palace. I've played CHaC DOZENS of times, but have only found the first treasure map thing, which was where the river meets the ocean, or something like that.
I have 178 points, and have no trouble whatsoever finding 2-3 dig spots each game. my problem is, aside from that first one, there's NEVER anything in there but throwaway items. I'm not exaggerating; dozens of games, almost 200 points, LITERALLY nothing but bs items. it's the equivalent of flipping a coin 1000 times and getting 997 heads.
is there some trick to this? should I have someone specific in my party? do I need to have something equipped? anything I can do to increase my chances of getting something other than annoyntments and eye drops and greens?
---
former xbox 360 owner, current ps4 owner, new to psn. add me!
KrimsonKing88
#2Deveroth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 11:00:29 PM
and the insane thing to me, is multiple guides for this game say things like, "if you've been playing chocobo hot and cold regularly, you should have item x".
no! I have been playing regularly! like a f****** madman. and nothing.
---
KrimsonKing88
#3more_cow_bellPosted 4/8/2014 12:30:58 AM(edited)
Deveroth posted...
is there some trick to this? should I have someone specific in my party? do I need to have something equipped? anything I can do to increase my chances of getting something other than annoyntments and eye drops and greens?

nope, it's just random chance.
---
"First come smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire."
#4OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/8/2014 6:34:00 AM
First you need to unlock the River Choco, do this by finding the treasure near Cleyra.
Then you need to visit the Chocobo Lagoon, the tracks should be on an island close to the Forgotten Continent peninsula.
Dig here until you unlock the Mountain Choco (not sure exactly which chocograph, but you can get to it with Blue Narciss)
With this upgrade you will be able to acquire all chocographs within the Chocobo Forest.

One of the last chocographs in the Forest will show you where to find the Ocean Choco.

As for the last ability, Sky. You cannot get this until you get the Hilda Garde 3 at which point it can be found in the Chocobo Lagoon with the Ocean Choco.
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#5VeghEstherPosted 4/8/2014 7:30:29 AM
Random that's why of the 45 hours to beat the entire game just digging them up via the forest/lagoon/air garden took me 10 to 15 of those hours.
#6OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/8/2014 8:18:35 AM
Really though you should be averaging about 5-6 per game. 8 if your lucky.
Try being less "peckish". When you get close back up and examine the smell circle and try to hit the center. You'll save time by not pecking wildly everytime you get close.

It doesn't take much time to get all the chocographs in the Forest, but the Lagoon and Sky Garden are a whole other story.
---
#7VeghEstherPosted 4/8/2014 9:05:58 AM
Well on disc 1 it still took me 2 to 3 hours to dig up all the possible ones in the forest thats's why digging all of them up in the forest/lagoon/air garden easily took me 10 to 15 hours of the 45 it took me to beat the game.
#8OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/8/2014 9:30:01 AM
VeghEsther posted...
Well on disc 1 it still took me 2 to 3 hours to dig up all the possible ones in the forest thats's why digging all of them up in the forest/lagoon/air garden easily took me 10 to 15 hours of the 45 it took me to beat the game.

No worries, I'm on hour 59. And I still havn't entered Memoria.
I actually restarted a new game because I found out I didn't save enough equipment (Mythril stuff) for end-game items.
---
#9Deveroth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 11:34:06 AM
OrokenDuMonger posted...
Really though you should be averaging about 5-6 per game. 8 if your lucky.
Try being less "peckish". When you get close back up and examine the smell circle and try to hit the center. You'll save time by not pecking wildly everytime you get close.

It doesn't take much time to get all the chocographs in the Forest, but the Lagoon and Sky Garden are a whole other story.

i actually have played so much that i know the handful of spots where anything appears in the forest. i check those spots everytime, and like i said, NEVER got anything other than the first map and a bunch of nonsense items.
it really sucks that so much is hidden behind this stupid random minigame...different chocobos, chocobo abilities, the mognet central area, and a number of other areas inaccessible without success at this idiotic distraction.

First you need to unlock the River Choco, do this by finding the treasure near Cleyra.
Then you need to visit the Chocobo Lagoon, the tracks should be on an island close to the Forgotten Continent peninsula.
Dig here until you unlock the Mountain Choco (not sure exactly which chocograph, but you can get to it with Blue Narciss)
With this upgrade you will be able to acquire all chocographs within the Chocobo Forest.

did you read the question AT ALL?
I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING. no "river choco", NOTHING. please read the question before offering a response to something no one asked.
---
KrimsonKing88
#10OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/8/2014 11:42:17 AM
People will be less apt to want to assist you if you reject their advice and berate them.

I know you aren't doing as good as you could because you are not averaging more than 4 items per game.

You've been given several answers that you don't fine helpful. Even though I broke down what you needed to do, you ignored it and act like your game is rigged against you.

If you're having treasure problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but finding loot ain't one.
---