This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy IX - Impress 100 Nobles on Vita!!!!

#1DLegendary0nePosted 7/22/2014 3:32:31 AM
Ok, so this is technically cheating, but if you've played this minigame you know it is evil and eats newborn babies so you probably don't care. ;-)

The Vita has a home button you can use to exit to the main menu while the game is frozen. You can use this as an exploit to win the sword fight mini game because not only does it freeze the game, but it shows a mini screenshot of the frozen frame!

1) At the beginning of the fight, it will show instructions on how to play. That's the last screen before you start the game so as soon as you hit X to start the game spam the home button. If you time it just right, you'll see the button you're supposed to press.

2) Tap the screenshot of the game to resume the game and spam the required button until you hear the sound.

3) AS SOON AS YOU HEAR THE SOUND, SPAM THE HOME BUTTON AGAIN! If you do it too soon, you won't see anything. That's ok. Just resume and spam the home button until you do. Then repeat steps 2 and 3.

Do this until you get to the end. It took me a couple of tries to get used to the timing but IT WORKS!!

Tip: Use one hand to spam the home button and the other hand to press the inputs (including the direction buttons)

This is only Possible on the Vita since it actually freezes the game with a screenshot. So if you have one, you can use this exploit to impress 100 nobles and follow the Excalibur II Perfect guide.

SCREW THE NOBLES!!!!
#2castrejon04Posted 7/23/2014 8:35:42 AM
As if there isn't any other way to cheat.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#3KonkquinPosted 7/25/2014 1:42:40 PM
I think you can also do this on a PSP too.
---
"...because there's evil running loose in this world that needs to be chained down to hell."
3DS FC: 0705-2262-4754
#4FiyunPosted 7/28/2014 7:14:42 AM
You can. I did it on my own PSP. (Enter the emulation menu, exit, repeat, or something like that. Been years since I did it last)
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
#5GoukiAkujikiPosted 7/28/2014 7:30:43 PM
The game lets you retry it to your hearts content, so I don't see why you would need some sort of cheat. I can understand if it was a one time deal or something.
#6Gaara_fanPosted 7/28/2014 9:19:53 PM
GoukiAkujiki posted...
The game lets you retry it to your hearts content, so I don't see why you would need some sort of cheat. I can understand if it was a one time deal or something.

You clearly didn't impress 100 nobles if you're saying that.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#7KFrosty3Posted 7/29/2014 4:37:48 PM(edited)
Gaara_fan151 posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...

I don't think (s)he cares by the way (s)he said it.

Personally, I've gotten to 96 without cheating (and I'm not a perfectionist), so I don't see the big deal
---
"Be excellent to each other." "Party on dudes!"
Bill, then Ted; Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
#8Gaara_fanPosted 7/29/2014 5:47:04 PM
KFrosty3 posted...
Gaara_fan151 posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...

I don't think (s)he cares by the way (s)he said it.

Personally, I've gotten to 96 without cheating (and I'm not a perfectionist), so I don't see the big deal

I did 92 without cheating, but I really can see why people use those tricks to get 100/100, FFIX mini-game are frustrating enough as it is.
---
#9GoukiAkujikiPosted 7/29/2014 7:57:41 PM
Actually I've never had any problems with it. It might take me a few tries but it's not a big deal since you can try as many times as you want, which is what I was getting at in my post.
#10Gaara_fanPosted 7/29/2014 8:21:38 PM
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Actually I've never had any problems with it. It might take me a few tries but it's not a big deal since you can try as many times as you want, which is what I was getting at in my post.

Please, try within few tries. Tell us how easy it is.
---