This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 7 remake exclusively for PS4

#1omniwarrior1980Posted 4/26/2013 8:51:41 PM
Bankrupts Nintendo and nearly kills the next Xbox (Microsoft won't die that easily.)

I believe this would be especially true if SE went through all PS1 through PS2 Final Fantasies and made them all exclusive to PS4.
---
I hack stuff...
#2manmousePosted 4/26/2013 9:20:05 PM
thing is Squeenix's style now caters mostly towards japanese pop culture. while FF7 was very japanese, they also used a style that was very much appealing to American sensibilities at the time. plus it's just not gonna blow anyone away like the original did.

when it came out, it didn't matter who you were. my friends who played doom all the time, people who were only used to cartoon style games, only liked sports games, etc, were all drawn into FF7. so many people bought PS's simply because FF7 appealed to them so much, everything about it was new and cool.

look at this Cloud, this is what everyone saw and he became the coolest character of 1997.
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/874138/cloud.jpg

now look at this thing. sure, some Americans think he looks cool, but overall it's a more niche style that's not gonna win over the US audience like before.
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7ac/screens/ff7ac146.jpg

when people saw Cloud in 97, it doesn't matter who you were. fans of every style of game thought FF7 looked awesome. unfortunately, Squeenix isn't the same and goes by a very J-pop glammy goth style that simply doesn't click anymore.

and as for the style of game it was, FF7 offered players a world they hadn't seen before. RPG fans were used to worlds with bigger games, but nothing that ever looked like and felt as immersive as FF7's world. of course they wanted to buy a PS, it became the console that could offer that.

but an FF7 remake? people have already been playing huge openworld games for a while now. anything a new FF7 could do, most mainstream WRPG makers have already done. Squeenix simply doesn't have a seed of innovation left in them, and whatever they do would either result in A.) a FF13-like hallway experience with cities that look impressive until you realize you can't even divert from like 2 different roads. but ooh, lights! or B.) a pale Skyrim esq open world made by people who have never made a world like that before, and world be guaranteed to be inferior to whatever a company like Bethesda put out on the PS4 or XboxNumberWhatever.

simply put, given their current philosophy of making games, there is nothing they can do to reach a FF7-esq industry buster anymore, until nearly everything about them changes. kinda like how they can sell millions of copies of 13, but 13 will never be the basis or groundwork for what a whole generation of games tries to be. there are more successful formulas now, and even if people like a game like 13, it can't change the world. that's how a 7 remake would be.

wow i worded that entire post horribly. like, really bad.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMa-wQGYjBA
#3SzymaaPosted 4/26/2013 9:20:18 PM
If you believe that, then quite honestly you're a fool.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#4crono12064Posted 4/26/2013 11:08:46 PM
manmouse posted...
now look at this thing. sure, some Americans think he looks cool, but overall it's a more niche style that's not gonna win over the US audience like before.
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7ac/screens/ff7ac146.jpg.

Exactly. I recall the time when screenshots of him in AC were first released and needless to say, you could've drowned from the river of salty tears produced. Numerous complaints about him looking too Asian and/or looking too feminine.
---
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.
#5King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/27/2013 4:40:53 AM
A FF7 remake would be the death knell for Final Fantasy and SE.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#6RaiuPosted 4/27/2013 7:39:12 AM
FF7 remake for PS4 would take probably around 15 or 20 years, given that they said it'd take them five years to produce a reamake just to the graphic level of the PS3 tech demo (which was a rush job) or ten years to produce a reamake to fully take advantage of the PS3's graphic capabilities.

So, no, I don't think a PS4 game - even FF7 - released somewhere in the late 2020's or early 2030's (which is two or three generations of consoles further down the line) will bankrupt anybody, any more than releasing a new SNES or Genesis game now will bankrupt anyone.
---
-Raiutaryuu-
#7Septimo_OmegaPosted 4/27/2013 8:06:35 AM
lol what
#8_pigzigaccount5Posted 5/2/2013 9:48:34 AM
when it came out, it didn't matter who you were. my friends who played doom all the time, people who were only used to cartoon style games, only liked sports games, etc, were all drawn into FF7. so many people bought PS's simply because FF7 appealed to them so much, everything about it was new and cool.

look at this Cloud, this is what everyone saw and he became the coolest character of 1997.
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/874138/cloud.jpg

agreed with this, there is a universal appeal to the old ff7, square enix probably doesnt even realize what they did. i honestly think if they remade ff7 it would end up worse cause square probably would remove the charm and replace it with uncanny valley or someting
---
BEASTモードPIGZIGPIGZIGPIGZIGPIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG
PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG
#9GradieusPosted 5/2/2013 10:03:05 AM
Has no one played crisis core? While the "extra" stuff they put into the game was average at best, the sections that focused on the actual prequel of FF7 was absolutely amazing. For that reason alone I have no doubt Square Enix could manage a FF7 remake.
#10gasimakosPosted 5/2/2013 10:03:14 AM
cloud looks like a ****ing piece of **** in AC.
---
Gaia gear - best armor in the game.