This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WHY!!! I can't the blue chocobo!

#1mysotaru286Posted 7/30/2009 11:49:47 AM
I have now tried 43 times to get the blue chocobo(I counted). I have used 3 different guides. I have gotten the green chocobo 12 times now. I am using Great Male choco and a good female with a carob nut. is there anything i'm doing wrong?
---
-that's what she said.
XBL GT: Maximous TK
#2JPSTheBigFellaPosted 7/30/2009 11:56:23 AM
Have you got both up to at least "A" Class in the Chocobo Racing?

And, maybe do some random battles.....
---
Final Fantasy 7 BEST.GAME.EVER.....Still
#3robeo2Posted 7/30/2009 11:56:42 AM
You're probably not resetting the rng and instead just reloading your save over and over. You need to soft reset, get into a battle or a few, save then try again. Or you're just unlucky.
#4JukainPosted 7/30/2009 11:58:41 AM
A Class is not necessary, just four wins between the two of them. Guaranteed green or blue. But if it's giving you the same colour over and over, go out, fight about 12 battles, save the game, then try again.
---
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!
#5mysotaru286(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2009 12:00:13 PM
Ok that battle thing seems to help, i finally got a blue(not the one i need but i digress). thanks
---
-that's what she said.
XBL GT: Maximous TK
#6sniperfox29Posted 7/30/2009 12:05:00 PM
Little tip for you, when chocobo breeding if you keep getting the same results, do something different before a retry, fight a battle, mess with your materia, light a fart, that kind of thing.

Because of the way the Random Number Generator works (its not exactly random) you can get stuck with exactly the same results upon reloading, thus a little bit of action on your part (as little as moving a piece of materia or fighting one battle) can unstick the RNG and get you a different result.
---
Just because you claim to be honourable doesn't mean you are.
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#7sniperfox29Posted 7/30/2009 12:05:54 PM
Oh, and never listen to anybody who tells you that you need to reach a certain class in chocobo racing, they are either lying, or horribly ill informed. That information was outdated ten years ago, but some people refuse to believe it.
---
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#8JPSTheBigFellaPosted 7/30/2009 12:08:20 PM
Yeah! Don't listen to those suckers!
---
Final Fantasy 7 BEST.GAME.EVER.....Still
#9sniperfox29Posted 7/30/2009 12:18:37 PM
Because they are wrong, class has nothing to do with the odds of raising the chocobo you want, wins do.

Example

4 combined wins between the great/good chocobos will guarantee either a blue (50%) or green (50%). So if you race and win twice with one and twice with the other, neither has actually raised its rank, yet you have the same odds (as in the best odds) as if you'd raced them up to S rank.
---
GT - Sniper Fox29.
#10kevwafflesPosted 7/30/2009 12:29:03 PM
Add to the fact that nothing besides the parents' max potential stats (whether raised to that point or not) and the Nut used (which you don't have a choice, but you're always using the best 2 anyways) has any effect on child's max potential stats, and there is no reason to race more than the required amounts. Not to mention all the gil most guides will have you waste.
---
"One toot on this whistle will take you to a far away land."
-Toad, SMB3