This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good junctions

#1Archwing3441Posted 1/24/2008 3:52:44 PM
I'm on the third disk right after you get ragnarok. I got all the GFs other then eden. I accidently got to level 50 (don't ask how). the problem is that all the enemies are alot tougher now >_< I figured the best way to beat them now is to have good junctions. I'm asking what are good magic to put on my stats.
#2ChaosArbiterPosted 1/24/2008 4:07:31 PM
There are better, but ...
HP: Curaga
STR: Tornado
MAG: Pain
SPR: Reflect
VIT: Meltdown
Those should be good.
---
At the end of Painkiller, it says some demons were harmed in the making of the game. During Battle Out of Hell, lots of demons were pwnz0red and 0wn3d.
#3AbsoluteStevePosted 1/24/2008 4:31:47 PM
Offensive:
-------------
HP: Ultima
Str: Meteor
Vit: Meltdown
Mag: Holy
Spr: Full-life

Defensive:
----------
HP: Full-life
Str: Ultima
Mag: Meteor
Spr: Reflect

Spd: Triple
Eva: Tornado
Hit: Double
Luck: Aura

Elem-Atk: Nothing (It doesn't affect Limit Breaks, + It will often heal)
Elem-Def: Flare + Life + Shell + Protect
ST-Atk: Depends (Death, Sleep, Pain can all be good)
ST-Def: Confuse + Berserk + (Sleep/Death/Pain)

Use Sleep VS Malboros, Death VS Toramas/Omega WEAPON, and Pain if you don't already use it in your ST-Atk. If you're lucky and have Ribbon from a PocketStation then none of this matters.

---
Absolute Steve.
www.shillatime.org
#4VilurumPosted 1/24/2008 4:54:33 PM
Your offensive setup has more HP and Spr, and your defensive setup has more Str and Mag. I think you meant to label them the other way around. That aside, I agree with those setups and they're what I generally use myself.

(Note about Ribbon though, you'll still want ST-Def Death, as Ribbon doesn't protect from that.)
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#5FallaciaPosted 1/24/2008 5:19:58 PM
I'm proud of you TC. You figured out for yourself what most people we see here never figure out in years without someone telling them. In the explanation given for almost half of the questions asked here, it generally falls in the line of, "junction, not level to get stronger."

You get a gold star.
---
I am a man.
Fallacia tuach'd cuiht dryd kenmo.
#6Archwing3441(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 6:56:16 PM
Is there any good place or method to get Reflect, Tornado, double, aura, and meltdown.
Also, is there a better way to get ultima, meteor, and holy other than the island of heaven/hell?
#7DnDerPosted 1/24/2008 7:40:24 PM
Meltdown refines from Mystery Fluid, which is refined from Gayla cards.

Tornado is refined from Windmills, which come from Abyss Worm cards.

---
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3
#8phiefer3Posted 1/24/2008 10:08:23 PM
Offensive:
-------------
HP: Ultima
Str: Meteor
Mag: Holy
Spr: Full-life

Defensive:
----------
HP: Full-life
Str: Ultima
Mag: Meteor
Spr: Reflect

I'm slightly confused, unless I'm mistaken, your Offensive set up has higher HP and Spr than the defensive set, and the defensive set has higher Str (and Mag I think) than the offensive set. Are they reversed?
---
[/rant]
#9VilurumPosted 1/24/2008 10:09:04 PM
Many good spell locations include drawing from high level versions of enemies. Keep in mind that if you get Tonberry for LV Up and LV Down, you don't need to be high level yourself (nor do you need to get the exp from killing a high level enemy) in order to draw magic from high level versions of those enemies.

Also note: these are not exhaustive lists of how to get spells. Merely my recommendations of your easiest options.

Reflect: Drawable from a variety of enemies. Easiest source is probably Wedge (disc 2 version), whom you *have* to fight, and who's wimpy, and who has it to draw at all levels. But you can also draw from a variety of random enemies - notable relatively easy sources include Iron Giants at any level, high level Blobras, and high level Adamantoises.

Tornado: Drawable from a variety of enemies as well - easiest is probably high level Thrustaevis. Also if you play cards, 1 Abyss Worm card = 1 Windmill = 20 Tornados. (You can also mug Windmills from high level Thrustaevis.)

Double: Drawable from Elnoyles and Grendels at any level, as well as a fair number of early-game bosses such as Elvoret or Gerogero. Also if you play cards, 1 Grendel card = 1 Dragon Fin = 20 Doubles. You can also get aforementioned Dragon Fins by mugging Grendels as well (4 at a time from a high level Grendel, though you'll occasionally get Power Wrist instead). That's probably the fastest option.

(Keep in mind that if you only want this for the Hit junction, that Hit is a practically useless stat. It pretty much only comes into play if blinded - and that's what status defense is for - or trying to hit a Cactuar - and that's what Irvine's Shotgun Ammo is for.)

Aura: This one's easy, though you'll need a few menu abilities for it. Use the "infinite gil method" (in a nutshell: buy Tents and if possible Cottages, Recov Med-RF into Mega-Potions, sell the Mega-Potions, repeat; use "Esthar Shop!!!" from Call Shop, and have Haggle and Sell-High, for best results) for funding purposes, as it'll cost you 150,000 gil per 100 Auras, or 200,000 gil if you don't have Haggle.

For each 100 Auras or Aura Stones you want, buy 10 Power Wrists *or* Hypno Crowns (either works) from the Esthar Pet Shop. Tool-RF these into a total of 100 Aura Stones, and then Supt Mag-RF those into a total of 100 Aura spells. Really quick and easy if you have the menu abilities to do it. Note: use the Aura *spells* for junctioning, and use the Aura *stones* in-battle for the handy limit-inducing effect (without weakening any junctions in the process).

Meltdown: Drawing from high level Gaylas is how I usually do it. You can also mug them for Mystery Fluids and refine those into 10 Meltdowns apiece, but I generally find drawing directly to be faster. It's handy to carry around some Mystery Fluids though, to replenish your stock of Meltdown as you cast it. (Because there is, unfortunately, no "Meltdown Stone", and Meltdown is a handy spell to *cast* since it zeroes the target's Vit and Spr and makes it take full damage from everything.)
---
#10VilurumPosted 1/24/2008 10:09:13 PM
Holy: Draw from, or mug, high level Elnoyles. Mugging them nets you Moon Stones, which refine into 20 Holy spells each. There's a fixed Elnoyle encounter in Esthar that you can (and should) use and abuse between when you get the Ragnarok, and the end of disc 3.

Meteor: Draw from high level Ruby Dragons. Kill off one party member before encountering them - for some bizarre reason, this makes it so Ruby Dragons never use their really painful attacks like Breath, and otherwise they're rather harmless. When your two living people have 100 Meteors each, kill one off and then revive the dead person to draw the third 100 Meteors. If you refuse to have any KOs for your characters on the battle report, either put up with Ruby Dragons being meaner, or alternatively go with a few other options for Meteor.

Ultima: This is slow no matter what - but there's still faster options than draw points. The aforementioned fixed Elnoyle (well, any Elnoyle, it's just the fixed one is, like, convenient), if it's high level and you *don't* mug it, will drop at least 2, and sometimes 3 or 4, Energy Crystals. Those will each refine (Forbid Mag-RF) into 3 Ultimas, so you're getting 6, sometimes 9 or 12, Ultimas a fight. You can also easily kill Elnoyles with ST-Atk Death.

It's still slow, and you'll get experience in the process (psst, protip: use 4 Bonus abilities when you're gaining experience and thus gaining levels, and kill/petrify anyone who can't, so they don't get experience). But it's the best of a number of bad options, really. Tradeoff for being the best junction spell in the game is that it's, not too surprisingly, a pain to get. :P
---