This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enemy Skill Materia

#1dbb00kw0rmPosted 6/7/2011 9:29:11 AM

I'm playing this through for my first time and I found the Enemy Skill materia. It's currently equipped on Cloud but I can't use it. How do I get new skills to use with it?

#2shadow666Posted 6/7/2011 9:35:22 AM
You need the wearer to be hit by a learnable skill, then just win the battle to keep it. Some enemies will be happy to cast skills on you, but you'll have access to more once you have the Manipulate materia and can force the enemy to cast skills on you.
Once you get a second materia, beware of putting them on a single character: if they're hit by a skill that one materia knows but the second does not, the second will not learn the skill.
---
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid" ~ Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
#3dbb00kw0rm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 9:45:19 AM

Ok, thanks. Is there a way to tell what skills I can learn? (without a guide that is)

#4Howard_NesterPosted 6/7/2011 9:48:52 AM
Unfortunately, no. You won't know what specific skills you need to seek out. However, the enemy skill has 26 or so stars on it and they fill in with each skill you aquire so you can keep tabs on how close you are to completing your collection.
#5silenthill2Posted 6/7/2011 9:52:23 AM
There are only 2 missable enemy skills - Pandora's Box and Trine.

Make sure you have the 4th enemy skill before doing the Wutai Pagoda sidequest if you want all 4 enemy skills to have trine.

Pandora's Box will only be cast once in the entire game [unless your playthrough glitches] - its cast by the first Dragon Zombie you meet. Make sure all 4 enemy skills are equipped at that point.
---
Official Dean Winchester of the gamefaqs boards
#6Neale_finleyPosted 6/7/2011 10:08:43 AM
Beta is also missable, because the fight to learn it is completely optional. this fight should be done late in the game to make it both easier and means that more enemy skills will get beta
---
Darkrai - Salamence - Spiritomb - Houndoom - Charizard
#7phiefer3Posted 6/7/2011 10:31:03 AM

Beta is also missable, because the fight to learn it is completely optional. this fight should be done late in the game to make it both easier and means that more enemy skills will get beta

No, Beta is not missable. It's skippable, but ALL enemy skills are skippable. Trine and Pandora's Box are missable because if you miss them they're gone for good.
---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
phiefer3-I must be a glutton for punishment, but I'm going to attempt to edumacate the Veghbot
#8dbb00kw0rm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 11:27:19 AM

I've gotten my first Enemy Skill (flamethrower) and the second Enemy Skill materia.

Now I'm stuck on the boat to Costa del Sol... the stupid suntanning soldier won't let me walk past him. I've already talked to Tifa, Aerith, and Red XIII in disguise and the soldier in front of the door. What am I supposed to do now?

#9graemefinleyPosted 6/7/2011 11:36:38 AM
Go downstairs and talk to Aerith who's in disguise and she'll ask about Barrett then you can continue
---
GSP - Yoshihiro Akiyama - George Sotiropoulos - Diego Sanchez - Jake Shields
#10dbb00kw0rm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 11:37:41 AM

:/

Thanks. Aerith is so annoying lol.