This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Best Team?

#1BahamutHBKPosted 4/14/2008 3:05:37 PM
I'm thinking Squall, Selphie, Irvine. Is that good?
---
Try it...I dare you.
#2Lydwyk WeaponPosted 4/14/2008 3:12:23 PM
that's my fav, i choose zell over irvine b/c zell's limit break is better, but i would prefer the three you indicated
---
Perfect Save Project, 3/20/08
Recently accomplished: Super Mario World, Metroid Prime
#3FeatherShardPosted 4/14/2008 3:13:57 PM
Because of how the junction system works, they're all pretty much the same. Squall, Irvine, and Zell have the most damage potential with their limit breaks, and Rinoa gets an honorable mention as well. Selphie and Quistis' LBs tend more towards the support side of things.
---
To be shown what is right and fail to do it shows a lack of courage.
]|[Fujin's Eternal Fanboy]|[
#4BahamutHBK(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2008 3:16:24 PM
For me it really comes down to Quistis, Selphie, or Rinoa.
---
Try it...I dare you.
#5ryokayinPosted 4/14/2008 6:25:44 PM
I use all of them. Don't matter who I like, they all kick ass.
---
If you think you have it, you don't...
If you think you don't have it, you still don't.
#6CygnusX2112Posted 4/14/2008 6:47:14 PM
I find myself using Squall, Zell, and Rinoa most of the time, but everyone's pretty much the same to me.

---
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
#7VilurumPosted 4/14/2008 7:31:30 PM
If I don't have any particular reason to use a given character (plot or something), I typically run around with Squall (mandatory), Irvine (time-efficient damage), and Quistis (insta-kills on almost all random enemies, and misc. support). Zell and Rinoa get a reasonable amount of use as well, although I avoid bringing Rinoa along for anything where I don't want an enemy prematurely dying (this is a reaction to Angelo Rush having one-shotted Fujin before I drew Pandemona one time).

Selphie, I typically don't use unless I want to see some dialogue that requires she be in the party. (Compared to the other characters' limits, Slots kinda... sucks. The End is nice and all, but rare is the case that it'll pop up before you would've killed whatever it was by some other means anyway. She's rather more useful in a no-junction game, mind you.)
---
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)
#8DeadPidgeonPosted 4/14/2008 7:54:51 PM
Squall, Zell, and Irvine really, simply due to their damage potential. It's sort of unfortunate, and I always try to include Rinoa or Quistis in there somewhere to avoid a complete sausage fest.
#9YellowBatman25Posted 4/14/2008 9:18:36 PM
I usually use Rinoa and Irvine. I just like seeing them there.
---
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser. Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine! - Pink Floyd
#10cookie plzPosted 4/15/2008 7:01:03 AM
There's no best team. It's all preferences and situations.

Squall, can't kick him out.

Zell, Duel is most damaging thing in 8. But 12s could take 12 minutes to perform. Blind Mugger candidate.

Selphie, if you like some random free magics that don't decrease stocks. If you like school girl cuteness. If you play in Battle Speed = Slowest.

Irvine, very fast attack motion. highest damage/sec LB. Very useful if you're doing speed run but Ammo don't come easily.

Rinoa, slowest attack motion. Can be played to advantage if you want to buy time. If you like Battle Speed = Fastest. Angel Wing Meteor gets some advantage. And gives free invisibility.

Quistis, if you like a hot chick in ur team.