This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Vincent any good?

#1CIMF_HeRingerPosted 12/4/2009 7:54:51 AM
I just got him. Cloud / Barret / Tifa is my party right now.

What's good and what's bad about Vincent? Maybe I will replace Tifa with him.

I'm just worried about something I read, that he goes berserk for the rest of the battle if he uses his limits. I mean, doesn't that make him a pretty lousy character, specially if I'm thinking of using him for healing purposes?
#2Yojimbo_BetaPosted 12/4/2009 7:59:45 AM
I'm thinking of using Vincent as a healer. Is this a good idea?

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahah! Ah-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

No.
---
I spend far too much time here.
#3Yojimbo_BetaPosted 12/4/2009 8:02:13 AM
Vincent could be a lot worse, to be serious, but yes, if he enters limit break, he can no longer be controlled. His limit attacks are all offensive, too, and he's not that strong stat-wise. He gets a weapon whose accuracy he can abuse, but Tifa gets one too, and two others with abusable mechanics, and Cait Sith gets the same mag stat for significantly better defenses, more HP and a little less MP, whilst also gaining powerful limits that can heal the party.
---
#4Dahvid123Posted 12/4/2009 8:03:25 AM
He also has the lowest strength in the game (save Aeris who I don't count) . His limit breaks hurt him not only because you lose control over him but because they do such horrid damage. I did the math on it for another post and found out that it takes about 13 turns for Vincent's level 3 limit to match the damage of anyone else's in your party (don't even consider level 4 because he'll never pass anyone). His final weapon is also the worst of anyone else's. He does have the good stats for a mage but , meh.
---
Does a brother and sister who choose to copulate or fall in love in any way harm you or force you to commit the same form of act?
-jasten
#5KerntheGermPosted 12/4/2009 8:38:20 AM
I'd take Vincent's consistent 2-attack Limit over Cait Sith's random I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I-might-get Limit any day.

He's extremely good early on with the Sniper CR + Deathblow combo, which will out-damage all of your other physical attacks right up until the point where you get the upgraded version, which should last you until Ultimate Weapons. And his L1 and L2 Limit Breaks will also consistently out-damage the rest of your party over the course of a long battle, as long as you're careful about enemy resistances. He can actually out-damage the rest of your party by a lot if you hit a weakness.

Ultimately, he's a great character when you get him, but he becomes garbage by the end of the game. Your call on whether or not you want to put him in your party.

---
No Remorse. No Regrets. No Reason. Only Madness.
Somewhere in Nevada . . .
#6CIMF_HeRinger(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 8:38:29 AM
That's too bad. Oh well, I guess I will stick with Tifa until I get Cid.

Speaking of which, assuming my final party is Cloud / Barret / Cid, which one is the best for healing?
#7Dahvid123Posted 12/4/2009 9:34:12 AM
"I'd take Vincent's consistent 2-attack Limit over Cait Sith's random I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I-might-get Limit any day."
-Everyone hates Cait Sith. It's like a rule around here are something.

I'm not a fan of Dice myself but from what other's tell me it's damage potential is quite surprising for early on, especially considering it's a level 1 limit break.

And Slots is what is what is. It's either one of the worst limit breaks you'll ever use or a game breaker. It depends on whether or not you want to spend the 2 – 3 hours of practice needed before you can get whatever combination you want. If you're willing to invest the time you can call out "Game Over" whenever you want on almost any enemy (some are immune to it... like the enemy "Jersey" for whatever reason but it worked for me on Ruby and Emerald and every boss and enemy I tried it on).

Think that's too cheap? Roll "Lucky Girl" and double your damage output. Combine with someone else's limit break for obnoxious amounts of damage.

Want a healer? Mog Dance can heal faster than you can damage Cait Sait and using it not only stops the battle but after you roll it Cait Sith cuts to the front of battle queue to use it.

The point is Cait Sith is only worth the time you put into him. If you don't want to invest the time, fine, the game is easy enough as it is but if you do invest the time he's easily the best character in the game.

---
Does a brother and sister who choose to copulate or fall in love in any way harm you or force you to commit the same form of act?
-jasten
#8gripturgPosted 12/4/2009 9:45:08 AM
Like it matters. Just pick whoever you like and you'll finish the game easily.
#9Yojimbo_BetaPosted 12/4/2009 11:29:45 AM
I'd take Vincent's consistent 2-attack Limit over Cait Sith's random I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I-might-get Limit any day.

Unless you exploit slots.

He's extremely good early on with the Sniper CR + Deathblow combo, which will out-damage all of your other physical attacks

Apart from D.Sentence / Curse Ring / Critical Powersoul

right up until the point where you get the upgraded version,

when you get the Master Fist

which should last you until Ultimate Weapons

Typo, you mean "until Tifa's Godhand".

And his L1 and L2 Limit Breaks will also consistently out-damage the rest of your party over the course of a long battle

Unless they're using blue magic.
---
#10Yojimbo_BetaPosted 12/4/2009 11:34:11 AM
Speaking of which, assuming my final party is Cloud / Barret / Cid, which one is the best for healing?

Cloud. Seriously. He's actually a pretty good mage.
---