This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Black chocobo

#1talksalot006Posted 8/21/2008 7:01:26 PM
Alright, I have the blue and green chocobo and the green has 9 wins, so I have a 100 percent chance of getting a black one. and I know what nut to use and all that. However, my only problem is that out of 10 atempts, all 10 black chocobo's have been male. and the wonderful chocobo that I have is male also, so am i just having bad luck or is the black chocobo automatically a male
---
Billy, I told you not to go into the enchanted woods, now look at you. Ruby weapon spun you around, now you're IQ is 30 and you break everything you touch
#2talksalot006(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2008 7:21:18 PM
*ahem*
---
Billy, I told you not to go into the enchanted woods, now look at you. Ruby weapon spun you around, now you're IQ is 30 and you break everything you touch
#3morbid_beanPosted 8/21/2008 7:30:05 PM
Why not just go get a Female Wonderful Chocobo if all you keep getting is male.
#4Game_GeeksPosted 8/21/2008 7:32:54 PM
It's 50/50 split to determin gender. All it is is bad luck.
#5talksalot006(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2008 7:44:19 PM
yea Im about to start doing that, but I just wanted to know
---
#6DRX777Posted 8/22/2008 6:47:18 AM
Pretty sure the gender of each chocobo is determined when you enter the farm, but the class is determined as soon as you catch em. So if you nab a Wonderful chocobo, then save before entering the farm, you can reload until it ends up being the gender you want.
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
#7V ValentinePosted 8/22/2008 8:15:27 AM
The next time you reload your save, try fighting in a few battles, it may re-randomize the gender thing for you.
---
UM Football- home to criminals and losers... it's a rebuilding year...
#8talksalot006(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2008 1:23:42 PM
Yay! I got my gold chocobo!!
thanks everyone!!
so, I hear that each colour chocobo unlocks a cave.
I just got KOTR from the gold chocobo
I got the quadra magic from, I belive it was the blue Chocobo
but what can you get from black and green?
I went to a cave with my black chocobo ( it contained a command materia) but it was empty so I suppose that might answer the green, considering it was blocked by a mountain on one side and shallow water on the other.

---
#9zfair89Posted 8/22/2008 2:33:58 PM
you are missing HP-MP materia.
you can still get it with your gold chocobo.
if i remember correctly, HP-MP is near wutai behind a mountain. ( i may be wrong though)
---
PSN:zfair89 XBL: zfair899---Currently playing: mgs4 ,dmc4
in the end, there will be only chaos!
#10talksalot006(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2008 6:58:41 PM
^ I atempted going after that materia eariler today ( it's in the glaicer area) I gave up, deciding it wasn't worth it due getting frequently lost
---