This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Significance of the "Throw" Materia's placement...

#1Crazy4MetroidPosted 8/28/2009 12:11:37 AM
Lately, I have been a little curious about why Yuffie starts equipped with the Throw Materia by default. What's the significance of this anyway? I am not too familiar with the various job classes in the Final Fantasy games. Over the years, I have only played a small handful, namely VII, VIII, X, and X-2. In Final Fantasy VII, the first time you encounter Yuffie, she has the temporary name "Mystery Ninja". I do remember reading somewhere that Ninja was one of the original job classes. It makes me wonder if the Throw ability is normally associated with the Ninja job class. I can't tell for sure as Rikku in Final Fantasy X has the throw ability in her section of the sphere grid. Rikku also has the steal ability in her section of the sphere grid possibly putting her in the theif job class. Then back to Yuffie who seems to be a notorious theif herself. Remember when she steals all of your Materia in Wutai? Not to mention that she steals some gil from you and takes off if you enter the menu or answer a question wrong during that dialogue you have with her after the initial battle with her.

It seems that both Yuffie and Rikku are half ninja and half thief. Is the throw ability a typical aspect of either or both of these two classes?
---
Q: What is worse than biting in an apple and finding a worm?
A: Trust me, you don't want to know!
#2more_cow_bellPosted 8/28/2009 12:18:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3more_cow_bellPosted 8/28/2009 12:20:33 AM
its the ninja thing. in the other games its there special command. edge ff4, shadow ff6. and so on
---
hip hop flipty flop offa your rocker and over the top life's a fiction and the worlds a lie so put on some credence and lets get high
#4Achou7Posted 8/28/2009 2:52:44 AM
Along that note, anyone else see the irony in having Cait Sith start with Manipulate?
#5Mr_SkullheadPosted 8/28/2009 2:54:11 AM
No, because Cait Sith having the Maniuplate materia is the complete opposite of irony.
#6Crazy4Metroid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2009 3:41:35 AM
Along that note, anyone else see the irony in having Cait Sith start with Manipulate?

The significance of Cait Sith starting being equipped with the Manipulate Materia by default became blatently obvious to me when I learned that he was being controlled by Reeves and that Reeves has the ability to control inanimate objects.
---
Q: What is worse than biting in an apple and finding a worm?
A: Trust me, you don't want to know!
#7JukainPosted 8/28/2009 3:59:22 AM
I know you get it shortly thereafter, but I still say Tifa should have come equipped with Steal. Especially since (in a manner of speaking) Sneak Glove is semi-tied-to-her in that you get it while you're on your run to get her Ultimate. And though you got it before, Aerith should've totally come with Restore. Barret not coming with any is verifyable because he didn't even know what the hell to do with the Restore that you found. Nanaki having Fire (Cosmo Canyon) and Sense (extremely intelligent) made a lot of sense. Yuffie having Throw fit her Ninja-ness (though she's as far away from being ninja as Naruto is...). Cait Sith and Manipulate goes hand-in-hand (yay foreshadowing!). Cid and Vincent not having any... well. I guess Vincent was in that coffin for about fifty years, so... I guess that's explainable, but you'd think some of his mutation would have spoken to the Planet and attracted some Materia... Iunno. And Cid was probably gifted some Materia by Shera but probably rejected, slapped her in the face, and told her to make him some goddamn tea.
---
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!
#8KlydeVividariumPosted 8/29/2009 10:55:38 PM
And Cid was probably gifted some Materia by Shera but probably rejected, slapped her in the face, and told her to make him some goddamn tea.
XD
It's funny cause it's so true....

---
Pokemon Platinum FC: 4726 6581 4843 - Name: TOBI!
neofio@hotmail.com; E-mail meh and we shall trade the pokemans. :D
#9reno385Posted 8/30/2009 12:10:57 AM
Yuffie has Throw because it's traditionally been a ninja technique in FF. Also Aerith is poor, that's why the only materia she has is the most useless and also ironically the most useful materia Holy.
---
If you had told me 5 years ago that I could play Spyro the dragon and Final Fantasy 7 while on the toilet, I'd have said you were mad. And then god gave us PSP.
#10thetrueoskarPosted 8/30/2009 12:12:05 AM
Can you think of a reason for Cloud having the two he does?

Vincent not having any... well. I guess Vincent was in that coffin for about fifty years, so... I guess that's explainable, but you'd think some of his mutation would have spoken to the Planet and attracted some Materia...

Not any you can see...
---
Rickripper-Did u come up with a strategy for bedding Rikku and Yuna? An hero
TJF588-Did you come up with a strategy for bedding Cissnei and Yuffie? An SOLDIER