This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best AP grinding spot on Disc 3?

#1Gogo726Posted 7/16/2011 5:41:12 AM
And also, are there any unique materias in the final dungeon that I'd need to retrieve so I can start working on Master materias?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#2XxMistahKrazyxXPosted 7/16/2011 5:49:33 AM
Only materia you need is Shield, after you get it you can start working on your master materia. Also Mega-all is nice since it makes most things effect all targets.

Magic pots i believe are what you wanna find in the crater. Dont remember where they're @, but i think its 10k ap a kill so 30k with triple growth
#3Transformers27Posted 7/16/2011 7:56:41 AM
Magic Pots for me. I'll try to describe from what I can remember. Its in the last dungeon where there are "pools" of water. There are 2 areas with it afaik and they are beside each other. The bigger area with the pools have a high encounter rate with those Pots. Equip AP boosts for additional bonuses and make sure you have Elixir(s) before every battle. Use the W-item glitch to make more of them.
#4Gogo726(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 10:33:27 AM
Another question. Where do I get the triple growth item?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#5shadow666Posted 7/16/2011 10:38:33 AM
There are only two triple-growth pieces of equipment. Cloud's Apocalypse is at the end of the Ancient Forest, accessed either with green/black/gold chocobo or by killing Ultimate weapon. Cid's Scimitar was in the Underwater Reactor. As the Scimitar only has two slots, you may be better of using the Javelin (double growth, 5 slots) that was in Gaea's Cliff.
---
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid" ~ Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
#6VeghEstherPosted 7/16/2011 12:38:19 PM
Magic Urns 8000 exp 2000 AP per kill. Movers no exp and even more AP then the Magic Urns and both are fought in the same lower left section of the final dungeon and the Shield Materia is located in the same location as well.
#7RedXIII400Posted 7/16/2011 4:57:55 PM
Or if you don't want to do the grinding in the final dungeon you can go to Mideel and fight monsters in the forest around there.
---
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on...
...I've never actually had just one scissor. Mine always came in pairs. - Pheifer3
#8GTApokerfiendPosted 7/16/2011 6:00:11 PM
If you are going to grind might as well do some in the sunken gelnika and use yuffie with conformer to start stacking up sources by morphing the enemies.
#9Gogo726(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2011 1:18:05 AM
Once I get Levi, I'm going to go find that final magic materia I need and start grinding out some masters. Which 3 gear sets are the most AP efficient?
---
#10VeghEstherPosted 7/17/2011 7:12:10 PM
Not including the 2 only triple growth weapons you could still buy Rune Armlets via Bone Village (the town where you dug up the lunar harp) since those armors are at a 2x growth rate.

But the only differnce is that when I could fight Emerald/Ruby Weapon ASAP I already had my Knights of the Round user with 9999 HP and at least 500+ MP so I didn't have to grind for AP at all.

Also Ruby/Emerald Weapon are ALSO worth tons of AP 50,000 each.