This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Chocobo hot and cold - desperately need help

#11Deveroth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 11:03:02 AM
OrokenDuMonger posted...
People will be less apt to want to assist you if you reject their advice and berate them.

I know you aren't doing as good as you could because you are not averaging more than 4 items per game.

You've been given several answers that you don't fine helpful. Even though I broke down what you needed to do, you ignored it and act like your game is rigged against you.

If you're having treasure problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but finding loot ain't one.

you serious dude?
you are the only one who answered "several" times. YOU are the only one who offered nothing useful whatsoever. EVERYONE else did, by assuring me that it's random and that i need to dedicate HOURS to it, which i now realize i don't feel like doing. then i expressed exasperation that so many sidequests/items/areas would be locked behind this minigame. nowhere did i imply that the game is rigged against me, nowhere did i reject anyone's advice or berate anyone, i only rejected YOUR useless advice in your first post which had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what i asked. are you saying that it did?
---
former xbox 360 owner, current ps4 owner, new to psn. add me!
KrimsonKing88
#12OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/8/2014 11:15:08 AM
You're having trouble finding loot in Forest, getting the Mountain Choco opens up more treasure.

There's obviously more treasure in the Lagoon so that's self-explanatory.

You said you've dedicated countless hours and still not received many chocographs, not getting as many items in the mini-game will contribute to this since (more items = greater chance to find item).

The items are always random. The only exception is that the more chocographs you get, the harder they become to find.

I pointed out that the treasure near Cleyra grants you Reef Choco, which you need to get to the lagoon and get even more loot.

I'm honestly surprised you spent so much time in the forest, considering most of the chocographs are located there so you have the greatest chance of finding one there.

You really just need to work on technique so you can get more items each go. Also those "spots" you noticed will change, since the location is also completely random.
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#13OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/8/2014 11:21:10 AM
Oh, I should also mention.

The reason I brought up the upgrades (Reef, Mountain, Ocean, Sky), is because for each that you acquire, the speed of Choco increases significantly. Making treasure hunting a bit easier.
---
#14peedeejayPosted 4/8/2014 1:41:53 PM(edited)
Deveroth posted...
i actually have played so much that i know the handful of spots where anything appears in the forest. i check those spots everytime, and like i said, NEVER got anything other than the first map and a bunch of nonsense items.

Well there's your problem right there. Items can appear anywhere in the forest. There's no few designated spots. When you start the game Item A is placed anywhere in Chocobo Forest. After you find Item A, Item B is then placed anywhere in the forest. After you find Item B, Item C is placed anywhere in the forest, and so on.

The way to find items is to create a route that allows you to cover the whole forest as you go through it, and to repeat that route as many times as you can, finding items as you go. Also, when you find an item, don't forget to check that same spot you just found one.

Last, the placement of Choco's beak is not what matters, the placement of Choco's feet is what determines if you get the item or not. So if you get Kweh!? don't stand in one spot and spin around, move Choco a little each time.

Deveroth posted...
you serious dude?
you are the only one who answered "several" times. YOU are the only one who offered nothing useful whatsoever. EVERYONE else did, by assuring me that it's random and that i need to dedicate HOURS to it, which i now realize i don't feel like doing. then i expressed exasperation that so many sidequests/items/areas would be locked behind this minigame. nowhere did i imply that the game is rigged against me, nowhere did i reject anyone's advice or berate anyone, i only rejected YOUR useless advice in your first post which had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what i asked. are you saying that it did?

He's the only one who actually provided help. Of the other people people who posted, VeghEsther is the most well known troll on the board and more_cow_bell posted one sentence that isn't actually going to make H&C go faster.

Item placement and the items you get are randomized, but your actions are not. If you use a route that covers 80% plus of the field then you should find the Chocographs currently available there in 15-30 minutes and move on to Lagoon.

The strategy section at the FFWiki also has good advice:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chocobo_Hot_and_Cold
#15T_r_a_m_PPosted 4/8/2014 3:05:58 PM
Took me just over an hour I think to get all the chocographs from the forest, about 30 mins of that was the last one. Maybe you're just incredibly unlucky, I averaged about 4 items per run so it just takes time and some luck
---
GT: EtherealEgo
Topping lobbies in my sleep
#16monkeyslingerPosted 4/8/2014 7:54:59 PM
There's one thing nobody's mentioned so far. Your chance of finding a Chocograph increases as you get more items in the same game, and I don't mean the obvious way. I don't remember the exact numbers, and I don't feel like looking them up right now, but there's a huge difference in your chance of finding a Chocograph as your next item when you've already dug up 7 items vs. only 1 or 2. In summary, working on getting more items per game is the best way to improve your chance of getting a Chocograph. An average of 2-3 is really low.
---
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/
#17Deveroth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 9:38:07 AM
thanks guys, but i'm done trying. about 4 hours in total, and i've still only found that first map. stupid minigame is stupid, and the fact that it's entirely luck-based means, eventually, someone (like me) will waste hours on it, to no avail, while someone else got everything in 10 minutes.
for years i've thought blitzball was the worst FF minigame...but we have a new winner!
---
former xbox 360 owner, current ps4 owner, new to psn. add me!
KrimsonKing88
#18OrokenDuMongerPosted 4/9/2014 9:47:01 AM
Deveroth posted...
thanks guys, but i'm done trying. about 4 hours in total, and i've still only found that first map. stupid minigame is stupid, and the fact that it's entirely luck-based means, eventually, someone (like me) will waste hours on it, to no avail, while someone else got everything in 10 minutes.
for years i've thought blitzball was the worst FF minigame...but we have a new winner!

I still think blitzball is the worst, I'm pretty sure everyone has unanimous hate there.
Chances are though, as since you've given up, the next time you go back you'd find one, just because that's how your luck appears to me.
---
#19VeghEstherPosted 4/9/2014 11:04:35 AM
Well I find ALL of FFX's mini games both the PS2 one and the HD one not really worth my time.
#20PibugoPosted 4/10/2014 12:02:28 AM
Deveroth posted...

Yey, so now you too can join the "Ever since I've played FFIX, Chocobo H&C has been the worst minigame ever" club.
---
"Shinra only cares if things are good right now. But, I plan to live for 500 years and won't stand for that type of thinking." ~ Nanaki