This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Considering doing a level 1 run

#11GwendalPosted 7/30/2014 11:50:37 AM
Gaara_fan151 posted...
FFX and FFXIII/FFXIII-2 is quite easy to do a low level run as leveling up in these games means using sphere grid or crystarium, so you can fight to your heart's content. FFXII has an accessory that blocks XP but it takes a good while to get. These 3/4 games are the only ones I would ever try to do a LLC.

The FFXIII No Chrystarium run involves an ungodly amount of grinding for money, though, which is even more tedious.
---
Currently playing:
Trails in the Sky FC (PC)
#12Gaara_fanPosted 7/30/2014 1:39:21 PM
Gwendal posted...
Gaara_fan151 posted...
FFX and FFXIII/FFXIII-2 is quite easy to do a low level run as leveling up in these games means using sphere grid or crystarium, so you can fight to your heart's content. FFXII has an accessory that blocks XP but it takes a good while to get. These 3/4 games are the only ones I would ever try to do a LLC.

The FFXIII No Chrystarium run involves an ungodly amount of grinding for money, though, which is even more tedious.

I didn't know that, I actually didn't read too much on it. The money grinding is for upgrading weapon and accessories I guess?
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#13GwendalPosted 7/31/2014 7:43:22 AM
Gaara_fan151 posted...
Gwendal posted...
Gaara_fan151 posted...

I didn't know that, I actually didn't read too much on it. The money grinding is for upgrading weapon and accessories I guess?

Yep. It's been a while since I read up on too, but I think you need upgraded weapons to deal enough damage to get through fights.
---
Currently playing:
#14Spiky_Peahorn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 5:23:06 AM
In Lindblum at present, gearing up for the FotH, come oooooon Coral Ring. All 3 Black Waltz bosses gave me grief. Horrible. I think it is going to come down to just repeating myself when it comes to bosses and seeing which strategies work, and seeing how much RNG manipulation I can do.
---
It was clever for a guy who screams like Sindel from Mortal Kombat when he gets angry. - MICHALECOLE
#15LukeSkyvvalkerPosted 8/3/2014 12:34:32 PM
Spiky_Peahorn posted...
In Lindblum at present, gearing up for the FotH, come oooooon Coral Ring. All 3 Black Waltz bosses gave me grief. Horrible. I think it is going to come down to just repeating myself when it comes to bosses and seeing which strategies work, and seeing how much RNG manipulation I can do.

Maybe I'm just a masochist - but even on a Lv 1 game I make sure Zidane wins.
---
Squall can't operate a canopener without a GF equipped. - Angelalex242
#16Max58201Posted 8/3/2014 4:32:50 PM
Gwendal posted...
Gaara_fan151 posted...
Gwendal posted...
Gaara_fan151 posted...

Yep. It's been a while since I read up on too, but I think you need upgraded weapons to deal enough damage to get through fights.

is it even possible? i know there would be no way to do most of the sidequest fights but I swear there are later bosses that would be able to 1 shot an entire party with base HP regardless of anything you did

and I don't think the end boss would be possible
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#17Spiky_Peahorn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 9:53:32 PM
Maybe I'm just a masochist - but even on a Lv 1 game I make sure Zidane wins.

Dat Coral Ring. Life saver.
---
It was clever for a guy who screams like Sindel from Mortal Kombat when he gets angry. - MICHALECOLE
#18Spiky_Peahorn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 5:14:26 AM
Alexandrian escape, ugh, avoiding the first 2 guards after breaking of the hanging cell is a pain. First time getting to Zorn and Thorn 1 of them got the first attack in....attack all with Meteorite...ugh.
---
#19GwendalPosted 8/8/2014 10:26:26 AM
Max58201 posted...
is it even possible? i know there would be no way to do most of the sidequest fights but I swear there are later bosses that would be able to 1 shot an entire party with base HP regardless of anything you did

and I don't think the end boss would be possible

I haven't been on the FFXIII boards for a very long time, but I'm pretty sure someone managed to complete that challenge several years ago. There should be a FAQ too. A quick search also turned up this:

*Major spoilers for FFXIII, obviously*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRCGAUTmY2w
---
Currently playing:
#20FuzzyKitten6Posted 8/8/2014 3:47:26 PM
There are some obnoxious moments, especially in the beginning if you're not used to the concept. It's definitely harder than a lvl 7 VIII run, but when I replay IX I almost exclusively do Excal II runs. Although, I don't bother for a PG, one Athletic Queen is enough to last me a lifetime of replays.