This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Farming AP

#1NaridarPosted 1/10/2010 5:45:06 AM
Hi everyone! I just got to disc 3 and I need some advice where to farm for AP (to get master command/magic/summon materias). I'm Lv50-56, so I can survive anywhere. Which would be the best option for AP farming?
#2dyzePosted 1/10/2010 6:13:15 AM
the Magic pots and the.. uhm blob things in the northern crater are by far the best things to farm on. Magic gives 1k AP a kill and the blobs goes for 800ap a kill, though the blobs are somewhat rare.

You'll find them after the party splits up. Take the left path, then take the upper path in the next fork. You'll be in a marshy section at that time. there you'll encounter both enemies.
the magic pot is a bit tricky cuz you've gotta feed them an Elixir each to make them uninvincible, sooo you've either gotta use the w-Item thing to make lots of elixirs, or steal them from enemies, though i don't recall who you can steal from.. I went the easy way with W-item.. hehe

useful items, are the apocalypse(found in ancient forest) and cid's scimitar(should have it, found in junon reactor) for farming, since they give x3 the AP, also i think Bone armlets from bone village gives double. but clouds apocalypse was enough for me.
#3diamond weaponPosted 1/10/2010 1:26:34 PM
the Magic pots and the.. uhm blob things in the northern crater are by far the best things to farm on. Magic gives 1k AP a kill and the blobs goes for 800ap a kill, though the blobs are somewhat rare.

Magic Pots are worth 1000AP each, and come either by themselves or in groups of two
Movers are worth 800AP each, but always come in a group of three, for a net 2400AP.

sooo you've either gotta use the w-Item thing to make lots of elixirs, or steal them from enemies, though i don't recall who you can steal from

Master Tonberry, if memory serves. Maybe Gighees, too.

also i think Bone armlets from bone village gives double

Bone Armlet? The only double-growth armors are Rune Armlets.

---
You don't have to be Awesome to have Common Sense and Foresight ~riverdude
Rule #59: I will never build a sentient computer smarter than I am
#4Master619Posted 1/10/2010 2:16:07 PM
^Wrong
Platinum Bangle
---
Nickelback is so awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVA0vHrG89U&NR=1
#5TheOriginalMaxPosted 1/10/2010 2:54:04 PM
^WRONG. Both xP
---
I hate SCEE
Patience might be a virtue but I'm a sinner.
#6dyzePosted 1/10/2010 3:07:18 PM
lolz ya rune armlets... i was misslead by the bone village thingy ;)