This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Probably a dumb question

#1nerotozeroPosted 7/30/2014 6:19:15 PM
Just popped this in my ps3... Haven't played it since 2002! Crazy..

Anyways, is there a way to know what abilities equipment have before purchasing them? I'm hesitant to buy stuff if I don't know what ability they have.

I'm thinking no... But it's bugging me.
#2Gaara_fanPosted 7/30/2014 6:43:33 PM
AFAIK there's no way. In doubt, just use a nearby save point, buy then load to just buy what you think is good. For soft-resetting just press L1+L2+R1+R2+start+select.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#3peedeejayPosted 7/30/2014 7:20:03 PM
No way in game. You can use the online guides and information though.
#4VeghEstherPosted 7/31/2014 8:03:42 AM
As long as you own 1 copy of every weapon armor and add on in game and never sell them its possible to master all the possible abilities on that disc ASAP save for the weapons found in the final dungeon.

Since at that time in game I had all the other abilities that aren't from the final dungeon weapons already mastered though I didn't actually use the final dungeon enemies to learn the abilities off of those final dungeon weapons and armors.
#5terran3999999Posted 7/31/2014 9:40:31 AM
But money is never a problem....if you really need to you can always do the Cotton Robe Trick.

INB4vegh'sBS
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#6VeghEstherPosted 7/31/2014 1:34:28 PM
I'll never do the cotton robe trick and could still make millions without ever doing it even once just hit level 99 from level 40 against Grand Dragons for the remaining 59 exp levels the only gil I spend for doing that is on 99 tents when level 5 death can't be used 1 more time.
#7CalmlanderPosted 7/31/2014 2:09:55 PM
In the first and second disc is really a good trick
---
FFI - Chronodia done with 4 White Mages http://postimg.org/image/3w8s5waxp/
FFX - 100 goals in 1 Blitz League -http://postimg.org/image/byfjhefa1/
#8Gaara_fanPosted 7/31/2014 2:23:27 PM
terran3999999 posted...
But money is never a problem....if you really need to you can always do the Cotton Robe Trick.

INB4vegh'sBS

VeghEsther posted...
I'll never do the cotton robe trick and could still make millions without ever doing it even once just hit level 99 from level 40 against Grand Dragons for the remaining 59 exp levels the only gil I spend for doing that is on 99 tents when level 5 death can't be used 1 more time.

Like moth to a flame.
---
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the of Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno
#9kacavelikiPosted 7/31/2014 3:52:15 PM
Calmlander posted...
In the first and second disc is really a good trick

Dont try explaining this to vegh :)
#10VeghEstherPosted 7/31/2014 4:04:47 PM
I';d rather still kill grand dragons only and never do the cotton robe trick to buy anything else on disc 1 or 2.

So if I need gil before level 5 death is usable I just sold any ether items since I never used a single one to restore MP at all.