This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enemy Lure Materia Question

#1DoerainesuPosted 7/30/2009 10:59:42 PM
Do they stack? For example, if I equip two mastered ones, will I get both 2x multipliers bringing the total encounter rate to 4x, or is it capped at 2x?
---
PSN ID/XBL Gamertag: Doerainesu
#2JukainPosted 7/30/2009 11:09:59 PM
Both Lure and Away stack, but if you have a Master of either then it's mostly pointless to have another.
The maximum Lure can grant is 200%, and a Master Lure will grant 187.5%
The minimum Away can grant is 12,5%, and a Master Away will grant 12.5%
---
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!
#3Doerainesu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2009 11:20:07 PM
So, by having 2 mastered Enemy Lures is the most that would have effects. One Lure would contribute the full 187.5% and the other would only contribute 12.5% bringing the total to 200%. Based on this a third Lure would be useless, since the cap has already been reached by the first 2. Furthermore, since the second would only contribute 12.5% before reaching the cap, it would be essentially unnoticeable, and I'd be better off using the materia slot for something else.

Did I interpret that right?

---
PSN ID/XBL Gamertag: Doerainesu
#4JukainPosted 7/30/2009 11:25:59 PM
Actually, the truth of the matter is that in the case of Lure, you only need a Master and its baby (doesn't have to be Mastered) to get the full effects.

Both Lure and Away have the same statuses, just going the opposite direction:
Level 1 - Raises or Lowers battle chance by 43.75%
Level 2 - Raises or Lowers battle chance by 87.5%
Level 3 - Master

If you want the lowest possible (12.5%) chance of battles, you just need a Level 2 Enemy Away.
If you want the highest possible (200%) chance of battles, you just need a Level 2 Enemy Lure and a Level 1 Enemy Lure. Unless you got two Enemy Lure from Gold Saucer, this would mean 1 Master and its baby.

Another way you could look at this, is that you need two Level 1 Enemy Away to have 12.5% chance of battle and three Level 1 Enemy Lure to have 200% chance of battle.
---
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!
#5Doerainesu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2009 11:35:28 PM
OK, I said mastered just because I had two mastered Enemy Lures anyway. I'll just use those two, since I don't care about mastering additional Enemy Lures (they would just be redundant anyway).

Thanks for your help.

</topic>