This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to get the red Submarine AND the Huge Red Materia?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Is it possible to get the red Submarine AND the Huge Red Materia?
3 years ago#1
I haven't play this game in a while. I'm replaying it on my Vita. Is it possible to get both? I kinda remember getting both, but I'm not too sure. Need to find my ps1 memory card.
3 years ago#2
no
---
gonna set the the night on fire
3 years ago#3
Yes, actually.

You still can't get all four, but you get the Huge Red Materia if you succeed in the three other Huge Materia quests.
---
-Raiutaryuu-
3 years ago#4
Indeed, the huge materia from the rocket is a wildcard - it becomes the color of one that you missed. Therefore, you miss out on the Huge Blue Materia though, so you have to dig up Bahamut ZERO from Bone Village (which is a pain).
3 years ago#5
Unless I'm very much mistaken, all four Huge Materia are "wild cards". You get them in the same order regardless of what order you do the quests in and which ones you succeed in. If you succeed in any of the four quests, regardless of which one, you get the Huge Green Materia. If you succeed in any two, you get Green and Yellow. Succeed in three, and you'll find Green, Yellow, and Red waiting for you. And only if you succeed in all four will you have Green, Yellow, Red, and Blue.
---
-Raiutaryuu-
3 years ago#6
However in this case its 1 or another not both.
3 years ago#7
Actually Raiu that was disproven a couple years ago, it's only the one in the rocket that is a wild card. The Corel mission always gives Green, Fort Condor is always Yellow, and the sub is always Red, and the rocket has a priority of green > yellow > red > blue based on which missions you've failed/completed.

So yes, you could get both the red sub and the red huge materia, but it'd mean missing out on the blue.
---
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
phiefer3-I must be a glutton for punishment but I'm going to attempt to edumacate the Veghbot
3 years ago#8
Hunh. After all these years, still learning things about these old games.
---
-Raiutaryuu-
3 years ago#9
phiefer3 posted...
Actually Raiu that was disproven a couple years ago, it's only the one in the rocket that is a wild card. The Corel mission always gives Green, Fort Condor is always Yellow, and the sub is always Red, and the rocket has a priority of green > yellow > red > blue based on which missions you've failed/completed.

So yes, you could get both the red sub and the red huge materia, but it'd mean missing out on the blue.

Fun fact, when I tested this, found out that not only are the locations and color of Huge Materia already decided, the description for them in the Key Items also mentioned which Reactor they're from.

It doesn't matter what order you complete or fail any missions in, Blue is always the first to go, and the first to be supplemented if you failed an earlier mission and won the Rocket Materia. (Blue)
---
http://theepicgamers.com/
http://theepicgamers.com/downloads/grekaosangel/Project%20VII.pdf
3 years ago#10
Think all said and done having the Red materia is far better and the Blue one isn't worth purposely missing the Red one then? Just thinking... I'd rather try getting Blue in Bone Village and just making certain I do succeed in grabbing every huge materia as it becomes possible to do so.
---
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Is it possible to get the red Submarine AND the Huge Red Materia?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived