This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

chocobo S rank???

#1miles1993Posted 6/8/2009 8:32:37 PM
how long does it take to race your chocobo to S rank???
---
98% of the population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
#2MattD2779Posted 6/8/2009 8:34:36 PM
I believe every fourth race you go up a rank, but only if you do the long course each time.
---
All work and no play makes Jack murder his whole entire family with a god damn axe - cumbojumbo
#3SzymaaPosted 6/8/2009 8:35:42 PM
I don't think the course length matters, but you are right about rank increasing every 4th race.
---
Bow chicka bow wow
#4miles1993(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2009 8:45:00 PM
ok. but do you know how much time it will take???
---
98% of the population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
#5MattD2779Posted 6/8/2009 8:50:32 PM
It'll only take, what? 2 minutes to win a race, even if you go with the long course. 4x2 = 8x4 classes = about 32 minutes maybe? The races will take less time as you go up in rank though, since the birds are faster. About a half hour I would say, depending on your bird.
---
All work and no play makes Jack murder his whole entire family with a god damn axe - cumbojumbo
#6SzymaaPosted 6/8/2009 8:51:45 PM
Add another couple of minutes for general menu surfing and GP/prize getting.
---
Bow chicka bow wow
#7miles1993(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2009 9:00:13 PM
ok so im looking at about 2 1/2 hours for 4 chocobos. im trying to get the golden chocobo
---
#8sniperfox29Posted 6/8/2009 9:31:58 PM
What a lot of miss information in this topic.

First, what course you select has no baring on gaining a rank, short or long, the win is all that counts. Win three races and you go up a rank, they don't have to be in succession, just win three, and bingo.

Second, you don't need to get all your chocobo's up to S rank to get a gold chocobo, you only need a set of combined wins between each parent to guarantee success.

Between the great/good you need 4 combined wins to get either blue/green
Between the blue/green you need 9 combined wins to get the black
Between the Wonderful/Black you need 12 combined wins to get the gold (providing you select the black first, game glitch).

Now these are combined wins, meaning that if you race your great chocobo and win 4 times, you don't need to take your good chocobo to the track because you will have exactly the same chance for a blue/green (50% on each) than if you raced them to S class.
---
Just because you claim to be honourable doesn't mean you are.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#9Perin ValinPosted 6/8/2009 9:34:59 PM
isn't it faster to just reset over and over rather than raise every chocobo's rank

I would just skip the racing aspect and do the breeding part of whatever FAQ you read.
#10__C_L_O_U_D__Posted 6/8/2009 11:11:03 PM

isn't it faster to just reset over and over rather than raise every chocobo's rank

Not if you're unlucky or the RNG somehow hates you.

...which has happened to me a couple times when I tried breeding without racing, no matter how much I randomize the RNG. Took me longer than to just race them.

---
You don't need a reason to help people.