This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding Chocobos - Can't get a blue chocobo

#1Matrix333xPosted 6/22/2009 12:09:05 PM
I have read soooo many walkthroughs and guides about this and found nothing to explain my problem.

I successfully created a green male chocobo by breeding a great female and good male. Now, I am trying to create a blue chocobo by breeding a great male and good female. 95% of the time I get a green male chocobo and 5% of the time i get a blue male chocobo. I need a blue female.

My chocobos are in A class and have been fed very very well.

Why do I almost always get a green chocobo and never get a female?

Thanks in advance,
Matrix333
#2BUM_RUSH_9999Posted 6/22/2009 12:13:28 PM
Its probably a stuck Random Number Generater. Go and fight a battle, save, then try again. It should unstick the generater so you start getting different results. Rinse and repeat until you get the one you're after.
---
Sit your ass down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA
DON'T LISTEN TO BRADYGAMES' LIES
#3Matrix333x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 12:27:12 PM
I've tried that to no avail. I even tried feeding them more, racing them more, and riding them. Nothing seems to work... It is REALLY frustrating!
#4Matrix333x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 12:31:03 PM
Is it true that:
Great Female & Good Male = Green
Great Male & Good Female = Blue

Or do you randomly get a blue/green when mating Great and Good chocobos?

I might just release all my chocobos and start over again because I don't know if I can stand much more of this "rinse/repeat" when i keep getting green males... :(
#5GigantuarPosted 6/22/2009 12:34:45 PM
This is the most accurate breeding guide I found.

http://shadow.thebrink.us/chocobobreeding.html

Try reading through that and see if it can be of help.
---
Good morning, Crono!
#6Matrix333x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 12:43:21 PM
Gigantuar,

As long as that guide is correct, it answers a lot of questions. I will give it another try when I get home from work tonight. Thank you.
#7GigantuarPosted 6/22/2009 12:49:47 PM
Someone else posted that here and helped me make it through the breeding. It worked really well for me and helped me to get the Gold Chocobo really quick.
---
Good morning, Crono!
#8phiefer3Posted 6/22/2009 12:59:13 PM
That guide is correct.

The guides posted on this site were made before everything was actually known. Unfortunately, the massive amounts of guides on a topic makes it difficult, if not impossible, to get an accurate guide posted for a game this old, even though the older guides are incorrect while the newer ones are correct.
---
[/rant]
you just accidentally my whole signature
#9TanyaGDPosted 6/22/2009 1:41:33 PM
Try this guide:

http://shadow.thebrink.us/chocobobreeding.html

I was using the guides on GameFaqs, but they were NOT working.
But ass soon as I started using shadow's guide ^^^^, everything was going perfectly.
Everything he states on it is true and EASIER
Getting both Blue and Green Chcobos is whats really frustrating, but from there it gets better.
Except for the Wonderful Chocobo...

---
PSN= ss1006
Mmmmmmmm, SOO meaty.
#10Matrix333x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2009 5:40:16 PM
2ND TRY! Thanks everyone! That guide is the best.