This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trine Enemy Skill (Spoilers welcome)

#1KLouD_KoNNeCteDPosted 2/13/2012 7:55:07 PM
I was browsing the Enemy Skill FAQ and came across this.

Trine is ONLY taught by these three enemies and they are all one time
only. The Materia Keeper you MUST fight before getting the second and third
copies of Enemy skill materia.

The bolded part is what I have a question on. I haven't reached the Materia Keeper yet and have 2 Enemy Skill Materias. Is this just a small oversight in the FAQ or did I pass the Materia Keeper some how? (I just got the buggy) Spoilers are ok since I have beat this game before.
---
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#2SzymaaPosted 2/13/2012 7:57:53 PM
Looks like it's an oversight in the FAQ. The First E-skill is in the Shinra Building, the second is in Junon, and the Materia Keeper isn't until the Nibelheim Mountains.

So you're good. No worries.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#3KLouD_KoNNeCteD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 8:16:02 PM
I figured it was but I wanted to make sure. Thanks Syzmaa.
---
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#4frayedmetal87Posted 2/13/2012 9:05:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about the Materia Keeper, just equip all four on Yuffie when you fight the battles in the tower in Wutai and wait for Godo to use it.
---
XBL: Frayedmetal
Currently Playing: Wild ARMs & FF XIII-2
#5Ultima_MGPosted 2/13/2012 9:16:33 PM
frayedmetal87 posted...
I wouldn't worry about the Materia Keeper, just equip all four on Yuffie when you fight the battles in the tower in Wutai and wait for Godo to use it.

As a quick disclaimer and word of caution in regard to this, do not equip an enemy-skill materia with an already learned skill in combination with one that needs that skill. For example: if you character is wearing 2 Enemy-Skill Materia and 1 has already learned Trine, the other WILL NOT learn it.

In other words, when you fight Stilva/Godo (especially Godo), ensure you're not wearing an enemy skill that has already learned Trine.

Additionally (and the guide you read most likely covered this, Godo is your absolute last opportunity to obtain Trine on the 4th enemy skill, so if you want it on all 4 you'll need to wait to fight him obviously.
#6JukainPosted 2/14/2012 7:44:39 AM
^ I hate that, though, it makes you wait until later in the game to get Leviathan.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#7Chaosxmk777Posted 2/14/2012 8:28:27 AM
Jukain posted...
^ I hate that, though, it makes you wait until later in the game to get Leviathan.

That's why I only ever bothered mastering 3 enemy skills, not 4. BESIDES, it's not like you can use the fourth.
---
"I'm not jealous. I... don't like people, so I don't mind not having many friends." ~ Hanako
#8RajamicPosted 2/14/2012 6:19:00 PM
Situationally, you can use all 4 in the Bizzaro fight.