This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fair SCC?

#1Soulzek44Posted 7/27/2012 12:22:04 PM
Are there any Ramza-only playthroughs that don't involve yelling and screaming for 10 levels per map?
#2vampragonlordPosted 7/27/2012 2:20:52 PM
all the ones that arent squire sscc?
---
Gamefaqs' FFT Today.. Is your day Complete without it?~TM BastardPoetry
#3AndvareelPosted 7/27/2012 3:58:59 PM
Aside for doing it to prove it can be done (and you've pretty much missed the boat there), I don't see the appeal in the SSCC. It comes down even more to AI abuse and careful CT manipulation. In some sense, they're like math problems... with a luck component and lots of resets.

SCCs and TDDs (and similar challenges or simple derivatives) leave party dynamics in place, which, IMHO, is key to keeping the game fun... and there are enough restrictions still in place that the simple act of just leveling less or using one fewer character is often enough to keep the game challenging but not aggravating.
#4Soulzek44(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 4:49:05 PM
Andvareel posted...
Aside for doing it to prove it can be done (and you've pretty much missed the boat there), I don't see the appeal in the SSCC. It comes down even more to AI abuse and careful CT manipulation. In some sense, they're like math problems... with a luck component and lots of resets.

SCCs and TDDs (and similar challenges or simple derivatives) leave party dynamics in place, which, IMHO, is key to keeping the game fun... and there are enough restrictions still in place that the simple act of just leveling less or using one fewer character is often enough to keep the game challenging but not aggravating.

Interesting, I may try a TDD. Though, isn't it going to be easy with a Wizard/Math + Ramza anything?
#5PhoenixNinePosted 7/27/2012 4:58:37 PM
You don't HAVE to use the most broken combo you know. Try a Geomonk and Priencer.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#6ZalyckronPosted 7/30/2012 11:41:16 AM
Soulz, a Single Class Challenge just involves a single class, not a single character.

Ramza can also solo any map by standing in a corner and not being shoddily built.

Whats TDD?