This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A bit late but...Happy 14th Birthday Final Fantasy IX

#1arczero_xPosted 7/8/2014 9:06:25 AM(edited)
http://kotaku.com/one-of-the-best-final-fantasy-games-turns-14-today-1601344681/all

Reading through that article and some folk's comments about the game made me feel very nostalgic and came to appreciate how gaming can move or touch people's lives.

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite in the entire franchise thanks to its charming characters, unforgettable music, and a fantastic story altogether. I believe it was only in this game when I had to stand up and clap my hands when the credits starts rolling down. It felt that great to me.

Fast forward to what I am now, I don't see myself to be that interested in games as much as I did before. As I grow older, I am starting to feel how playing video games feels pointless most of the time and how time consuming it can really be as a hobby. I seem to lose interest in most genres that I use to like and nowadays I find it a pain to play RPGs. I just don't feel that fun and excitement as I used to have with them anymore since I have this hidden guilt inside of me that RPGs requires a huge time sink which I could be better off spending on doing other things instead...whenever I play a game that hits the 20+ hour mark, it makes me feel like cringing.

But again, after reading this article, I realized that this has not always been the case for me. I remember I spent for about 99 hours in my first playthrough of FFIX but I think it was all worth it. The amount of time I spent being immersed in the game's world, connecting and felt being really close to the characters as if they are someone who I actually met in real life - that kind of feeling is not something you can accomplish like when you invest your time reading a book or watching a movie or TV series. Only video games seems to be able to give me that kind of connection, in my opinion.

I've ranted enough but anyway, Happy 14th Birthday Final Fantasy IX!!!
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#2LionHeart48Posted 7/8/2014 8:46:18 PM
Happy Birthday FFIX
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#3peedeejayPosted 7/8/2014 9:12:25 PM
Happy Birthday, Epic Poem of the Mighty Qu.
#4SpookeyDonkeyPosted 7/17/2014 8:15:18 PM
I got the game about a month or two after it was released. I got to nearly the VERY end....and just stopped playing and never picked it back up.

Now, I started a replay months earlier and stopped again. So I picked it back up, realized I was VERY far into it, and read a good FAQ by Alex that includes a scene by scene plot summary.

I'm almost done with the game now and should be finishing it up today or tomorrow :)
#5SweetHeartRinoaPosted 7/17/2014 8:36:56 PM
SpookeyDonkey posted...
I got the game about a month or two after it was released. I got to nearly the VERY end....and just stopped playing and never picked it back up.

Now, I started a replay months earlier and stopped again. So I picked it back up, realized I was VERY far into it, and read a good FAQ by Alex that includes a scene by scene plot summary.

I'm almost done with the game now and should be finishing it up today or tomorrow :)

Ugh I am outside of Ipsens Castle and randomly lost all motivation to play :/ That was like 4 days ago D:
---
"I don't want the future. I want the present to stand still.I just want to stay here with you.."
http://www.pinterest.com/SweetheartAeris/boards/