This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF7 Compilation

#1jasont2319Posted 8/17/2011 10:29:34 PM
Please dont turn this into a hate thread. I just have a simple question.

I thought I read awhile back they wanted to do more with this. Another sequel, prequel, remake, movie, something.

Did they decide to stop it or something?
---
SS FC: 0604 6369 3775
PS3 ID: Xanderlise
#2JCourChesNePosted 8/17/2011 10:48:50 PM
They have a lot more franchises than just final fantasy, let alone FF7. I'm sure they'll get to it sometime, but they have a lot on their plate.
#3LitanePosted 8/18/2011 3:32:20 AM
I doubt there will be any more FFVII games. Even if SE only did FF they would have too much on their hands. There's a new compilation in town now: the FFXIII compilation (and I also think that sequels will be commonplace for every main FF game now) Look how long Versus XIII has been in development.
---
To call for hands from above to lean on, wouldn't be good enough for me.
#4RinkuTanukiPosted 8/18/2011 5:52:19 AM
Yeah, with any luck, FFVII will finally be laid to rest. The XIII compilation, followed by KH3, will keep the developers busy for quite awhile. Especially if they take as long as Versus has.
#5UltimaGabePosted 8/18/2011 12:21:14 PM
Square-Enix has enough on their plate- they've got over ten other final fantasy games to remake/spin-off two or three more times. They'll come back to FFVII once they need some money.
---
PSN ID: RedSleeves
"I am Nanaki, son of the warrior Seto!"
#6KOTRsssPosted 8/18/2011 12:55:23 PM
Nomura is busy with KH. I'm sure they'll get out their milking tools when the time comes. They still have yet to do a full blown sequel or remake.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#7diamond weaponPosted 8/18/2011 1:29:56 PM
nooooo! think of the kittens! stop before it's too late

http://www.innocentenglish.com/funny-pics/cute-puppy-kitten-pics/cute-gray-kitten.jpg
---
"To witness titanic events is always dangerous, usually painful, and often fatal."
#8TomorrowDogPosted 8/18/2011 2:37:53 PM
Maybe the "brains" behind the Compilation realize the obscure Genesis/Deepground plot they made to try and extend the story further is absolutely hopeless and give it up. Then give us a cool arcade style side-scroller FFVII beat-em-up before letting the sub-franchise rest in peace.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii63/Cromifost/PSN.png
#9King_Shortt_IXPosted 8/18/2011 2:43:56 PM
JCourChesNe posted...
They have a lot more franchises than just final fantasy, let alone FF7. I'm sure they'll get to it sometime, but they have a lot on their plate.

This sounds about right.
#10shadow666Posted 8/18/2011 2:47:12 PM
They said they had plans for 20 years, or something to that effect, but it wasn't the type of comment that means much in the real world. Many creators have grand long-term plans, it doesn't mean they'll get to do anything with them if they're simply not in the right place to develop the next game, and as the others have said S-E have a lot to work on at the moment. Every entry in the compilation had an alternative reason for going ahead, so the compilation will probably only continue if they have new considerations for development and there's no other franchise they can squeeze the new title into.
---
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid" ~ Soren Aabye Kierkegaard