This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why use special characters?

#1rednova4444Posted 5/25/2012 3:01:54 PM
Why even bother using special characters(i.e.Mustadio,Agrias,Meliadoul,Rafa,Malak)?By the time you get them you would have mastered so many abilities with your start characters that you would be more comfortable and accustomed using them instead of douchey special characters.I don't see what's so great about using them.
#2datdudeMcCoyPosted 5/25/2012 3:36:39 PM
cus different sprites and abilities are cool to mix with generic classes

like two handed samurai mestadio
two chances at arm and leg aim and massive damage
..with sprint shoes

thats what i use specials for
---
sf4:ibuki; sfxt:juri x bob
WHO DEY!!!!!!!
#3lolboatzPosted 5/25/2012 3:50:28 PM
Just look at orlandu and his skillset.

I rest my case.
#4rednova4444(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 5:44:10 PM
Orlandu is an exception(obviously!).I'll give you that much.The whole two-hand mustadio thing is alright(but wouldn't it be easier to just hack the snot out your enemies?).Also,how do you do the quoting thing I see people doing?
#5right side thiefPosted 5/25/2012 6:02:26 PM
Because I can simply kill said generics and feed their crystals to the more awesome specials I just got. This gives them a good amount of abilities learned and, usually, an awesome skill set for more flavor.
---
Let's bring back the dinosaurs, they only kill the slow and the stupid.
#6rednova4444(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 6:18:13 PM
right side thief posted...
Because I can simply kill said generics and feed their crystals to the more awesome specials I just got. This gives them a good amount of abilities learned and, usually, an awesome skill set for more flavor.

That's like saying your mom gives birth to you only to pop you in the toaster and merge your soul with a cat...nyan cat rules!(I found the guy with the highest score).

There's nothing you can do about the levels you earned.The lower your level is when you spawn off a crystal,the less skills your special will inherit.Albeit,if you're at a high level when you're you spawn a crystal,all the grinding would be for nothing.
#7manmousePosted 5/25/2012 7:11:35 PM
i just wonder if anyone uses Rafa and Malak.

even if you can make them usable, you could just as soon make any generic way better.
#8rednova4444(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 7:17:01 PM
manmouse posted...
i just wonder if anyone uses Rafa and Malak.

I highly doubt it,unless you're paranoid and think you must use absolutely EVERY special in the game.

I just like using Cloud cuz he's fun to train(>70 XP per hit!).
#9ZekuMusashiPosted 5/26/2012 1:11:34 AM
rednova4444 posted...
The lower your level is when you spawn off a crystal,the less skills your special will inherit.

Level has nothing to do with it.
What abilities a crystal offers depends on:
1) what abilities the crystallized unit has learned (duh)
2) what Jobs the crystal eater has unlocked, only abilities for available Jobs can appear
3) chance, as each ability has a separate % to appear in a crystal
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~
#10josefreesPosted 5/26/2012 11:58:15 AM
I used Rafa and Malak cuz I liked their sprites. I mean with Ramza and Cid you can use whoever you want. Beowulf is pretty awesome as well. And isnt Reis pretty good too?
---
From where I stand, I can see the stars, but are they more than lights? And do I know if they're still alive?