This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best gf setup

#1smilinjoefusionPosted 1/25/2008 1:07:17 PM
What would be the best GF distribution between the three characters? I want to make sure everyone has as many stat junctions as possible each. I know there's no perfect way to do it but what does everyone here recommend?
---
Its not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!!!
--Ren Hoek
#2Savoir_FairePosted 1/25/2008 1:25:18 PM
How far into the game are you? You should be able to get the 5 important stat junctions (hp, str, vit, mag and spr) early in disc 2.
#3Split Infinity(Moderator)Posted 1/25/2008 1:29:11 PM
If you toss a look into the guide, you'll notice that it lists junctions for each storyline/optional boss battle, taking into the account junctionable abilities GFs have and suggesting good magics to juncton onto particular stat.
---
youtube.com/profile?user=SplitInfinity
youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B3CEF3463C0E7588 (Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 Channel)
#4ZealotBoyPosted 1/25/2008 2:05:15 PM
I came up with a GF setup that focuses on abilities that cannot be taught through items.

Here is what I have:

Character 1: Shiva, Ifrit, Diablos and Cactuar
Character 2: Quezacotl, Brothers, Cerberus, Alexander, Doomtrain and Tonberry
Character 3: Siren, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, Bahamut and Eden

Every ability that can't be taught via items is evenly divided between the three character. For example, all three characters can use Initiative, Auto-Potion, Move-Up HP, Darkside, Hit-J and Luck+50% (there are only three of each of these abilities available); and two characters can use Absorb, Defend, Mug, Evade+30% and Mad Rush (there are only two of each of these abilities).

As far as junction abilities go, Spd-J overlaps - there are three Spd-J abilities but character 3 has two of them - so you'll have to find yourself another Spd-J Scroll, but other than that every character can junction to every stat (once you've acquired an Aegis Amulet and two Luck-J Scrolls, of course).

I think all characters get +20/40% abilities for HP, Str, Vit, Mag and Spr, too, but that's a moot point since you can use items to learn the +60% abilities.

It may also be worth it to note that I separated Cactuar, Tonberry and Eden because they each have Luck+50%. But if you were crazy enough (or cheated) to max out your Luck without using Luck+50%, then there may be other combinations of GFs to get the same result.
#5Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 1/25/2008 2:15:04 PM
I could swear I had three people mugging last time I played...

then again, jIt's been more than five years and my current playthrough isn't that far along.
---
Did Turning Invisible make you stupid?-Rush
It's entirely possible.-George
#6ZealotBoyPosted 1/25/2008 3:22:12 PM
Only Diablos and Bahamut have Mug, and you can't teach a GF Mug with any item, which is too bad :(
#7smilinjoefusion(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 6:06:21 PM
thanks zealot, that's exactly what i was looking for
---
Its not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!!!
--Ren Hoek