This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate materia set up

#1bigdaddyjugPosted 4/20/2010 1:34:11 PM
So, assuming you could choose any party, any weapons, any armor, and any materia to socket, what would you choose?

I think I'd go with Cloud, Yuffie, and Cid, but I have no clue about weapons, armor, and materia. I recently started anew game but I'm still in Midgar and it's been so long since I was at end-game I don't remember most of the materia period, much less what they do.
---
A (FFVII) remake will never happen and everyone needs to learn this. -Fade2Black001
PSN id: Bigdaddyjug
#2the_k_ninePosted 4/20/2010 1:40:40 PM
Cloud @ Ultima Weapon - 4xCut=HP Plus
Yuffie @ Conformer - 4xCut=HP Plus
Cid @ Venus Gospel - 4xCut=HP Plus

Do you need anything else endgame?
---
All I need is a beat, with a continuous loop.
And a live vibe that will hypnotize like the flute.
#3Jack_369Posted 4/20/2010 1:44:34 PM
your current party with Master Magic, Command, and summon given to each of your members
---
"How can anybody hate catgirls, their hot, cute, and adorable. ALL HAIL CATGIRLS!!!" -some ramdom Anime Otaku
#4Yojimbo_BetaPosted 4/20/2010 1:48:35 PM
Depends on the circumstance. The usual KOTR setup, assuming materia aren't duplicated, is

W-Summon - HP Absorb / Knights of the Round - Sneak Attack / Command Counter - Mime / Final Attack - Revive

with extra counter mimes and perhaps KOTR-MPAbs if duplication is permitted, or stat plusses if not.

Ultimate setups are boring, because they usually follow that pattern with little variation. Here's a more interesting setup. Not as powerful, but probably more fun

Added Effect - Hades {weapon} / Master Command - Added Cut / Counter - Mime / Master Command - HP Absorb / Counter-Mime/ Quad cut - Preemptive / Counter-Mime / Counter-Mime

Quad cut will now be granted added cut and hp absorb via the master command trick. Attacks will be countered four times with a five-cut attack that can inflict 'Sleep', 'Poison', 'Confusion', 'Silence', 'Frog' and 'Small'.

That's more like it.
---
Final Fantasy 7: REBIRTH
Track the mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-7-rebirth
#5phiefer3Posted 4/20/2010 1:50:13 PM
There's not really much of an "ultimate" materia setup. There are so many different ways to completely break the system that it's really hard to say what is better or not.

Arguably something like KotR(or master summon)=HP Absorb, Mime, then I guess HP Plus, and maybe W-Summon on everyone would basically epitomize broken-ness. Might as well toss Final Attack=Phoenix/Revive on there for good measure.

Over 200k damage per turn plus being fully healed, only costs MP the first turn, as well as extra backup incase you get one-shoted. But it's also overkill for most things and there are lots of other, probably more creative, setups that can tear through things just as easily.

---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula
#6phiefer3Posted 4/20/2010 1:54:43 PM

W-Summon - HP Absorb / Knights of the Round - Sneak Attack / Command Counter - Mime / Final Attack - Revive

W-Summon liked with HP Absorb won't do anything. W-Summon is one of the 6 command materia that don't work directly with support (and one of the 4 that don't work indirectly either).

Maybe all that AI script editing is eating away at your brain Yojimbo.

---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula
#7bigdaddyjug(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2010 1:56:22 PM
Yeah, it's just been so long since I've played the game I forgot all the good materia setups.

I also don't have my stratgey guide any more thanks to my dog so I was just looking for some ideas.

I like Yojimbo's set up there.
---
A (FFVII) remake will never happen and everyone needs to learn this. -Fade2Black001
#8gmo7897Posted 4/20/2010 1:58:49 PM
Any three party members for the "main" party. Every character's ultimate weapon equipped with Mystile or Zeidrich equipped (fill in armor as needed). Morph some Master Tonberries for enough ribbons for everyone.

Everyone has the following materia equipped:

W-Item, W-Magic, W-Summon, Counter (Command)=Master Command, Quadra=Master Summon (or Master Magic), Mega-All, Final Attack=Phoenix (both mastered), Enemy Skill (two on main party, two spread over the rest), Master Magic (or Master Summon, depending), HP Plus, MP Plus, Chocobo Lure.

What??? Like I'm the only one that's grinded enough to get all this on everyone...
---
Follow me on twitter: GameFAQsuser30
You will be bored, GUARANTEED!
#9bigdaddyjug(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2010 2:07:32 PM
I love grinding in FF games.

I'll probably grind enough in this play through to get everybody to the level cap, so I'll have no problem grinding enough to get multiple Master materia of each type.
---
#10Yojimbo_BetaPosted 4/20/2010 2:09:29 PM
Hey, I did say it was more fun, rather than more powerful.

I always forget about HP absorb, though.

Here's another one:

Cloud: Enemy Skill
Barret: Enemy Skill
Cid: Enemy Skill

That's a 'game over' button if ever there was one.
---
Final Fantasy 7: REBIRTH
Track the mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-7-rebirth