This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait,so when does Cloud's sexy time with Tifa happen in the game?

#31hgblobPosted 1/6/2010 9:48:35 PM
Mukki's one of the speedo-clad men who shared a hot tub with Cloud in the Honeybee Inn.
#32CloudTifa4eva(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2010 9:50:27 PM
oh,I never did that part
---
PSN: CloudTifa4eva
#33diamond weaponPosted 1/6/2010 9:56:00 PM
oh,I never did that part

You should fall on your knees and be grateful. Note the word men, as in "more than one man".

---
I'd like to shake the hand of whoever marked this topic for "other: beating a dead horse" ~ Cheradenine
#34KOTRsssPosted 1/6/2010 10:28:09 PM
Cloud didn't mistake her voice for another. His response to Tifa saying that she heard him in the Lifestream was, "I heard a voice calling out to me too. Back then (in the Lifestream), I heard Tifa's voice." There were no doubts expressed in his line at all. He only confirmed that heard Tifa's voice.

The line that I'm referring to is:

Cloud
"I see..."
"I think I’ve heard it, too."
"Then, it was Tifa’s voice…"

I thought her "You were watching?" line had her running off to one corner of the room, sinking to the floor and covering her face in embarrassment.

She does that in the scene with high affection points, it's a different reaction for low affection points.
---
The Compilation's full of more holes than Zack. Let's all just be honest about that. -annoyingdebate
#35Run_2_the_HillsPosted 1/6/2010 10:35:44 PM
just saw the original scene in the game and it is very heavily implied that Cloud did the naughty with her.I am kind of shocked they would have an implied sex scene in a FF.

happened in X also.
#36KOTRsssPosted 1/6/2010 10:44:10 PM
FFX SPOILERS

Mmm.... not really. They kiss and then there is a flowery scene where they are under water and twirl around holding hands.

I mean, if you assume they had sex, doesnt that make Kihmari's odd smile following that scene really awkward?
---
The Compilation's full of more holes than Zack. Let's all just be honest about that. -annoyingdebate
#37hgblobPosted 1/6/2010 11:06:24 PM
The line that I'm referring to is:

Cloud
"I see..."
"I think I’ve heard it, too."

The one I'm referring to is this from the script for the low affection Highwind scene in Japanese, found here: http://rokoran.com/ff7hokankeikaku/ff7/script/sm33.htm

... which would be, "I heard a voice too. That time, Tifa's voice (was heard)..."

(Sorry, I tried to post the line but it wasn't able to display the kanji.)

Perhaps you're taking the "then" in Cloud's line to mean that he's realising that something is different from what he'd previously thought?

But what's translated as "then" was originally "ano toki" or "that time" in English, (which I've also seen translated as "back then"). Translating "Ano toki" as "Then" is correct but only in that it indicates the time at which a past event had taken place; it doesn't indicate a change in what was previously thought.

She does that in the scene with high affection points, it's a different reaction for low affection points.

Ah, I see the reason for the confusion now. "You were watching?" was Tifa's line for the morning after the high affection scene. The low affection one would have Tifa saying, "You were listening?"
#38KOTRsssPosted 1/6/2010 11:23:58 PM
Yeah, forgot to mention that little change.

Anyway, really interesting regarding the Japanese translation. I always wonder about these sorts of things. Sometimes the mistranslations are blatant screw ups like Vincent saying "So Sephiroth knows he was created 5 years ago" to mean "So Sephiroth found out 5 years ago that he was created"

But other ones like this case, just sort of imply something completely different and you cant tell that it was necessarily a mistake.

While you're hear, if you have the time would you mind translating for me a couple things I have been curious about?

1) The line at the ending FMV when Red talks about Holy having the "opposite effect"

2) Cloud's lines right after Aeris's death. I'm mostly wondering about the one that in the PSX version reads "What about my pain?" In the PC version it was changed to "What is this pain?" and I'm wondering whether the PSX version was intended to imply "You have your pain, but what about mine?" the same way that during the Kalm flashback he says "What about my sadness? It's the same as your sadness!"
---
#39CloudTifa4eva(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2010 5:01:54 AM
from diamond weapon
You should fall on your knees and be grateful. Note the word men, as in "more than one man".

sound's nasty.
---
PSN: CloudTifa4eva
#40TimeSpaceMagePosted 1/7/2010 6:05:24 AM
^^Here's that scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coRm-da6dXw

Also, WTF at that translation... so that's where that line was.
---
Proudly serving in the United States Air Force.
http://ddr.ddrecall.com/user.php?user=3761