This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they ever have such advanced technology in this game like in Crisis Core?

#1SavottPosted 11/22/2009 2:16:11 PM
I know a lot about this game, but maybe I missed something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ZaSipHuO4

That scene is from Crisis Core, and apparently it all takes place in a holographic training area, but in FF7 they never said anything about having such advanced technology.

I only ask this because I hate it when they go back and change things like this, and they did it a lot in Crisis Core like adding new towns or something.
---
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make the Xbox 360.
vtt
#2boardgenxPosted 11/22/2009 2:20:05 PM
Alot of what Cloud "remembers" in FFVII, he did not really experience...It was Jenova, playing mind games, on the characters, and the players...

There could be a reason that certain information was intentionally not passed on to Cloud, such as high tech training.

Only good excuse I can think of
#3Savott(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2009 2:24:50 PM
Well not only what Cloud experienced, but in general.

We never saw anything that looked really advanced through the game aside from maybe Sister Ray.
---
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make the Xbox 360.
vtt
#4boardgenxPosted 11/22/2009 2:29:13 PM
True...and the Sister Ray cannon was in Crisis Core, so that doesn't even really count!

I also hate it when prequels have more advanced technology, then the original storylines....just a major pet peeve of mine.
#5LashenyaPosted 11/22/2009 3:38:43 PM
Just because no one talks about it does not mean it does not exist.
---
Coffee? Heh...isn't my cup of tea - Scooter
#6Shadow Flare13Posted 11/22/2009 3:49:32 PM
Well... considering Bugen has that virtual reality space thingy in his house, I'd venture to guess that it's not the only instance of virtual reality in the FFVII world >_>.
---
FF marathon in progress. Completed: FF I, II, III, IV, V, VI, XII, VIII, IX Currently on: FFX
#7knightly_probePosted 11/22/2009 4:57:06 PM
Advanced technology never seemed very central to FF7's story, aside from those dealing with gene manipulation and biological mods. Virtual reality systems weren't emphasized, but the over-the-top crap in CC isn't too farfetched given what we saw in Bugenhagen's lab and in Gold Saucer's various gaming options.

Shinra Co. is presumed to have had the most advanced tech in FF7's world, so yeah, I wouldn't say CC's stuff is very odd.
---
"**** You!" - Earth
#8KOTRsssPosted 11/22/2009 5:55:29 PM
COMPILATION SPOILERS

Yeah, there's really no excuse. Even when people point out Bugenhagen's laboratory, it just doesnt cut it. Bugen's laboratory consists of holograms. That is VERY different from a virtual reality simulation that is capable of destroying a metal sword.

There's also the fact that he has a bunch of bulky machinery intended to simulate the solar system and nothing else. It's not like he can flip a switch and have it show the ocean instead. And then there's the fact that it also seems to be mirroring reality, as we can witness when the rocket crashes into meteor, and his laboratory shows the bright flash of light.

The fact of the matter is simply that the developers wanted to have advanced technology, so they went ahead with it. When you think about it, do the reality simulation FMVs in Crisis Core even make that much sense? That he's fighting Wutai troops "disguised as Shinra troops"? Or that the entire fight between Genesis, Angeal, and Sephiroth took place in a simulator when you have Angeal running around like an idiot saying things like "Stop! You'll destroy us all!!!" etc. It's like they just developed the FMVs for marketing purposes, and then couldnt find a good way to fit them into the story, so they were just like "it wuz reality simulator lulz"

The exception is that FFVII actually does have a hover vehicle: Air Buster. But that's a high budget mechanical weapon created by Shinra. The notion that DoC can therefore get away with hover trucks, hover platforms, and airplanes is still ridiculous. 3 years before, meteor hit and destroyed Midgar. What, are we supposed to just assume that they found a new way of powering everything that's somehow even more efficient than Mako?

It's just the typical bull **** that SE feeds us, and yeah, it looks cool, but it's got no substance whatsoever.
---
The Compilation's full of more holes than Zack. Let's all just be honest about that. -annoyingdebate
#9VinCon01Posted 11/22/2009 7:03:43 PM
Yeah...KOTR, you do realize that Bugenhagen was an old man living in a canyon in the middle of nowhere, right? Do you honestly think that if he could get something like that built, a massive corporation controlling the vast majority of the planet and its resources couldn't come up with something more advanced? Your claim that Shinra shouldn't be able to do something so advanced because even Bugenhagen's model wasn't so advanced doesn't seem to take into consideration the vast differences that they would have in terms of resources. Basically, if an old man living in a tower in a relatively unimpressive canyon town can find a way to build a massive holographic space model capable of completely mimicking the functions of the universe, why couldn't a massive corporation with control of almost an entire planet's resources, including some of the most brilliant scientific minds in the game's world, build something better?

You might as well argue that if I can't build a supercomputer, then the United States government can't build one (Or hire someone else to build one) either.

I only ask this because I hate it when they go back and change things like this, and they did it a lot in Crisis Core like adding new towns or something.

...Let me get this straight, alright? You're disappointed that they added more towns into the game, but weren't remotely bothered by the fact that the original game had an entire planet that contained perhaps half a dozen actual towns in it? Perhaps a little over a dozen if we count all of the areas that have neither people, buildings, huts, nor anything else resembling what is generally required for a town. I call it "common sense" for SE to put more towns into the game, given that it's utterly ridiculous to think that the population of FFVII's planet was limited to half a dozen cities and a few hundred people (At least based on what's actually shown).

---
"I. AM GOING. TO DIE. BECAUSE EVERYTHING. IS THE ****. ON FIRE." - Asuka Langley Soryu, Shinji Just Snaps and Totally Wails on Everything.
#10KOTRsssPosted 11/22/2009 7:06:43 PM
Do you honestly think that if he could get something like that built

It was given to him by professor Gast. Shinra made it. Pretty sure that covers everything.
---
The Compilation's full of more holes than Zack. Let's all just be honest about that. -annoyingdebate