This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Max natural HP/MP challenge finished.

#1songsengnimPosted 3/7/2012 9:41:54 AM
Finished.

Cloud Lv 99. HP 9511, MP 902
Vincent Lv 99. HP 8779, MP 907
Barret Lv 99. HP 9999, MP 793
Cid Lv 99. HP 9284, MP 821
Tifa Lv 99. HP 9037, MP 848
Red Lv 99. HP 9556, MP 863
Yuffie Lv 99. HP 8993, MP 838
Cait Lv 99 HP 9135, MP 869

Lets not have a circlejerk about it though. The whole point of me posting my progress was to prove the charts are viable for anyone wishing to undertake the challenge themselves. I've done this at least for the values I encountered.

Note some values are missing because either I started recording them half way through the challenge or my brain turned to semolina at points so I forgot minor things like marking the values, eating, sleeping and how to have a conversation without the corner of my eye twitching.

All credit to:

Terence for coming up with the numbers in the first place
Absolute Steve for clearly laying out the requirements in plain English in his guide
Various board members for checking certain values were obtainable after 300+ resets esp Erzfreund, phiefer3, Zaraki and anyone else who contributed maths wise.
The Kusabi for being a happy little soul supporting us all in doing this challenge :)
WingedMasamune for being a kindred spirit for field testing Aeris's charts.

Note I have chosen not to include Aeris in my challenge so credit for the first to actually finish the challenge should really go to Ultima_MG and his girl who as far as I can tell will be the first to finish all 9 characters on the one save file.
---
You know you've played too much FFVII when you find yourself trying to sell blue marbles in the local pawn shop for 1400000.
#2Ultima_MGPosted 3/7/2012 10:02:44 AM
I posted in the other thread too, but I wanted to drop in here as well and once again give you mad props for completing this beast of a challenge :-) it's been a long time coming, congratulations!
#3Gaming_EsquirePosted 3/7/2012 10:06:04 AM
I know this will sound sarcastic, but, trust me, take it on faith that these are legitimate statements/questions:

1) CONGRATS! That's impressive!

2) Was it worth it?
#4songsengnim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 10:22:02 AM
Gaming_Esquire posted...
I know this will sound sarcastic, but, trust me, take it on faith that these are legitimate statements/questions:

1) CONGRATS! That's impressive!

2) Was it worth it?

Yes It was worth it. I'm an absolute fanatic about this game and its an enjoyable pastime for me to get the most out of it I can. For a relatively linear game this is increasingly difficult so I guess thats why the various 'challenges' are so popular.

When someone gets around to creating an interface where one player's AVALANCHE can fight another player's team I'm buffed to the max baby.

To be a more than a little sad I do also think we honour SQUARE and this, their masterpiece by doing things like this. 1997 and still going strong. Screw enix, FFVII forever!
---
You know you've played too much FFVII when you find yourself trying to sell blue marbles in the local pawn shop for 1400000.
#5WallisreflectPosted 3/7/2012 10:41:00 AM
Congratulations! There's one thing that still bothers me - the fact that there are a lot of different HP/MP paths to take before they merge into single safe values. How many of them have been tested like this?
#6The_Kusabi_Posted 3/7/2012 10:50:06 AM(edited)
Congratulations songsengnim!
You have once again assisted the Perfect Game, now and for all time. You had previously discovered that additional unique Materia could be collected using the Northern Crater Duplication Trick, and now, you have proven the charts for natural max HP and MP to be correct. By doing so, from now on others will know that this challenge, however frustrating, is in fact possible. Thank you for all your work!
I'm glad that someone like you, who has been at it for so long, and has the trust of many, completed it. I, and I'm sure many others, do not doubt your completion.
I'll trust Ultima_MG when he says he has done it as well though, don't get me wrong Ultima. You're keeping good track of your progress as well.
But Song has been at this for so freaking long, there is near zero doubt of legitimacy. The challenge has finally been completed!
I'm sure Absolute Steve is also going to be happy to hear about this. I bet he'll credit you in his guide as having field-tested the charts.

Wallisreflect posted...
Congratulations! There's one thing that still bothers me - the fact that there are a lot of different HP/MP paths to take before they merge into single safe values. How many of them have been tested like this?

None of them have been tested, other than Winged with his Aeris, and Song with the rest of them. Song is the first person to have tested the charts legitimately. Although, one reason I'm looking forward to Ultima doing it as the second person, as he'll prove another path of results possible as well. In other words, the more folks that test and prove, the better. I'll feel even more relieved when a second game has been proved to be legitimately maxed.
#7Moomba33Posted 3/7/2012 10:47:11 AM
Congrats! :D
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#8songsengnim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 10:59:04 AM(edited)
Wallisreflect posted...

Well, probably only a few paths if you count a path as all the way to Lv99. 8 for me, Ultima is just finishing his second in Barret I think. Then there's the various other people doing this that just don't post about it.

If there are any mistakes left they are undoubtedly in the start to middle part of the chart because I was working on minimum values for most characters after this point. I think I only found 2 inconsistencies in the whole field test. One for Yuffie and one for Cid. Both now corrected.

People attempting this should be aware just because they havn't got the value combination they want after 50, 100, 200, 250 resets this is normal.
I'd now only post for help after about 300 resets. Not that I'd do this again mind you.
---
#9songsengnim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 10:57:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10WallisreflectPosted 3/7/2012 11:10:04 AM
songsengnim posted...
People attempting this should be aware just because they havn't got the value combination they want after 50, 100, 200, 250 resets this is normal.
I'd now only post for help after about 300 resets. Not that I'd do this again mind you.

I wonder why it can take so long given the 1/64 chance. I know I've read here that the RNG for this game is kinda screwy, so maybe it has something to do with that. Or maybe it's just some really bad luck.

Hopefully be able to help out a bit too, confirming some of the remaining values. However, I've only just started keeping record of my results, save a handful of emergency saves going up to 25 or so levels back. Most characters are in the high 60s, while Cloud, Vincent and Cid are lv 81-85.